Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 6 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #91530
View in linear mode

Subject: "What do you guys think of this DIY turbo kit?" Previous topic | Next topic
ScreaminENov-20-05 06:40 PM
Donating 2GNT member
815 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#91530, "What do you guys think of this DIY turbo kit?"

Well let me first say I am not even considering this kit for myself. I just bought a 1g eclipse turbo so I am not even considering turbo'ing the talon.

This kit looks pretty good and the manifold is impressive looking. What do you guys think of the price/quaility?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DOHC-420A-ECLIPSE-non-turbo-T3-T4-TURBO-KIT_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33742QQitemZ8016413916QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: What do you guys think of this DIY turbo kit?, XMasta19, Nov-20-05 07:10 PM, #1
RE: What do you guys think of this DIY turbo kit?, powellds, Nov-20-05 08:56 PM, #2
      RE: What do you guys think of this DIY turbo kit?, XMasta19, Nov-20-05 09:24 PM, #3
           RE: What do you guys think of this DIY turbo kit?, lild14, Nov-21-05 04:35 AM, #4
                RE: What do you guys think of this DIY turbo kit?, BumpinTalon, Nov-21-05 05:24 AM, #5
RE: What do you guys think of this DIY turbo kit?, thedawg, Nov-21-05 05:44 AM, #6
RE: What do you guys think of this DIY turbo kit?, mcgyvr, Nov-21-05 06:17 AM, #7
RE: What do you guys think of this DIY turbo kit?, thedawg, Nov-21-05 06:44 AM, #8
      RE: What do you guys think of this DIY turbo kit?, Blizare, Nov-21-05 10:46 AM, #9
           RE: What do you guys think of this DIY turbo kit?, extreme97nt, Nov-21-05 11:34 AM, #10
                RE: What do you guys think of this DIY turbo kit?, selmerguy2003, Nov-21-05 03:38 PM, #11
                RE: What do you guys think of this DIY turbo kit?, powellds, Nov-21-05 04:25 PM, #12
                RE: What do you guys think of this DIY turbo kit?, dsmmyth, Nov-21-05 05:05 PM, #13
                     RE: What do you guys think of this DIY turbo kit?, GreenRicer, Nov-21-05 05:56 PM, #14
                     RE: What do you guys think of this DIY turbo kit?, XMasta19, Nov-21-05 06:16 PM, #15
                          RE: What do you guys think of this DIY turbo kit?, eclipse_99rs, Nov-22-05 10:28 AM, #16
                               RE: What do you guys think of this DIY turbo kit?, powellds, Nov-22-05 05:27 PM, #17
                               RE: What do you guys think of this DIY turbo kit?, 95EagleTalonESi, Nov-22-05 06:44 PM, #18
                               RE: What do you guys think of this DIY turbo kit?, XMasta19, Nov-22-05 07:08 PM, #19
                                    RE: What do you guys think of this DIY turbo kit?, RoughRider01, Nov-22-05 07:12 PM, #20
                                         RE: What do you guys think of this DIY turbo kit?, dsmmyth, Nov-23-05 02:25 PM, #21
                                              RE: What do you guys think of this DIY turbo kit?, PowerEclipses, Nov-23-05 08:34 PM, #22
                                                   RE: What do you guys think of this DIY turbo kit?, XMasta19, Nov-23-05 10:22 PM, #23
                                                        RE: What do you guys think of this DIY turbo kit?, RoughRider01, Nov-24-05 08:20 AM, #24
                                                             RE: What do you guys think of this DIY turbo kit?, XMasta19, Nov-24-05 09:23 AM, #25
RE: What do you guys think of this DIY turbo kit?, DSMcrazy3, Dec-05-05 11:22 PM, #26
      RE: What do you guys think of this DIY turbo kit?, RoughRider01, Dec-06-05 07:59 AM, #27
           RE: What do you guys think of this DIY turbo kit?, ScreaminE, Dec-06-05 08:16 AM, #28
                RE: What do you guys think of this DIY turbo kit?, RoughRider01, Dec-06-05 10:26 AM, #29
                     RE: What do you guys think of this DIY turbo kit?, XMasta19, Dec-06-05 09:55 PM, #30
                          RE: What do you guys think of this DIY turbo kit?, ScreaminE, Dec-07-05 04:13 AM, #31
                               RE: What do you guys think of this DIY turbo kit?, RoughRider01, Dec-07-05 05:08 AM, #32
                                    RE: What do you guys think of this DIY turbo kit?, XMasta19, Dec-07-05 06:04 PM, #33
                                         RE: What do you guys think of this DIY turbo kit?, T_K, Dec-29-05 09:59 AM, #34
                                              RE: DIY turbokit, Talon96, Dec-30-05 12:39 AM, #35
                                                   RE: DIY turbokit, XMasta19, Dec-30-05 01:00 AM, #36
                                                        RE: DIY turbokit, RoughRider01, Dec-30-05 08:13 AM, #37
                                                             RE: DIY turbokit, XMasta19, Dec-30-05 06:37 PM, #38
                                                                  RE: DIY turbokit, RoughRider01, Dec-30-05 08:39 PM, #39
                                                                       RE: DIY turbokit, rs_smoked_you, Dec-31-05 12:01 PM, #40
                                                                            RE: DIY turbokit, ScreaminE, Dec-31-05 12:26 PM, #41
                                                                                 RE: DIY turbokit, XMasta19, Dec-31-05 01:42 PM, #42
                                                                                      RE: DIY turbokit, rs_smoked_you, Jan-01-06 08:45 AM, #43
                                                                                           RE: DIY turbokit, rs_smoked_you, Jan-01-06 12:32 PM, #44
                                                                                                RE: DIY turbokit, RoughRider01, Jan-01-06 01:47 PM, #45
                                                                                                RE: DIY turbokit, RoughRider01, Jan-01-06 02:38 PM, #46
                                                                                                     RE: DIY turbokit, rs_smoked_you, Jan-02-06 07:26 AM, #47
                                                                                                          RE: DIY turbokit, rs_smoked_you, Jan-05-06 10:32 AM, #48
                                                                                                               RE: DIY turbokit, RoughRider01, Jan-05-06 07:49 PM, #49
                                                                                                                    RE: DIY turbokit, XMasta19, Jan-05-06 09:13 PM, #50
                                                                                                                         RE: DIY turbokit, rs_smoked_you, Jan-06-06 08:40 AM, #51
                                                                                                                              RE: DIY turbokit, RoughRider01, Jan-07-06 09:37 AM, #52
                                                                                                                                   RE: DIY turbokit, rs_smoked_you, Jan-07-06 09:45 AM, #53
                                                                                                                                        RE: DIY turbokit, randomrage, Jan-16-06 10:49 AM, #54
                                                                                                                                             RE: DIY turbokit, Keith2172, Jan-17-06 01:58 PM, #55
                                                                                                                                             RE: DIY turbokit, rs_smoked_you, Jan-17-06 07:01 PM, #56
                                                                                                                                             RE: DIY turbokit, Keith2172, Jan-18-06 07:09 AM, #57
                                                                                                                                             RE: DIY turbokit, forced95, Jan-23-06 08:01 AM, #58
                                                                                                                                             RE: DIY turbokit, rs_smoked_you, Jan-23-06 09:50 AM, #59

