Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #96550
View in linear mode

Subject: "How Did you Run Your Wiring?" Previous topic | Next topic
.bs0dJul-31-06 02:21 PM
Member since Jan 14th 2004
597 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#96550, "How Did you Run Your Wiring?"

Im anxious to see how everyone ran their wiring from the engine bay into the car, like for:

SAFC
Wideband O2
Gauges {
oil
boost
egt
fuel
}

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: How Did you Run Your Wiring?, eclipse982nrRST, Jul-31-06 02:37 PM, #1
RE: How Did you Run Your Wiring?, 97eclipse97, Jul-31-06 02:38 PM, #2
RE: How Did you Run Your Wiring?, wickedtalon, Aug-01-06 08:27 AM, #3
      RE: How Did you Run Your Wiring?, slowmitsu, Aug-01-06 09:19 AM, #4
           RE: How Did you Run Your Wiring?, azdave, Aug-01-06 11:24 AM, #5
                RE: How Did you Run Your Wiring?, boosted60trimrst, Aug-01-06 12:01 PM, #6
                     RE: How Did you Run Your Wiring?, .bs0d, Aug-01-06 01:15 PM, #7

eclipse982nrRSTJul-31-06 02:37 PM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#96552, "RE: How Did you Run Your Wiring?"
In response to Reply # 0

right through the firewall

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

97eclipse97Jul-31-06 02:38 PM
Member since Jul 29th 2003
695 posts,
#96553, "RE: How Did you Run Your Wiring?"
In response to Reply # 0
Jul-31-06 02:40 PM by 97eclipse97

I have no experience with an SAFC, so no help with that. As far as the wideband, that really depends on which one you get. For the most part, you will install the sensor in your exhaust, run that to the computer/chip/whatever calculates your air/fuel ratio/ and then there will be an output to a some kind of monitering device (like a gauge). You may also be able to log the output (I log mine via DSMLink).

As far as gauges, that depends on whether you have electronic or mechanical gauges. To start, after I installed all of my gauges, I ran a wire from a 12v signal from where the mirror adjusters are. I did this as now, they will only turn on (the light that is) when you at least turn the parking lights on. Now, obviously your boost gauge will be mechanical, so you just run a vacuum hose from a boost source to the back of the gauge. You would do the same for any other mechanical gauge. For electronic gauges, you install the sender in the engine bay, and then run a wire to the back of the gauge. You also need to run a wire from the gauge to the ignition wire so they only are on when the car is on. I hope this helps. If not, VFAQ has some pretty good instruction on how to wire them up and what not.

As far as actually running things into the car throught the firewall, I went through the top of the steering column boot.

'95 GSX - New motor/turbo going in...
'95 TSi AWD - For sale...buy me!
'03.5 MazdaSpeed Protege - Stock daily driver
'97 CBR 600 - Purple is a real man's color

wickedtalonAug-01-06 08:27 AM
Member since Jan 04th 2002
978 posts,
#96565, "RE: How Did you Run Your Wiring?"
In response to Reply # 2

I ran everything through the boot for the steering column.

// Jim // 95 Talon / 99 Eclipse (sold)

Cincinnati,OH

slowmitsuAug-01-06 09:19 AM
Member since May 26th 2005
343 posts,
#96566, "RE: How Did you Run Your Wiring?"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by wickedtalon
I ran everything through the boot for the steering column.

Same here. Straightened out coat hanger worked wonders.

_______

BPU'd skittle

azdaveAug-01-06 11:24 AM
Member since Nov 25th 2003
694 posts,
#96567, "RE: How Did you Run Your Wiring?"
In response to Reply # 4

I never do anything the easy way.

With future plans for MegaSquirt and who knows what else I made provisions for the future.

I drilled two holes behind the washer fluid bottle and used rubber hose as a chafe guard. I stuff the un-used area remaining in the tubes with foam rubber. As I add more wires I have room to grow. Be careful where you drill, the firewall is double wall with soundproofing in between the two surfaces.

boosted60trimrstAug-01-06 12:01 PM
Member since Sep 10th 2005
1183 posts,
#96568, "RE: How Did you Run Your Wiring?"
In response to Reply # 5

i ran my wideband through the grommet on the passenger side . all the other gauges i ran through the hole i made all the way to the drivers side . right under the asd relays .

LED tails : Done for now!
99 eclipse rst
cobalt blue met. paint,star stage 2 upgraded t3/t460trim turbo ceramic coated , polished compressor housing, ,optima yellow top, chrome i/c piping ,front mount ntercooler ,apexi turbo timer . zeitronix wb02 ,faze oil ,boost gauge,egt ,bosch 4x plugs,kyb agx struts, pro kit springs.17''adr venomous rims,Falken azenis ,brembo dilled/slotted rotors ,turbo xs bov ,oil catch can,manual shiftknob,autometer pyrometer egt , vortech sfmu,b&m fuel pressure gauge ,accel 310cc injectors ,gasketmatched and polished intake manifold ,58mm throttle body ,no egr,polished turbonetics wastegate,fuel pump rewire,homade fcd and a lot more .LED reverse lights ,sidemarkers and tails .atx to mtx swap . South bend tz clutch . Tons more
http://imageshack.us>

http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=boosted60trimrst
My contribution to the wiki
http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=crank%20arm%20spindle%20mod%20to%20fit%20power%20panels

.bs0dAug-01-06 01:15 PM
Member since Jan 14th 2004
597 posts,
#96571, "RE: How Did you Run Your Wiring?"
In response to Reply # 6

Hey thanks for the ideas and tips, guys

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #96550 Previous topic | Next topic