Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #103049
View in threaded mode

Subject: "My build" 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Previous topic | Next topic
98_talonMar-03-09 08:01 PM
Member since Mar 04th 2009
41 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#103049, "My build"
Mar-03-09 08:01 PM by 98_talon

heres my build

well heres the for this winter
1.remove engine and fix timing and clean it up a bit more
2.while engines out remove power steering,relocate battery,ECUand fuse box
3.shave everthing i dont need in the engine bay and clean it up sand and paint
4. make custom steering loop and breather so steering works as a manual steering rack and does not get water and dirt in there
5.once engine is reinstalled tuck wires and hope it runs again
6.some fiberglass work
7.remove airbags
8.install new steering wheel and quick release
9.relocate washer tank and coolent resvoir

well so far i got the engine hauled out the fuse box hauled out .ecu hauled out.The dash hauled out ,power steering removed and made the custom loop hose and breather, now just to find a spot to locate the fuse box around the dash and then lengthen every single wire that goes to it.then locate the ecu under the dash and lengthen every wire for that.
pictures are not in oreder this time next time they will be

marking every wire we had to cut so we would not make a mistake putting back togather

loop and breather just have the get a longer hose to go to the breather

well got a lil more done not much

well heres the progress so far, will start sanding the engine bay and welding up bolt holes and shaving everthing.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
djtrickeeApr-28-09 12:45 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#103395, "RE: My build"
In response to Reply # 50

Originally posted by dalesmitsu
Isnt Fiber flammable ?

OMG! Quit quoting threads with pics! Take the fucking picture tags out of your reply with quote if you have to reply with quotes. Every single time you do this!

.........................................................................................................................

Built. That's All...
.........................................................................................................................
www.monkeybuttpirate.com
2 Fingers of Scotch with a milk back... Stat!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

CyexmasterApr-29-09 09:04 AM
Member since Nov 27th 2007
324 posts,
#103396, "RE: My build"
In response to Reply # 51

wow, that's look really nice. wish I could hack mine up like that and start doing all the crazy things I have wanted to do...
My respects to you man, it take lots of hard work to do that and even more by yourself hope to se that finished soon.

I sugest make a mold od the engine bay covers, you could sell them! and also they might crack during hard driving or something and repairing it lots of times aint fun!

Status- Need to do break-in...

Try not to challenge me, I'd rather tie up than lose. Either way you NEVER WIN.... - Me..

98_talonMay-23-09 06:53 PM
Member since Mar 04th 2009
41 posts,
#103522, "RE: My build"
In response to Reply # 10

well summer is just about here and its allmost done

mind you the engine bay is very dirty in them pics

whtclipse98May-25-09 06:21 PM
Member since Mar 18th 2009
137 posts,
#103530, "RE: My build"
In response to Reply # 52

Ok I gotta ask cause it has been bugging me since I saw it. Why do you have a breather for your rack when you looped the line?

420agreenvilleSCMay-25-09 08:45 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
#103531, "RE: My build"
In response to Reply # 54

i wanna see more pics

http://www.2gnt.com/quote_db.php?id=278

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

eclipsers1987Jun-20-09 06:27 PM
Member since Oct 13th 2006
10 posts,
#103657, "RE: My build"
In response to Reply # 55

Wow!!! That looks like very tedious work, but looks really really good!

DSM-ZEROJun-28-09 08:08 AM
Member since Jul 01st 2003
62 posts,
#103703, "RE: My build"
In response to Reply # 56

very nice good job

661hp & 463tq Worlds highest hp 2gnt soon to be the fastest

User_22Jul-04-09 11:15 PM
Member since Jun 17th 2009
29 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#103732, "RE: My build"
In response to Reply # 57

Hella nice, love all the pics too.

eclipsers1987Jul-26-09 12:36 AM
Member since Oct 13th 2006
10 posts,
#103834, "RE: My build"
In response to Reply # 58

Thats good work. Thats the only kit I had ever thought about getting for mine. It looks so clean on a black car, but I stuck with 2gb.

TheRedBarrenSep-09-09 11:11 PM
Member since Oct 02nd 2007
61 posts,
#104014, "RE: My build"
In response to Reply # 0

Wow looks great brother! Cheers fellow 2gnt'er! Makes me what to start on mine but I wouldnt have a DD then lol. One question. What did you do to prep your transmission for paint? What did you use etc. What paint did you use? Reason I ask is I'm doing a SBC stage 1 clutch and wanna do the same thing! Your tranny is SHININ!

-RedBarren
1995 Eclipse RS

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #103049 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Previous topic | Next topic