XMasta19Nov-20-05 07:10 PM
Donating 2GNT member
650 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#91533, "RE: What do you guys think of this DIY turbo kit?"
In response to Reply # 0

I got my turbo, manifold, downpipe, fmu, bov, oil lines, and other misc parts from him

-Xavier-
95 Eclipse RS-T...lost in the frozen tundra

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

powelldsNov-20-05 08:56 PM
Member since Jul 06th 2003
916 posts,
#91535, "RE: What do you guys think of this DIY turbo kit?"
In response to Reply # 1

I would definately say put your own kit together. That's what I did, if I would have bought a kit, I would have spent the same amount of money on parts that aren't so good. I don't know about getting a kit like that though, I think you could do better, but that's just my opinion. I think for that price, it could have better parts. Look around and start figuring out exactly what you would want and exactly how much you want to spend. If that kit fits the price and what you want, surely get it then, but if you want other parts, go your own route. Either way, you will love boost, I am almost there myself. If you want a list of the parts I used for my setup, I can send it to you.
~Jeffo

Top end: Ported and polished head, REV stainless Valves, Crower stage 2 cams, Crower valve springs and titanium retainers, SBI rockers and lashers, Fidanza Cam gears, ARP Headstuds.
Bottom end: JE 8.8:1 pistons, Eagle H-beam rods, Balance rotating assembly, Clevitte Rod and Main bearings, Melling oil pump, Crank scraper, carter water pump.
Ignition: MSD Coil, MSD wires, NGK iridium spark plugs.
Bolt ons: MP 60mm throttle body, ported and polished intake manifold gasket matched, Magnaflow catback, high flow cat, Unorthodox UDP, Ground wire kit.
Suspension: Eibach Ground control coilovers, KYB AGX gas adjustable struts, Strut tower bars.
Drivetrain: SPEC stage 4 clutch
Body/Interior: VIS Evo carbon fiber hood, stock red body, stock black 16" rims. Ractive carbon shift boot and ebrake boot, Ractive carbon blue gauges (boost, oil press., volts, and cluster, blue underseat lights.
Installing at the moment: Garrett t3/t04e stage 2 water cooled turbo, RC 440cc injectors, Vortech SFMU, HKS SSQV BOV, Star FMIC and piping, Star manifold, 3" Downpipe, Tial 38mm WG, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Missing link.

