Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #138246
View in threaded mode

Subject: "HELP!!!! New car wont start." 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic
01ssJan-04-14 11:35 AM
Member since Jan 03rd 2014
9 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#138246, "HELP!!!! New car wont start."

Hello everyone, I have a 95 Eagle talon ESi that I just recently got and it doesn't run. I was told head gasket was blown. But it shows no signs of a blown head gasket. It sounds like its not getting spark. It's supposed to have a new fuel pump in it, but I don't know if it does or not. But it just doesn't sound like it wants to fire. I've sprayed starting fluid in the throttle body and it didn't even pop...

Any suggestions?

Also are the coils from a 95 eagle talon and a 97 eagle talon different.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2
Bluehaze420arsJan-04-14 12:00 PM
Member since Oct 13th 2013
11 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#138247, "RE: HELP!!!! New car wont start."
In response to Reply # 0

All coils are the same on any 95-99 420a eclipse talon or avenger. And a leak down test will show if you have a bad head gasket. You need to check the oil and coolant for contamination. You need to check for power to the asd relay, coil, fuel pump and double check your ground wires. Check for power on the ecu. When you turn your key to on the check engine light should come on.

Jj

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

AdministratorCODE4Jan-04-14 04:31 PM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
#138248, "RE: HELP!!!! New car wont start."
In response to Reply # 1

The coils are different. 95-early 96 have round pin connectors and the later have flat pin.

---

2012 2500HD LML

01ssJan-05-14 03:27 PM
9 posts,
#138249, "RE: HELP!!!! New car wont start."
In response to Reply # 2

Yes I did find out the coils are different by going to the junk yard and picking a random coil off a random DSM with a 420a engine and it has a different plug on it than the one thats on my car. So it looks like I'm buying one off eBay. Kinda sucks at this guessing game but I don't know what else to do right now.

AdministratorCODE4Jan-05-14 03:28 PM
2552 posts,
#138250, "RE: HELP!!!! New car wont start."
In response to Reply # 3

It is not a guessing game. Do the legwork and diagnose it. Verify spark, fuel pressure, compression, and timing.

---

2012 2500HD LML

01ssJan-05-14 03:30 PM
9 posts,
#138251, "RE: HELP!!!! New car wont start."
In response to Reply # 4

It's got good compression, it's getting fuel, so the only thing I can think it's going to be is the coil.

AdministratorCODE4Jan-05-14 03:31 PM
2552 posts,
#138252, "RE: HELP!!!! New car wont start."
In response to Reply # 5

So.... All 4 cylinders have no spark? Only 2? Check the ASD relay on the firewall for operation?

---

2012 2500HD LML

01ssJan-05-14 04:03 PM
9 posts,
#138253, "RE: HELP!!!! New car wont start."
In response to Reply # 6

I'm not getting any spark at all on all 4 cylinders no spark.

Bluehaze420arsJan-06-14 11:46 AM
Member since Oct 13th 2013
11 posts,
#138254, "RE: HELP!!!! New car wont start."
In response to Reply # 7

All you have to do is cut the sensor on the harness and splice it together.

Jj

01ssJan-07-14 03:57 PM
9 posts,
#138255, "RE: HELP!!!! New car wont start."
In response to Reply # 8

Someone Broke into the talon last night and tried to steal it. Breaking the ignition switch all up and the steering wheel lock. Now I have no idea where to begin. I guess, I'm going to repair the ignition switch. and go from there?

01ssJan-08-14 11:03 PM
9 posts,
#138258, "RE: HELP!!!! New car wont start."
In response to Reply # 2

Well, I got ignition switch fixed today. I installed a new coil and it still wont start. I'm completely lost with this car. I'm starting to think it might have a blown head gasket, But it is not showing any signs of a blown head gasket, no antifreeze in the oil nothing like that. it does crank over slow. I'm just not so sure what to think. I believe I have fuel pressure, NOW I am not 100% sure about having fuel pressure but i believe it does I can hear the pump kick on. Any other suggestions.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #138246 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic