Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #103049
View in threaded mode

Subject: "My build" 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Previous topic | Next topic
98_talonMar-03-09 08:01 PM
Member since Mar 04th 2009
41 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#103049, "My build"
Mar-03-09 08:01 PM by 98_talon

heres my build

well heres the for this winter
1.remove engine and fix timing and clean it up a bit more
2.while engines out remove power steering,relocate battery,ECUand fuse box
3.shave everthing i dont need in the engine bay and clean it up sand and paint
4. make custom steering loop and breather so steering works as a manual steering rack and does not get water and dirt in there
5.once engine is reinstalled tuck wires and hope it runs again
6.some fiberglass work
7.remove airbags
8.install new steering wheel and quick release
9.relocate washer tank and coolent resvoir

well so far i got the engine hauled out the fuse box hauled out .ecu hauled out.The dash hauled out ,power steering removed and made the custom loop hose and breather, now just to find a spot to locate the fuse box around the dash and then lengthen every single wire that goes to it.then locate the ecu under the dash and lengthen every wire for that.
pictures are not in oreder this time next time they will be

marking every wire we had to cut so we would not make a mistake putting back togather

loop and breather just have the get a longer hose to go to the breather

well got a lil more done not much

well heres the progress so far, will start sanding the engine bay and welding up bolt holes and shaving everthing.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
SilvrEclipsMar-03-09 08:29 PM
Member since Nov 27th 2007
534 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#103050, "RE: My build"
In response to Reply # 0

looks good man, keep up the good work.

98 Eclipse GS Turbo
Built motor - MS2 - Holset hy35 - Zoom Stg 4 Clutch - 57.5mm TB - ARP Headstuds - Turbonetics wastegate - 3" Turbo back - FMIC - Greddy RZ BOV - Walbro 255 - 650cc Injectors - Fidanza Flywheel - Cobra calipers w/ 13" Rotors - Oil Cooler - DevilsOwn meth injection

1981 Chevy Scottsdale
1987 Nissan 300zx - Chump Car
2001 BMW 325i

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

scorpo86Mar-03-09 08:42 PM
Member since Nov 08th 2006
282 posts,
#103051, "RE: My build"
In response to Reply # 0

nice build, are you staying N/A or going turbo?

AdministratorCODE4Mar-03-09 08:42 PM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
#103052, "RE: My build"
In response to Reply # 0

Lot of effort and patience going into your work there, keep it up!

---

2012 2500HD LML

98_talonMar-03-09 08:49 PM
41 posts,
#103053, "RE: My build"
In response to Reply # 3

staying N\A

foggy45Mar-03-09 08:55 PM
Member since Dec 28th 2003
1032 posts,
#103054, "RE: My build"
In response to Reply # 3

looking nice there!

but your car is screaming "Drop me!"
grab some good springs and that will be niiiiice.

Best sum up of working on a 2GNT
DR1665- "#5. Spike that motherfucker on the garage floor and grab a beer. You deserve it."

Ahhhh Priceless . . .
eclipse982nrRST "its actually lightish red"
RoninEclipse2G "yeah, they already have a color for that... it's called PINK"

dalesmitsuMar-03-09 09:17 PM
Member since May 13th 2006
986 posts,
#103056, "RE: My build"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by foggy45
looking nice there! but your car is screaming "Drop me!" grab some good springs and that will be niiiiice.

+2 on the drop me

I was wondering what I could use my side posts for since I use my tops for starter/battery.

Looks good keep us posted on the build what are your plans by the way, built N/a or built and turbo

AdministratorCODE4Mar-03-09 09:31 PM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
#103057, "RE: My build"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by 98_talon
staying N\A

---

2012 2500HD LML

nrberndsenMar-03-09 09:59 PM
Member since Sep 13th 2006
36 posts,
#103058, "RE: My build"
In response to Reply # 6

looking good

98_talonMar-03-09 10:33 PM
41 posts,
#103059, "RE: My build"
In response to Reply # 8

yes a drop is on the way as for the motor not sure yet

98_talonMar-06-09 08:39 PM
41 posts,
#103092, "RE: My build"
In response to Reply # 9

well messed around with it a lil bit tonoght did some more wiring , removed the old remote start and all the wires for it ,removed master cylinders (clutch and breaks)starting sanding engine bay and made template for fire wall

i will be sanding and painting the master cylinders

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #103049 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Previous topic | Next topic