XMasta19Nov-20-05 09:24 PM
Donating 2GNT member
650 posts,
#91536, "RE: What do you guys think of this DIY turbo kit?"
In response to Reply # 2

send me your list... XMasta19@hotmail.com

-Xavier-

lild14Nov-21-05 04:35 AM
Donating 2GNT member
343 posts,
#91540, "RE: What do you guys think of this DIY turbo kit?"
In response to Reply # 3

can you please send a list to me too thanks dani@rioplexwireless.com

=Dan=

98rs eclipse- Mods: BC2, C/F hood, custom turbo system consisting of a PTE SC50, turbosmart ultra gate (10psi), star FMIC and pipes, SFMU, HKS SSQV, 3" V-BAND downpipe from ATP, Zeitronix Wideband LCD displaying boost, egt and 02. *** SOLD and will be missed***

2006 gsxr 750- jardine gp1 exhaust, -1,+2 stealth sprockets, DID 525 chain, JD products pro TRE. 0-60 in a sneeze. ran a 10.8 avg 1/4 mile my first time to the track on street tires, stock swingarm and unstrapped.

BumpinTalonNov-21-05 05:24 AM
Member since Mar 23rd 2004
2381 posts,
#91542, "RE: What do you guys think of this DIY turbo kit?"
In response to Reply # 4

wow, all stainless
That looks really good actually

1995 Eagle Talon ESi

thedawgNov-21-05 05:44 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6287 posts,
#91543, "RE: What do you guys think of this DIY turbo kit?"
In response to Reply # 0
Nov-21-05 06:22 AM by thedawg

The manifold looks really nice, especially with the no-crack guarantee.
The copper gaskets look good too, we haven't had a source for those since TTI went out of business.

Problems:
1) It's a no-crack guarantee, not a no-warp guarantee.

2) "Garrett T3 Super 60 turbo" - Not sure the turbo pictured is a real Super 60... this is the closest match I could find:
http://store.yahoo.com/turbo-store/gart3sup.html

3) That is not a real Greddy Type-S BOV. http://tinyurl.com/cnpav

mcgyvrNov-21-05 06:17 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3121 posts,
#91544, "RE: What do you guys think of this DIY turbo kit?"
In response to Reply # 6

isn't that the same company that was selling those cheap superglued turbos from china?

1998 dodge avenger 4 cyl AT
Mods are:
Not enough

thedawgNov-21-05 06:44 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6287 posts,
#91545, "RE: What do you guys think of this DIY turbo kit?"
In response to Reply # 7

No, that was SSautochrome.
http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=80807&mesg_id=80807&listing_type=search

BlizareNov-21-05 10:46 AM
Donating 2GNT member
7595 posts,
#91550, "RE: What do you guys think of this DIY turbo kit?"
In response to Reply # 8

I like that manifold.

alot.

I think I want it

and a T3.

I eat emo kids for breakfast

1995 Eagle Talon (SOLD)
72' SuperBeetle
72' Standard Beetle
56' Deluxe Beetle

extreme97ntNov-21-05 11:34 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1649 posts,
#91551, "RE: What do you guys think of this DIY turbo kit?"
In response to Reply # 9

Manifold looks nice but the welds look a little hot and will probably rust around the welds.

www.cnnmotorsports.com

selmerguy2003Nov-21-05 03:38 PM
Member since Nov 04th 2005
288 posts,
#91555, "RE: What do you guys think of this DIY turbo kit?"
In response to Reply # 10

the guy that makes that kit is mike hart. i got a mani and downpipe from him and they all rock. i did crack the mani but i did not (and still dont have a flex section). the mani i got from him has a external wastegate. he is a good guy and makes good stuff. also if you just want to buy pieces from him you can.(don't like the turbo don't get it) i put togeather my whole kit with a fmic for that price though. good luck dude.

powelldsNov-21-05 04:25 PM
916 posts,
#91556, "RE: What do you guys think of this DIY turbo kit?"
In response to Reply # 11

I want to get this manifold if I can't get the star one from a member here. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/420A-Eclipse-GS-T3-T4-stainless-turbo-manifold-non-turb_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33742QQitemZ7996957817QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V
It doesn't look too bad if you coated it.
~Jeffo

Top end: Ported and polished head, REV stainless Valves, Crower stage 2 cams, Crower valve springs and titanium retainers, SBI rockers and lashers, Fidanza Cam gears, ARP Headstuds.
Bottom end: JE 8.8:1 pistons, Eagle H-beam rods, Balance rotating assembly, Clevitte Rod and Main bearings, Melling oil pump, Crank scraper, carter water pump.
Bolt ons: MP 60mm throttle body, ported and polished intake manifold gasket matched, Magnaflow catback, high flow cat, Unorthodox UDP, Ground wire kit.
Suspension: Eibach Ground control coilovers, KYB AGX gas adjustable struts, Strut tower bars.
Body/Interior: VIS Evo carbon fiber hood, stock red body, stock black 16" rims. Ractive carbon shift boot and ebrake boot, Ractive carbon blue gauges (boost, oil press., volts, and cluster, blue underseat lights.
Installing at the moment: Garrett t3/t04e stage 2 water cooled turbo, RC 440cc injectors, Aeromotive 1:1 FPR, Greddy Type RS BOV, Star FMIC and piping, Star manifold, 3" Downpipe, Tial 38mm WG, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Missing link.

dsmmythNov-21-05 05:05 PM
Member since Aug 24th 2004
1178 posts,
#91557, "RE: What do you guys think of this DIY turbo kit?"
In response to Reply # 10

I've always been a fan of that turbo kit. Back in the day when I was going to boost my car, I thought these kits looked the best. But, they were 1000 shipped back in the day. They've gotten more popular seeing as they raised the price.

