Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #75211
View in threaded mode

Subject: "clocking my 20g" Previous topic | Next topic
widebodiedAug-18-04 03:49 AM
Member since Oct 22nd 2002
2257 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#75211, "clocking my 20g"

okay, ive done my search, all the information i could muster, my understanding is remove the lock pin from the cold side of the turbo, clock the turbo, and reinstall the locking pin, correct? help!

DWAYNE H
1996 eclipse
under construction widebody eclipse, targa top, 19inch rollers, big brakes, 10 point custom cage, frank 2.4 hrc s20g turbo, custom marble paint job

2000 Yamaha R-1, 165rwhp 117 ftlbs tq

ALMOST THERE...... MUWHAHAHAHAHAHA

Originally posted by Thunderous_Talon
a man could build a thousand bridges, and suck one cock. he'll forever be known as a cocksucker.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
TeamAvengerAug-18-04 05:16 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2453 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#75213, "RE: clocking my 20g"
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by widebodied
okay, ive done my search, all the information i could muster, my understanding is remove the lock pin from the cold side of the turbo, clock the turbo, and reinstall the locking pin, correct? help!

Locking pin = Compressor C-Clip??

If it is yes that is all you need to do. Remove the C-Clip, rotate the compressor housing, put the C-Clip back on.

-"Easy Mac"
05 Mazda RX-8 (RR8 #88)
99 Eclipse RS 398whp & 372lb-ft

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

soulcontrollerAug-18-04 05:17 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2490 posts,
#75214, "RE: clocking my 20g"
In response to Reply # 0

yep, really all you ahve to do is remove that snap ring and the wastegate, and the housing will come right off.

you might want to look on the housing where the snap rings goes, there may be a short metal dowel. on mine, there was a small u shaped cutout for the dowel to fit into on the compressor side, you may have to grind a new one for the housing to sit properly. hmm i wish i had some pics now :\

widebodiedAug-18-04 05:27 AM
2257 posts,
#75215, "RE: clocking my 20g"
In response to Reply # 2
Aug-18-04 05:28 AM by widebodied

awesome, do i need any special tools? thinks for the quick response fellas!

DWAYNE H
1996 eclipse
under construction widebody eclipse, targa top, 19inch rollers, big brakes, 10 point custom cage, frank 2.4 hrc s20g turbo, custom marble paint job

a man could build a thousand bridges, and suck one cock. he'll forever be known as a cocksucker.

TeamAvengerAug-18-04 05:48 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2453 posts,
#75216, "RE: clocking my 20g"
In response to Reply # 3

Just a mother of a snap ring tool. Thats it.

-"Easy Mac"
05 Mazda RX-8 (RR8 #88)

soulcontrollerAug-18-04 03:12 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2490 posts,
#75233, "RE: clocking my 20g"
In response to Reply # 4

yea, i ordered some heavy duty snap ring pliers from harbor frieght for about 9 dollars haha. they have to be a 90 degree tip.

i dont know about you thura, but i had to dremel out a small U on the compressor side as well.

you might have to fab up a bracket for the wastegate. not a big deal.

TeamAvengerAug-18-04 05:53 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2453 posts,
#75236, "RE: clocking my 20g"
In response to Reply # 5

Matt, I didn't need to dremel anything on mine. Just popped the clip, rotate and put the clip back on.

-"Easy Mac"
05 Mazda RX-8 (RR8 #88)

BlitzsuperstarAug-18-04 06:21 PM
Member since Sep 24th 2003
135 posts,
#75237, "RE: clocking my 20g"
In response to Reply # 6

i had to grind a U shape into mine..

"one team, one love, all skills" - REVoluzion

widebodiedAug-19-04 02:54 AM
2257 posts,
#75241, "RE: clocking my 20g"
In response to Reply # 7

its done, thanks for the info guys!

DWAYNE H
1996 eclipse

PiKapp504Aug-19-04 04:43 AM
Member since Feb 22nd 2002
290 posts,
#75244, "RE: clocking my 20g"
In response to Reply # 8

Pics? I'm thinking of upgrading to a S20G once I do my exhaust and 8-injector setup. I'm curious as to how close the compressor housing sits to the manifold. What'd you do with the wastegate actuator? How'd you remount it?

96 Indy Red Dodge Avenger I4 5spd
225.7whp/227.2wtq @ 10psi, currently running 12-14psi.
HRC Stage III turbo setup
JE 8.8:1 pistons
Eagle rods
block bored .020" over
GReddy FMIC w/ custom piping
1G crushed BOV
SPEC Stage 3 clutch
2.5" DP, 2.5" high flow cat, 3" ERT catback w/ Magnaflow muffler and 3" tip.
much much more...

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #75211 Previous topic | Next topic