Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #984
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Megasquirted my way up to 280 kPa (~26 PSI) - oh my!" 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Previous topic | Next topic
Teamdougie2Jul-14-05 04:40 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2982 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#984, "Megasquirted my way up to 280 kPa (~26 PSI) - oh my!"
Jun-19-05 04:38 PM by dougie2

That's right... I boosted it up to 26 PSI today (with a Super 20G) and everything went very well. The 300 kPa MAP sensor works perfect, the ignition was super strong (took it to 8500 RPMs), and the AFR was very stable and consistant using 72 lb. Siemens Deka injectors (tuned it for low 11's at high boost). I could tell the engine was making lots of torque because the tires kept breaking loose in 3rd AND 4th gear. Actually, it threw the alternator belt off!

Oh my - I'm extremely satisfied with the MegaSquirt and MSnS-Extra 024s9 firmware!

My next step is to get the Megasquirt controlling the Greddy Profec B's boost solenoid.

Doug

Xtreme Performance Services

Race Engines · Transmissions · Turbo Systems · EFI & Tuning · Fabrication · Welding
www.xtremefabrications.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Teamner947Jun-19-05 05:10 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3168 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#986, "RE: Megasquirted my way up to 280 kPa (~26 PSI) - oh my!"
In response to Reply # 0
Jun-19-05 05:13 PM by ner947

Nice. Does it still make power up at 8500? I haven't past 7500 yet with the stock cams. What kind of cams do you have?

Originally posted by dougie2
My next step is to get the Megasquirt controlling the Greddy Profec B's boost solenoid.

I've got an extra boost controller solenoid too that I've been thinking about hooking up. There are a growing number of success stories on MSEFI about some of the turbo brick guys using old Volvo valves and they are able to get stable boost pressure using the open loop code, but not the closed loop code yet.

If you are lucky, the resistance of the GReddy valve is greater than 15 ohms or so. In theory that way you will not need to add that much modification (like using the circuitry for LED18) to the MS board in order to drive it.

2016 WRX STi Limited (current)
2001 A4 1.8tqms (donated)
1991 GVR4 #1933 (sold)
old.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=218 (dismantled)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TeamXtremeRSJun-19-05 07:27 PM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
#988, "RE: Megasquirted my way up to 280 kPa (~26 PSI) - oh my!"
In response to Reply # 1

Sweet. How about posting an MSQ there, Doug

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

CarbonFiberRSTJun-20-05 05:15 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1368 posts,
#991, "RE: Megasquirted my way up to 280 kPa (~26 PSI) - oh my!"
In response to Reply # 0
Jun-20-05 05:17 PM by CarbonFiberRST

That's right... I boosted it up to 26 PSI today (with a Super 20G) and everything went very well. The 300 kPa MAP sensor works perfect, the ignition was super strong (took it to 8500 RPMs), and the AFR was very stable and consistant using 72 lb. Siemens Deka injectors (tuned it for low 11's at high boost). I could tell the engine was making lots of torque because the tires kept breaking loose in 3rd AND 4th gear. Actually, it threw the alternator belt off! Oh my - I'm extremely satisfied with the MegaSquirt and MSnS-Extra 024s9 firmware! My next step is to get the Megasquirt controlling the Greddy Profec B's boost solenoid.

are you still in TN? if you are, and I get all the shit together to run a MS (assuming I get the car back together...) would you be willing to help me out if i drove my ass up there?

EDIT: please PM me if you don't want your thread all whored up... sorry

Evo 8 - 12.3@113 circa 2009 (~330whp)
Now with BB Xona Rotor HTZ FP Red and ~450whp
2018 MSM Civic SI Ktuner TSP stage 1 w/ Honda hacked headunit.

Teamdougie2Jun-21-05 12:28 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2982 posts,
#996, "RE: Megasquirted my way up to 280 kPa (~26 PSI) - oh my!"
In response to Reply # 3
Jun-21-05 12:29 PM by dougie2

Originally posted by ner947
Nice. Does it still make power up at 8500? I haven't past 7500 yet with the stock cams. What kind of cams do you have?

I really need to get it on a dyno to find out for sure, but I can tell you that it seemed to pull just as hard at 8500 as it did at 5000. I'm using stock cams. I've tried the 14 grind, 16 grind, and stage 2 cams... all which I took out and replaced with the stockers. I'll keep the stockers as long as I have my current setup with the 20G. However, the car will soon be making a HUGE transition. In the works are a GT35R turbocharger, tubular stainless turbo header, TiAl WG, TiAl BOV, nitrous, BIG intake, more head work, intake manifold, and THEN a set of custom grind cams. I'm not sure of the timeframe yet, but I'm going to come up with a set of big lift race cams for us.

Originally posted by XtremeRS
Sweet. How about posting an MSQ there, Doug

I'm out of town in San Jose this week. I'll post my MSQ when I get back into town because it's on my other laptop. Ofcoarse, the tables are going to look funky and not match up because I'm using a Motorola 3-bar MAP sensor and the code MSnS-Extra code changes the bins.