1998 Eclipse GS

GS-T Axleback|CAI|OBX 4-1 Header|AF/X UDP|

Originally posted by Kaoz78
Did you happen to look at the post date of this topic? I didn't think so there Jesus. Way to raise Lazarus, buddy.

GreenRicerNov-21-05 05:56 PM
Member since Jun 18th 2004
240 posts,
#91558, "RE: What do you guys think of this DIY turbo kit?"
In response to Reply # 13

Hey powell, I'd like to see your list too if you dont mind rabrownmk@aol.com TIA!

95 GS-turbo: SOLD
92 Laser AWD- has a lot done, needs a lot more...
88 Suzuki Samurai- Daily beater/mudder

XMasta19Nov-21-05 06:16 PM
Donating 2GNT member
650 posts,
#91560, "RE: What do you guys think of this DIY turbo kit?"
In response to Reply # 13
Nov-21-05 06:19 PM by XMasta19

I have the manifold, internally wastegated setup. I have the Garrett T3 Super 60 trim he offers as well. Oh yeah, downpipe and midpipe with flex section...etc, etc, etc Yes, he has his own version knockoff bov's...as you can see I'm running the SSQV, and it's great!

-Xavier-

eclipse_99rsNov-22-05 10:28 AM
Member since Apr 11th 2002
2659 posts,
#91568, "RE: What do you guys think of this DIY turbo kit?"
In response to Reply # 15

Originally posted by XMasta19
I have the manifold, internally wastegated setup. I have the Garrett T3 Super 60 trim he offers as well. Oh yeah, downpipe and midpipe with flex section...etc, etc, etc Yes, he has his own version knockoff bov's...as you can see I'm running the SSQV, and it's great!

Is it a real garrett t3 ??

myspace.com/coastiecobb

powelldsNov-22-05 05:27 PM
916 posts,
#91577, "RE: What do you guys think of this DIY turbo kit?"
In response to Reply # 16

Turbo: Garret t3/t04e turbo water cooled with 360* thrust bearing
Oil feedline: 3ft -4an ss autometer with 4an male to 1/4npt female and 4an male to 1/4 male fitting
Oil return: 3ft Summit racing -10an ss line with -10an end fitting and -10an 60 degree hose end. 2 project Zum -10an Oil flanges for oil pan and turbo.
Intercooler and piping: Star Performace FMIC with piping from 2gnt member.
Downpipe: Custom made with 13 flange off of Ebay.
Wastegate: Tial 38mm wastegate
BOV: Greddy type RS
Fuel: RC 440cc injectors, Aeromotive 1:1 FPR with Missing link, Walbro 255 pump, and all SS fuel lines from rail test port to FPR and back to the tank.
Tuning: Greddy emanage w/support tool, pressure sensor, and injector harness. Zeitronix WbO2 sensor and EGT gauge.
Gauges: Ractive Boost gauge, inline fuel pressure gauge.

I don't have everything installed yet because of time, but that's about it, if I didn't forget anything.

~Jeffo

Installing at the moment: Garrett t3/t04e stage 2 water cooled turbo, RC 440cc injectors, Aeromotive 1:1 FPR, Greddy Type RS BOV, Star FMIC and piping, Star manifold, 3" Downpipe, Tial 38mm WG, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Missing link.

95EagleTalonESiNov-22-05 06:44 PM
Member since Mar 07th 2005
65 posts,
#91578, "RE: What do you guys think of this DIY turbo kit?"
In response to Reply # 17

Wow thanks for posting this up, I'll be buying this kit from him in late December/early January.

XMasta19Nov-22-05 07:08 PM
Donating 2GNT member
650 posts,
#91579, "RE: What do you guys think of this DIY turbo kit?"
In response to Reply # 16

Originally posted by eclipse_99rs
Originally posted by XMasta19 I have the manifold, internally wastegated setup. I have the Garrett T3 Super 60 trim he offers as well. Oh yeah, downpipe and midpipe with flex section...etc, etc, etc Yes, he has his own version knockoff bov's...as you can see I'm running the SSQV, and it's great!
Is it a real garrett t3 ??

yup, full Garrett T3, .48a/r turbine, .60 compressor

-Xavier-

RoughRider01Nov-22-05 07:12 PM
Member since Nov 15th 2005
62 posts,
#91580, "RE: What do you guys think of this DIY turbo kit?"
In response to Reply # 19

Isnt this a pretty big turbo for a 2 liter, a bit overkill (for someone with stock internals)???

What does each individual peice cost?
turbo
downpipe
bov
downpipe
oil lines

dsmmythNov-23-05 02:25 PM
Member since Aug 24th 2004
1178 posts,
#91593, "RE: What do you guys think of this DIY turbo kit?"
In response to Reply # 20

Originally posted by RoughRider01
What does each individual peice cost? turbo downpipe bov downpipe oil lines

Like anyone will tell you, it varies from place to place. You also can't just buy a downpipe hoping it will mate to the manifold.

