Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #52110
View in linear mode

Subject: " attn: yellowRS nitrous problem" Previous topic | Next topic
mikes96Jul-15-03 06:04 AM
Member since Jan 23rd 2003
110 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#52110, " attn: yellowRS nitrous problem"

i think i almost have it . i ran 24/n and 14/f jetts . had window switch at 3,000rpm and 6,300rpm. plugs gapped at .035 (bkr6es-11) and timing retarded 6 deg after 4,00rpm ran 93 oct gas and a full bottle. i tried it three times first one only had a lil miss but was pretty good had to slow down for a car .
second run was like 15 seconds later had more of a stutter and 3rd run i melted a strap on a plug( second time i did this ) . so i think ill need colder plugs and some better gas. other wise i think we could be good with a bigger gap between jetting sizes.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

yellowRSJul-15-03 07:10 PM
Member since Mar 24th 2002
200 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#52149, "RE: attn: yellowRS nitrous problem"
In response to Reply # 0

That sounds good. You increased your nitrous jet form a 20 to a 24 right? Did you add an adjustable FPR or are you still using stock? I am going to the dyno Friday, I am goimg to try 30n/14f, and then use the FPR to make adjustments. Let me know how it does on some race gas.
Jesse

CAR SOLD
New ride 03 red SRT-4

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

mikes96Jul-15-03 07:50 PM
Member since Jan 23rd 2003
110 posts,
#52150, "RE: attn: yellowRS nitrous problem"
In response to Reply # 1

i stayed with the stock fpr . im looking for a deadhead efi fpr so i can just keep the line off the test port . i talked to barry grant and they haven't released the fpr to the public yet . i was 20 /14 now 24/14 and it seems ok all but the melted plug . race gas should help out alot . let me know how the dyno goes

mike

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #52110 Previous topic | Next topic