Originally posted by CarbonFiberRST
are you still in TN? if you are, and I get all the shit together to run a MS (assuming I get the car back together...) would you be willing to help me out if i drove my ass up there? EDIT: please PM me if you don't want your thread all whored up... sorry

I'm all about helping people out, but there's a LOT going on right now (we have several first and second gens that we've been tweaking) and I'm getting married in less than 2 months. Also, installing an MS isn't an afternoon or weekend task. Where do you live? Maybe I can come out there and help out.

Doug

Xtreme Performance Services

Race Engines · Transmissions · Turbo Systems · EFI & Tuning · Fabrication · Welding
www.xtremefabrications.com

TeamDR1665Jun-21-05 01:24 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#997, "RE: Megasquirted my way up to 280 kPa (~26 PSI) - oh my!"
In response to Reply # 4

Fuck if this isn't an exciting thread!

CarbonFiberRSTJun-21-05 01:44 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1368 posts,
#998, "RE: Megasquirted my way up to 280 kPa (~26 PSI) - oh my!"
In response to Reply # 4
Jun-21-05 01:52 PM by CarbonFiberRST

I'm all about helping people out, but there's a LOT going on right now (we have several first and second gens that we've been tweaking) and I'm getting married in less than 2 months. Also, installing an MS isn't an afternoon or weekend task. Where do you live? Maybe I can come out there and help out.

Well It wouldn't be any time soon, hell maybe not even this year. But yea I live In lower alabama, 30 min from sitinlo... in Enterprise. Wouldn't expect you to drive that far (about 6-7 hour drive). We can talk about it later when its closer to actually happening. Thanks.

Oh, and about the cams. I was going to get the crower stage 2 turbo grinds. But you don't think they'd make anymore power for me? when the rebuild is done i'll still be running 42#ers with a SFMU and a s16g at about 15psi for a while untill i can learn enough about the MS. So I should just stick with stock? I've ordered some valve springs already in anticipation of getting the cams...

Evo 8 - 12.3@113 circa 2009 (~330whp)
Now with BB Xona Rotor HTZ FP Red and ~450whp
2018 MSM Civic SI Ktuner TSP stage 1 w/ Honda hacked headunit.

TeamXtremeRSJun-21-05 05:51 PM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
#999, "RE: Megasquirted my way up to 280 kPa (~26 PSI) - oh my!"
In response to Reply # 6

Doug, I suppose all I really need to know is your contants settings, and your idle fuel pressure..Maybe what idle PW and A/F ratio too. I am going to be ordering the same Accel injects you have, from Summit tomorrow..

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

WIDECLIPSEJun-23-05 06:14 AM
Member since Apr 14th 2004
1528 posts,
#1003, "RE: Megasquirted my way up to 280 kPa (~26 PSI) - oh my!"
In response to Reply # 4
Jun-23-05 06:15 AM by WIDECLIPSE

Ummmmm yea, you need to take me for a ride some time. And let me know when you sell that other stuff because I might could work something out with you. Oh, and if you ever need a garage or a lift with air tools, just let me know and you can work on your car out here at Rivergate Toyota.

-Roman

BRU_ceJun-23-05 05:39 PM
Member since Aug 25th 2003
1457 posts,
#1005, "RE: Megasquirted my way up to 280 kPa (~26 PSI) - oh my!"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by CarbonFiberRST
Originally posted by dougie2 I'm all about helping people out, but there's a LOT going on right now (we have several first and second gens that we've been tweaking) and I'm getting married in less than 2 months. Also, installing an MS isn't an afternoon or weekend task. Where do you live? Maybe I can come out there and help out.
Well It wouldn't be any time soon, hell maybe not even this year. But yea I live In lower alabama, 30 min from sitinlo... in Enterprise. Wouldn't expect you to drive that far (about 6-7 hour drive). We can talk about it later when its closer to actually happening. Thanks. Oh, and about the cams. I was going to get the crower stage 2 turbo grinds. But you don't think they'd make anymore power for me? when the rebuild is done i'll still be running 42#ers with a SFMU and a s16g at about 15psi for a while untill i can learn enough about the MS. So I should just stick with stock? I've ordered some valve springs already in anticipation of getting the cams...

Heh, maybe we can help each OTHER out.. I live in Tallahassee and we can meet up and try to figure out MS. I should have mine sometime within the next couple months.

Oh no! My sig died! I'll get another one.
Member and Co-Founder of FLDSM

rs-pssstJun-25-05 02:27 AM
Member since Nov 13th 2004
158 posts,
#1007, "RE: Megasquirted my way up to 280 kPa (~26 PSI) - oh my!"
In response to Reply # 0

What are you going to do about your alternator belt? Mine is recently doing the same thing. You don't want to boost off your belt every time you rev it out like that.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #984 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Previous topic | Next topic