There's a great writeup on dsmtuners.com in the Tech Article section by GSGoinFast. But, the site's down at the moment.

1998 Eclipse GS

GS-T Axleback|CAI|OBX 4-1 Header|AF/X UDP|

Originally posted by Kaoz78
Did you happen to look at the post date of this topic? I didn't think so there Jesus. Way to raise Lazarus, buddy.

PowerEclipsesNov-23-05 08:34 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3215 posts,
#91596, "RE: What do you guys think of this DIY turbo kit?"
In response to Reply # 21
Nov-23-05 08:35 PM by PowerEclipses

.48 is small anyways... look at people using the GT35R which none of you pussies is running

Boca Raton, Florida
95 Eclipse GS- sold
99 Eclipse GSX- 386awhp
98 Eclipse GS- sold
92 Prelude

XMasta19Nov-23-05 10:22 PM
Donating 2GNT member
650 posts,
#91597, "RE: What do you guys think of this DIY turbo kit?"
In response to Reply # 22

yeah, it's got the super 60 trim compressor wheel, but like noted above only has the .48a/r turbine. so it's by no means a big turbo, but it most definitely does the job

it is a very good kit overall, I was very pleased. also nice that you get the turbo, manifold, and downpipe in one place so you're not looking all over here and there. mike is a very good guy, and I email back and forth with him every few days.

if you run stock injectors... you may want to do the wastegate mod in gsgoinfast's tech article because that baby holds 10 pounds dead on, and umm the motor didn't like it

good luck...DO IT

-Xavier-

RoughRider01Nov-24-05 08:20 AM
62 posts,
#91607, "RE: What do you guys think of this DIY turbo kit?"
In response to Reply # 23

yeah, it's got the super 60 trim compressor wheel, but like noted above only has the .48a/r turbine. so it's by no means a big turbo, but it most definitely does the job it is a very good kit overall, I was very pleased. also nice that you get the turbo, manifold, and downpipe in one place so you're not looking all over here and there. mike is a very good guy, and I email back and forth with him every few days. if you run stock injectors... you may want to do the wastegate mod in gsgoinfast's tech article because that baby holds 10 pounds dead on, and umm the motor didn't like it good luck...DO IT

Goood to know.. where did you get your intercooler stuff from?

XMasta19Nov-24-05 09:23 AM
Donating 2GNT member
650 posts,
#91608, "RE: What do you guys think of this DIY turbo kit?"
In response to Reply # 24

Originally posted by XMasta19 yeah, it's got the super 60 trim compressor wheel, but like noted above only has the .48a/r turbine. so it's by no means a big turbo, but it most definitely does the job it is a very good kit overall, I was very pleased. also nice that you get the turbo, manifold, and downpipe in one place so you're not looking all over here and there. mike is a very good guy, and I email back and forth with him every few days. if you run stock injectors... you may want to do the wastegate mod in gsgoinfast's tech article because that baby holds 10 pounds dead on, and umm the motor didn't like it good luck...DO IT
Goood to know.. where did you get your intercooler stuff from?

http://www.johnnyracecar.com/

bought bunch of aluminized piping 90's and cut it up as needed.
got bov flange welded on 2.5" pipe

anywho...let me know if you have any other questions or what not

-Xavier-

DSMcrazy3Dec-05-05 11:22 PM
Member since Feb 16th 2005
86 posts,
#91846, "RE: What do you guys think of this DIY turbo kit?"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by thedawg
The manifold looks really nice, especially with the no-crack guarantee. The copper gaskets look good too, we haven't had a source for those since TTI went out of business. Problems: 1) It's a no-crack guarantee, not a no-warp guarantee. 2) "Garrett T3 Super 60 turbo" - Not sure the turbo pictured is a real Super 60... this is the closest match I could find: http://store.yahoo.com/turbo-store/gart3sup.html 3) That is not a real Greddy Type-S BOV. http://tinyurl.com/cnpav

I agree with the BOV comment. The true Greddy will have the name along that flat run of metal on the base, above the flange.

The turbo looks to be exactly the same though, in the Ebay add, and the Yahoo pic. I believe it a super 60. We need a compressor shot though of the one off of yahoo to see if the housing has the area for a flange for the intake.

-----------------------------
95 Eclipse RS-T
Custom T3 60 Trim turbo kit.

-Josh

RoughRider01Dec-06-05 07:59 AM
62 posts,
#91859, "RE: What do you guys think of this DIY turbo kit?"
In response to Reply # 26

I just ordered this kit this morning. Ill get some pics when i get it. I offered him 1200 and he took it.

ScreaminEDec-06-05 08:16 AM
Donating 2GNT member
815 posts,
#91860, "RE: What do you guys think of this DIY turbo kit?"
In response to Reply # 27

I just ordered this kit this morning. Ill get some pics when i get it. I offered him 1200 and he took it.

Good to hear. Just take your time and put the time and money to make this a good kit. Go ahead and get a FMIC and megasquirt for a good fuel setup. Good luck.

