Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community Introductions topic #584
View in linear mode

Subject: "Hub and axle" Previous topic | Next topic
2old4-2gAug-18-08 02:48 PM
Member since Aug 17th 2008
6 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#584, "Hub and axle"

Helping son with engine rebuild. So got that out and he is working on left wheel bearings. Rust hub won’t come off with puller, seems to be a common problem on the list.

So I guess I can just pull the CV Boot and slide the axle out of the trans? No clips or bearings that are going to be a bitch when we put it back in. I have looked on this site but haven’t seen this described.

New to me I haven’t worked on a motor since 1975 and they didn’t put them in sideways. 99, 2gnt

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

barza21Aug-19-08 02:03 PM
Member since Oct 09th 2006
313 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#585, "RE: Hub and axle"
In response to Reply # 0

If you are not able to take the hub out, just disconnect everything else and take the whole thing out, that's how I did it on a neon, but a 2gnt might be different, in regards to the hub removal, the way I did it just use a bar to pop it out, it shouldn't be that difficult, and when you put it in it should just pop in and stay in place.

I wish I had blown it, believe me, I do...

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Top Team 2GNT Community Introductions topic #584 Previous topic | Next topic