Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #80807
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Ebay Turbo" Search result list | First match | Last match
csnnalDec-28-04 03:12 AM
Member since Oct 28th 2004
66 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#80807, "Ebay Turbo"
Dec-28-04 03:30 AM by csnnal

Sup guyz found this on Ebay, anyone got any feedback on this product.

You still have to use an intercooler with this turbo right?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7943325711&category=33742

Newbies learn the hard way!!!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
PowerEclipsesDec-28-04 03:19 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3215 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#80808, "RE: Ebay Turbo"
In response to Reply # 0

Um... Link?

Boca Raton, Florida
95 Eclipse GS- sold
99 Eclipse GSX- 386awhp
98 Eclipse GS- sold
92 Prelude

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

RxR_EclipseDec-28-04 03:56 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1792 posts,
#80810, "RE: Ebay Turbo"
In response to Reply # 1
Dec-28-04 04:00 AM by RxR_Eclipse

I wouldn't do it. I think you could do better peicing it together yourself. As well as it looks like one of those ssautochrome turbos that everyone say's lasts about 2 days before going bad. And the turbo is all ass backwards. I think there has only been ONE 420A that had a setup even similar to that one. And I think he had a ton of problems.

About the intercooler......if you have to ask, then you should really be buying a kit from HRC or one of the starr ones on ebay. Use the search adn you will find TONS of information on what setups are out there (intercooled and not).

Kevin
The old:

The new:

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonDec-28-04 04:22 AM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#80811, "RE: Ebay Turbo"
In response to Reply # 2

JUNK.......look at the downpipe, too sharp of an angle, flow would suck with that. The turbo is mounted backwards, i would say this guy has no idea what he is making. Anyone who would show the turbo backweards on our car is not trustworthy.

manifold flange is two pieces.....very cheap

Terry
96 Eagle Talon ESI....Daily driver

97 Eclipse.........

madhatter210Dec-28-04 04:42 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2720 posts,
#80812, "RE: Ebay Turbo"
In response to Reply # 3
Dec-28-04 04:43 AM by madhatter210

Originally posted by Star Turbo Talon
JUNK.......look at the downpipe, too sharp of an angle, flow would suck with that. The turbo is mounted backwards, i would say this guy has no idea what he is making. Anyone who would show the turbo backweards on our car is not trustworthy. manifold flange is two pieces.....very cheap Terry 96 Eagle Talon ESI....Daily driver 97 Eclipse.........
Before you judge just hold on a second ....,
might even be a job for Tim97rs to check out.

But heres an email I got from the mike a couple weeks ago.

Sent : Tuesday, December 7, 2004 9:03 AM
To : capgencon capitulik general contracting <capgencon@hotmail.com>
Subject : RE: 95-99 Eclipse 420A DOHC non-turbo full turbo kit T3/T4

Go to previous message | Go to next message | Delete | Inbox
I'll tell you what I can do. We do not have a full kit as of yet. We have almost a full kit though and are working on a much better one.

For the kit I offer now I can sell it to you with the parts you deem as being the important ones for the kit and I can make it a 2gnt special kit so its not the same as the one on ebay.

For you I can offer it at a discount, possibly a very good discount.
Here are the parts I can offer:
T3 turbo $385
Manifold $275
downpipe $150 (I am not happy with the design and we will be changing it soon)
BOV $90 (imitation Greddy Type-S, I do not have them yet but they will be here soon)
FPR $75
rising rate FMU $100 (Vortech but will have Cartechs for that price soon i hope)
Oil line kit $75
Air Filter $10
Filter adapter pipe $30
Indiglo gauges and bezels $120

I can do all these to you for $900 shipped to test and try out. I would warn you about dealing with SSAutoChrome, I used to be a distributor for them, they are not easy to deal with and there parts are not very trustworthy. Espicaiily there Chinee made turbos. When I sold the turbos for them I had atleast 60% returned due to problems. I sell real Garrett turbos in my kits. I can setup a kit for 3 different turbos a T3 super 60, T3/T4 50 trim or T3/T4 57 trim.

I will have an intercooler kit very soon for the eclipse. Currently I am trying to finish building our 10,000 sq ft facility with All wheel drive dyno and every tool you could ever want. This is where we plan to design and manufacture parts for many vehicles. Ask SSAutochrome for a phone number or a location for where they are? I can give my full contact info and plan to have a very nice place of business soon.

Let me know what you think.

http://www.murderpimp.com

2gnt T-shirts&swag
http://www.cafepress.com/mads

djtrickeeDec-28-04 06:35 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#80815, "RE: Ebay Turbo"
In response to Reply # 4

That doesnt mean anything about the kit being total and complete garbage. $900 garbage is still garbage and you will be replacing everything soon anyways...

A chinese turbo? wtf.

Thats that same crap that swindler was trying to pawn off on all of us in the for sale/wanted section under the name mslblaka or something. LAME.

.........................................................................................................................

Built. That's All...
.........................................................................................................................
www.monkeybuttpirate.com
2 Fingers of Scotch with a milk back... Stat!

ModeratormicyekDec-28-04 08:02 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5070 posts,
#80816, "RE: Ebay Turbo"
In response to Reply # 5

I'm not saying that kit is any good or anything...but I'm gonna play devels advocate here fore a second. Who the fuck cares if the turbo is faced the other way? Just because it's diffent than everyone elses doesn't mean it won't work. I see no reason why it wouldn't Plumbing the IC and to the TB might be a little tricky...only because it's not seen all the time. I see no reason why it wouldn't work or would be anymore un-reliable than any other 420A turbo set up, if it was done properly of course.

getty up

-kent-

'98 Talon...gone, but not forgotten

sikeDec-28-04 11:23 AM
Member since Aug 06th 2003
531 posts,
#80832, "RE: Ebay Turbo"
In response to Reply # 6

If you're looking for a kit... I have a far more complete kit than that I am looking to sell for 2200shipped, including FMIC, SFMU and injectors.

Ducking_FumbassJan-02-05 07:37 PM
Member since Aug 30th 2004
1147 posts,
#80976, "RE: Ebay Turbo"
In response to Reply # 7

<smacks self on forehead>

The ONLY reason why I would mount a turbo that way would be to simplify intercooler plumbing, and that would only be if I had replaced the AC compressor and power steering pumps with electric units.

For Christ's sake, if you are going to put the turbo that way, at least point the outlet down so that you can run it to the FMIC, and have the inlet and outlet on opposite sides. EASY plumbing... in turbo from the right, down, through the IC, up, into the TB.

And don't get me started on the downpipe. That is a sad piece.

Just what we need... more "biodegradable" manifolds (thanks, Alain... hehe). At least whoever pieced that together didn't waste a TiG welding machine's time on it.

EclipseRSTJan-03-05 10:27 AM
Member since Apr 17th 2002
5394 posts,
#80998, "RE: Ebay Turbo"
In response to Reply # 8

If it's not HRC or Star I wouldn't touch it.

HAVE: '04 Grand Prix GTP Comp G

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #80807Search result list | First match | Last match