RoughRider01Dec-06-05 10:26 AM
62 posts,
#91863, "RE: What do you guys think of this DIY turbo kit?"
In response to Reply # 28
Dec-06-05 10:28 AM by RoughRider01

Originally posted by ScreaminE
Originally posted by RoughRider01 I just ordered this kit this morning. Ill get some pics when i get it. I offered him 1200 and he took it.
Good to hear. Just take your time and put the time and money to make this a good kit. Go ahead and get a FMIC and megasquirt for a good fuel setup. Good luck.

Ill be using a vortech sfmu and I got 4-5 months til the snow melts, so im in no rush.. i know ill run into a few snags here and there.

Also got an email from the guy that i got the turbo kit from. He will be selling intercooler kits starting tonight on ebay for our 2gnt cars.. kinda pricey @ $650, i sent him an email back to ask if he would cut me a deal since i bought the turbo kit from him.. we'll see.. heres a link to the intercooler

http://www.thestreetsource.net/ebay/Eclipse-Int-kit-1.htm

XMasta19Dec-06-05 09:55 PM
Donating 2GNT member
650 posts,
#91879, "RE: What do you guys think of this DIY turbo kit?"
In response to Reply # 29

awesome, he finally got the fmic kit made...was talking with him about it back when I got my turbo etc from him. Mike is a good guy, if you have any problems or questions bout your stuff, just shoot him an email and he'll get it all worked out. Enjoy...I hope to be doing so with mine again soon

-Xavier-

ScreaminEDec-07-05 04:13 AM
Donating 2GNT member
815 posts,
#91881, "RE: What do you guys think of this DIY turbo kit?"
In response to Reply # 30

650 really isnt gawd aweful for a FMIC setup compared to star or hahn's FMIC setup. Although I'm sure the specs for hahn's FMIC is way more efficient than the FMIC he is using in this kit.

The only thing with paying that much is that I can get a bigger intercooler off ebay for around 200 and fab my own IC piping for less than 100.

RoughRider01Dec-07-05 05:08 AM
62 posts,
#91882, "RE: What do you guys think of this DIY turbo kit?"
In response to Reply # 31

650 really isnt gawd aweful for a FMIC setup compared to star or hahn's FMIC setup. Although I'm sure the specs for hahn's FMIC is way more efficient than the FMIC he is using in this kit. The only thing with paying that much is that I can get a bigger intercooler off ebay for around 200 and fab my own IC piping for less than 100.

I was planning on getting the johnnyracer $185 shipped intercooler with the $160(shipped) intercooler piping kit on ebay. But then I would still need to buy the bov flange, silicone elbows, pay to weld some of the piping and flange on, mounts for the intercooler,etc.

XMasta19Dec-07-05 06:04 PM
Donating 2GNT member
650 posts,
#91890, "RE: What do you guys think of this DIY turbo kit?"
In response to Reply # 32

650 really isnt gawd aweful for a FMIC setup compared to star or hahn's FMIC setup. Although I'm sure the specs for hahn's FMIC is way more efficient than the FMIC he is using in this kit. The only thing with paying that much is that I can get a bigger intercooler off ebay for around 200 and fab my own IC piping for less than 100.
I was planning on getting the johnnyracer $185 shipped intercooler with the $160(shipped) intercooler piping kit on ebay. But then I would still need to buy the bov flange, silicone elbows, pay to weld some of the piping and flange on, mounts for the intercooler,etc.
I've got the "Johnny Race Car" 8" intercooler and it's great, then got an ebay piping kit w/couplers&clamps. I got a 2.5" section of pipe with the bov flange from Mike for the ssqv that I got from him as well.

Mike Hart
The kit has been a long time coming trying to get the price reasonable.
That's what he just said in an email I received from him today...he seems to still be trying to work out the price for the fmic kits. anyways...do you see brand new hahn or star kits you can "buy it now" on ebay Seems like it should be pretty good, I'm kinda curious how it would have been on my car.

-Xavier-

T_KDec-29-05 09:59 AM
Member since Nov 03rd 2005
219 posts,
#92407, "RE: What do you guys think of this DIY turbo kit?"
In response to Reply # 33

Do you know if that guy would manufacture a custom manifold with a different flange upon request?

1993 Eagle Talon TSI AWD: balance shafts, cruise & AC removed; 16psi, Dejon intake & UICP, ported 14b, EVOIII mani, ported 2G O2 housing, 2.5" Buschur dp to 3" Thermal exhaust, datalogger, front strut brace, prothane motor mounts

1995 Eclipse RS U-Boot; Tokico Illuminas, GSX front brakes, ST front swaybar, short shifter, CAI with K&N filter, rear disks and swaybar, front upper and rear lower strut braces, beater exterior

Talon96Dec-30-05 12:39 AM
Member since Jul 04th 2005
39 posts,
#92434, "RE: DIY turbokit"
In response to Reply # 34

hey, would a T25 be a direct fit on that kit? i can get me a T25 for 50 bucks from my friend and i dont plan on boosting over 8 lbs on stock internals, intercooled of course.

It's not the best just because I drive it, I drive it because it's the best.

