Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 6 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community Introductions topic #932
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Introducing my Project" 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Previous topic | Next topic
fastmaxxcooperApr-21-06 10:55 AM
Member since Mar 21st 2006
75 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#932, "Introducing my Project"

I've had this car since last year but it has been garaged waiting for me to get around to it. It was $600 from a girl so it was unmolested and clean except for the engine/transmission (dying trans and blown headgasket). i dunno if i introduced it too early but progress will be coming along definitely this month

i already pulled the engine and trans. i'm sourcing manual parts and i'm rebuilding the engine.

plans so far:

rebuild
p&p
evo III 16g
pte intercooler
megasquirt
mandrel bent exhaust with a borla muffler

i'll be machining and welding the piping and exhaust with my trusty miller. also i haven't decided on injectors or anything else. unfortunately i sold my turbo and intercooler from my vw project so i'll be getting them as i need them.

and pics of the car

more pics on my other comp. even though its not much to look at yet

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
DanKidApr-21-06 11:18 AM
Member since Oct 29th 2004
480 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#933, "RE: Introducing my Project"
In response to Reply # 0

Good luck on your project. Your lucky you have a garage dedicated to working on your car. If I had a place like that to work on my car I would eat and sleep there 24/7.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Chris97RSApr-21-06 02:02 PM
Member since Jul 21st 2005
229 posts,
#934, "RE: Introducing my Project"
In response to Reply # 1

I plan on spending as much time as my children let me in my garage real soon. Can' forget as much time as the checkbook lets me spend.

DSM= Doesn't Start Monthly

fastmaxxcooperApr-21-06 04:50 PM
75 posts,
#935, "RE: Introducing my Project"
In response to Reply # 2

yeah i def spend a LOT of time at the garage. i have a few cars going on so i'm always working. and all my friend's cars i work on too. i wish i got paid to do all that work because then i wouldn't have to have a real job

fastmaxxcooperJan-18-07 03:14 PM
75 posts,
#936, "RE: Introducing my Project"
In response to Reply # 3

UPDATE:

my project changed a little

i'm just waiting on my new miller syncrowave to weld up everything to get it running.

new plans

--engine stuff
14b turbo
vortech fmu
custom dp (02 housing) and modified megan racing dp
3 inch magnaflow muffler
3 inch resonators
3 inch muffler
2 inch ic piping
prothane engine mounts
full engine rebuild and head goodies
msd ignition
2g intercooler
walbro hp 255 fuel pump
manual tranny swap
hks ssq bov
lots of extra stuff

--not engine stuff
kenwood headunit
volkswagen mkiv gauge pod
kenwood speakers

--and stuff i don't haven't picked up yet
snow performance water/alc injection
tein coils
asa ar1 rims

now for the pics------

manual swap done

rebuilt engine and new tranny in

new headunit and gauge cluster from mkiv jetta/golf. innovate air/fuel gauge not in yet

gauge housing made from old headunit

muffler. i'm really suprised how well it fits the eclipse's rear

reusing stock pistons for boost. thats what the water/alc injections is for

eclipse982nrRSTJan-18-07 04:03 PM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
#937, "RE: Introducing my Project"
In response to Reply # 4

thats a clean looking car and that garage kicks ass! is it heated?

good luck with your build, i will be intoducing my latest secret project in about 2 weeks

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

goalie40Jan-18-07 06:29 PM
Member since Sep 12th 2005
431 posts,
#938, "RE: Introducing my Project"
In response to Reply # 5

I very lucky im moving to a new house with a 2 car garage.
Most houses in Hawaii only have car ports. Been stuck with a car port for 2 1/2 years.

We will build you bigger and stronger

Wake up and drive my ass... More like wake up and fix it.

If the opposite of Pro is Con
then the opposite of Progress is Congress

kain_99gsJan-18-07 10:00 PM
Member since May 04th 2004
536 posts,
#939, "RE: Introducing my Project"
In response to Reply # 6
Jan-18-07 10:00 PM by kain_99gs

Stuck with a car-port. I WISH I had a car-port. lol

edit: Nice project, keep it coming.

http://talontimes.blogspot.com

99gs
95TSI

fastmaxxcooperJan-19-07 12:32 AM
75 posts,
#940, "RE: Introducing my Project"
In response to Reply # 7

thanks

it not heated unfortunately. but i wear a quilted monkey suit while i was pulling the engine apart. for the welding and assembly though i'm gonna be using an electric heater. luckily this year its been fairly warm.

TeamDR1665Jan-19-07 10:57 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#941, "RE: Introducing my Project"
In response to Reply # 8

Are you planning to try the 14b on the stock manifold idea or do you have an aftermarket manifold for that thing? Reason I ask is I saw you mention the E316G set up and, while that's really popular in the 4G63 community these days, that manifold isn't working on a 420A.

Also, keep an eye on those stock pistons. Even with really good tuning, the stockers might only be good for about a year on 10psi through the HRC S16G. You won't be able to just stick it at 10psi with that turbo and assume you're safe. You'll have to do some homework on this project.

Looks like you've got things under control, though. Good luck and keep us posted.

fastmaxxcooperJan-19-07 11:40 AM
75 posts,
#942, "RE: Introducing my Project"
In response to Reply # 9

Originally posted by DR1665
Are you planning to try the 14b on the stock manifold idea or do you have an aftermarket manifold for that thing? Reason I ask is I saw you mention the E316G set up and, while that's really popular in the 4G63 community these days, that manifold isn't working on a 420A. Also, keep an eye on those stock pistons. Even with really good tuning, the stockers might only be good for about a year on 10psi through the HRC S16G. You won't be able to just stick it at 10psi with that turbo and assume you're safe. You'll have to do some homework on this project. Looks like you've got things under control, though. Good luck and keep us posted.

my original plans was to use the 16g and go forged pistons/rods because i had a new 16g for another project. i was ready for a turbo set-up though so i sold it.

now i'm using the 14b turbo set-up. i'm hacking a stock 1g manifold, flipping and clocking the turbo and making a custom downpipe as well to make everything fit properly.

i'm going to be using this as a daily so it'll rarely see full boost. the innovate air/fuel standalone will help me keep tabs on the tuning and the snow performance water/alc injection will help keep things cool for more boost.

i just picked up my syncrowave tonight so this weekend i'll have some project pics so you can really see where i'm going with this project!!!

also i have a few other things i didn't mention like adjustable cam gear and intercooler sprayer for more tuning/cooling. i'm trying to build the engine so its reliable ore than powerful but i plan on being able to get a bit more power out of it whenever i want.

Top Team 2GNT Community Introductions topic #932 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Previous topic | Next topic