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=18398089&imageID=128623343&Mytoken=20050706205506

XMasta19Dec-30-05 01:00 AM
Donating 2GNT member
650 posts,
#92435, "RE: DIY turbokit"
In response to Reply # 35

Manifold I have is T3 flanged, but I'm sure if you asked he should be able to have a manifold made with a different flange on it. The T25 will not bolt onto the T3 manifold, but like I said he could possibly get your flange welded on.

He's a good guy

-Xavier-

RoughRider01Dec-30-05 08:13 AM
62 posts,
#92451, "RE: DIY turbokit"
In response to Reply # 36

Manifold I have is T3 flanged, but I'm sure if you asked he should be able to have a manifold made with a different flange on it. The T25 will not bolt onto the T3 manifold, but like I said he could possibly get your flange welded on. He's a good guy

Did you have to clock your turbo? I see that your compressor outlet is pointing down, mine is facing straight up and im worrried when i run my IC piping the 90 degree elbow will hit the hood.

XMasta19Dec-30-05 06:37 PM
Donating 2GNT member
650 posts,
#92455, "RE: DIY turbokit"
In response to Reply # 37

...for some reason, I've noticed I'm one of the few guys running an internally wastegated turbo that's clocked down. It's definitely difficult with the fan right there and the actuator right in front of it almost, but I just consider that much sexier and easier to run way less ic piping
To answer your question though...no you don't have to clock the turbo, it will work facing up like lots of other guys have it done. If it's of any concern to you...my car doesn't have a/c, and is only running one fan.

-Xavier-

RoughRider01Dec-30-05 08:39 PM
62 posts,
#92458, "RE: DIY turbokit"
In response to Reply # 38
Dec-30-05 08:41 PM by RoughRider01

...for some reason, I've noticed I'm one of the few guys running an internally wastegated turbo that's clocked down. It's definitely difficult with the fan right there and the actuator right in front of it almost, but I just consider that much sexier and easier to run way less ic piping To answer your question though...no you don't have to clock the turbo, it will work facing up like lots of other guys have it done. If it's of any concern to you...my car doesn't have a/c, and is only running one fan.

I clocked it earlier so its flat like most other people run it. I noticed when i put it on facing straight up (how it came), the wastegate actuator hose was rubbing on one of the fan shrouds (or whatever you call it). It was actually a little cut up from puting the turbo on even, given that, i dont see it being in a good spot, clocked 90 degrees (flat) it doesnt rub on it. Well, I ordered and am waiting on the fmic kit from him, should be here anyday so we'll see how everything lines up and how i need to clock it.

rs_smoked_youDec-31-05 12:01 PM
Member since Nov 14th 2005
201 posts,
#92479, "RE: DIY turbokit"
In response to Reply # 39

xmasta you said that turbo sticks at 10 psi so would i be ok to run on a stock motor or what if i get new injectors if nor i read gsgoinfasts write up and dont completely understand the wastegate mod can anyone explane it better and is it reliable? thanks

ScreaminEDec-31-05 12:26 PM
Donating 2GNT member
815 posts,
#92481, "RE: DIY turbokit"
In response to Reply # 40

Originally posted by rs_smoked_you
xmasta you said that turbo sticks at 10 psi so would i be ok to run on a stock motor or what if i get new injectors if nor i read gsgoinfasts write up and dont completely understand the wastegate mod can anyone explane it better and is it reliable? thanks

For starters, how hard is it for you to use puncuation? Do you realize talking in one big run on sentance makes you look like and idiot and no one wants to take you seriously.

SEARCH! What you are asking has been covered thousands of times in the past.

XMasta19Dec-31-05 01:42 PM
Donating 2GNT member
650 posts,
#92482, "RE: DIY turbokit"
In response to Reply # 41

Yeah, I noticed the wg was holding 10 pounds steady when I blew up back in august...but I had the actuator arm pretty damn tight, so I'm sure the boost could be lowered some w/o needing to do the mod. I myself have been considering the wastegate mod as well and using an mbc to raise the boost to where I want it. Your stock injectors will do you good upwards of 8psi. The mod basically uses a spring on the actuator arm to relieve some tension allowing it to open up sooner. eh...back to the garage I go

-Xavier-

rs_smoked_youJan-01-06 08:45 AM
201 posts,
#92492, "RE: DIY turbokit"
In response to Reply # 42

cool thanks for the info, and for not being a dick when someone asks you a question, like some other people on here who are here to just flame others!

rs_smoked_youJan-01-06 12:32 PM
201 posts,
#92495, "RE: DIY turbokit"
In response to Reply # 43
Jan-01-06 12:32 PM by rs_smoked_you

hey xmasta, in the pics on ebay,the down pipe is in pieces do you have to weld it togather or what? and does it bolt straight to the cat? thanks

RoughRider01Jan-01-06 01:47 PM
62 posts,
#92496, "RE: DIY turbokit"
In response to Reply # 44

hey xmasta, in the pics on ebay,the down pipe is in pieces do you have to weld it togather or what? and does it bolt straight to the cat? thanks

i think i can answer part of this since i got the kit. Yes, it comes in peices just like the pics show. Looks like its going to need some fabbing to the piping, not just welding. It comes with all the flanges to bolt to the turbo and the cat, comes with one o2 sensor bung as well.

RoughRider01Jan-01-06 02:38 PM
62 posts,
#92497, "RE: DIY turbokit"
In response to Reply # 44

Without cutting the pipe or anything i just tried to see what i could come up with as a downpipe. So heres a rough estimate as to what it might look like..

rs_smoked_youJan-02-06 07:26 AM
201 posts,
#92501, "RE: DIY turbokit"
In response to Reply # 46

cool thanks, cutting and welding wont be a problem

rs_smoked_youJan-05-06 10:32 AM
201 posts,
#92564, "RE: DIY turbokit"
In response to Reply # 47

hey does anyone know how t oget ahold of these guys? ive been tryin to so i can see if thy will put a smaller wastegate on for me but there email wont work? its sales@thestreetsource.net right? also there phone says there on the computer all the time it does the 56k thing.

RoughRider01Jan-05-06 07:49 PM
62 posts,
#92577, "RE: DIY turbokit"
In response to Reply # 48
Jan-05-06 07:59 PM by RoughRider01

hey does anyone know how t oget ahold of these guys? ive been tryin to so i can see if thy will put a smaller wastegate on for me but there email wont work? its sales@thestreetsource.net right? also there phone says there on the computer all the time it does the 56k thing.

they always seemed to email me back within 24 hrs. Ive never tried to call them.

BTW, it took me 6.5 hrs in the garage to make that downpipe work yesterday. I had to make about 10 cuts with the hacksaw (not fun). Wouldve been a lot quicker if i had some type of pipe cutter and a friend helping, but oh well, its done.

XMasta19Jan-05-06 09:13 PM
Donating 2GNT member
650 posts,
#92578, "RE: DIY turbokit"
In response to Reply # 49

I talk with Mike all the time through email, usually use ebay@thestreetsource.net He almost always gets back to me pretty quickly, but I haven't received an email from him in a few days or so...it's possible he has somethin goin on in his life or what not we don't know about. I would say just to give him a little time.

Here is what he told me recently in the past about the actuator situation: "I've been trying to dig up some smaller actuators but I
am not having much luck. Everyone has some but cannot guarantee me what psi they open."

-Xavier-

rs_smoked_youJan-06-06 08:40 AM
201 posts,
#92590, "RE: DIY turbokit"
In response to Reply # 50
Jan-06-06 09:27 AM by rs_smoked_you

n/m my email was just gay i guess cause he replied!

RoughRider01Jan-07-06 09:37 AM
62 posts,
#92611, "RE: DIY turbokit"
In response to Reply # 51
Jan-07-06 09:38 AM by RoughRider01

n/m my email was just gay i guess cause he replied!

If your thinking about ordering his FMIC kit, give him some time to modify it a little. I got my kit in and its not fitting, neither the hotside or the cold side of the piping is lining up right.... im not too happy to say the least.. Not exactly what I wanted to wait one month for.

rs_smoked_youJan-07-06 09:45 AM
201 posts,
#92612, "RE: DIY turbokit"
In response to Reply # 52

Originally posted by rs_smoked_you n/m my email was just gay i guess cause he replied!
If your thinking about ordering his FMIC kit, give him some time to modify it a little. I got my kit in and its not fitting, neither the hotside or the cold side of the piping is lining up right.... im not too happy to say the least.. Not exactly what I wanted to wait one month for.

cool thanks for the heads up! i wasnt planing on gettin it, its way too expensive for me im just gonna ge an ebay one and get a universal pipe kit!

randomrageJan-16-06 10:49 AM
Member since Jan 16th 2006
2 posts,
#92744, "RE: DIY turbokit"
In response to Reply # 53

Anybody else in here have this kit?

Keith2172Jan-17-06 01:58 PM
Member since Jan 16th 2004
1281 posts,
#92779, "RE: DIY turbokit"
In response to Reply # 54

Anybody remember the name of the company that sells elbows, T's, and flanges seperately so you can make your own manifold. Anyone know of a place that makes them in stainless?

Representing the Central Cali chapter of 2GNT!
(I think I'm the only member )

rs_smoked_youJan-17-06 07:01 PM
201 posts,
#92790, "RE: DIY turbokit"
In response to Reply # 55

http://www.jgstools.com/turbo/product.html

there ya go

Keith2172Jan-18-06 07:09 AM
Member since Jan 16th 2004
1281 posts,
#92803, "RE: DIY turbokit"
In response to Reply # 56

thanks a lot man

Representing the Central Cali chapter of 2GNT!
(I think I'm the only member )

forced95Jan-23-06 08:01 AM
Member since Jan 23rd 2006
1 posts,
#92917, "RE: DIY turbokit"
In response to Reply # 57

Just purchased this kit last week. Hope it is as good as everyone says....Should be here any day. Mike said he was waiting on some flanges so he could finish it up.

rs_smoked_youJan-23-06 09:50 AM
201 posts,
#92918, "RE: DIY turbokit"
In response to Reply # 58

RIGHT ON!!! let us know when it gets here!

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #91530 Previous topic | Next topic