Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #105310
View in linear mode

Subject: "supercharged eclipse" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
10secALLengineNT96Feb-12-02 04:18 PM
Member since Feb 12th 2002
5 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#105310, "supercharged eclipse"

would i be able to fit a supercharger in my 96 eclipse
and if so wat kinda supercharger should i get

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: supercharged eclipse, trwebb26, Feb-12-02 04:23 PM, #1
RE: supercharged eclipse, basikstylz (Guest), Feb-12-02 04:26 PM, #2
RE: supercharged eclipse, 99Eclipse, Feb-12-02 04:27 PM, #3
      RE: supercharged eclipse, Thunderous_Talon, Feb-12-02 04:30 PM, #4
           RE: supercharged eclipse, tim97rs, Feb-12-02 05:05 PM, #5
           RE: supercharged eclipse, Breezio, Feb-12-02 05:25 PM, #6
                RE: supercharged eclipse, Kory, Feb-12-02 05:33 PM, #7
                     RE: supercharged eclipse, ModeratorEvuLFleA, Feb-12-02 06:08 PM, #8
           RE: supercharged eclipse, RyaN95i4, Feb-12-02 06:25 PM, #9
                RE: supercharged eclipse, Breezio, Feb-12-02 06:42 PM, #10
                     RE: supercharged eclipse, evan2, Feb-13-02 03:00 AM, #11
                          RE: supercharged eclipse, Jen, Feb-13-02 08:19 AM, #12
                               RE: supercharged eclipse, damasta, Feb-13-02 10:51 AM, #13
                                    RE: supercharged eclipse, klipzracer, Feb-13-02 01:56 PM, #14
                                         RE: supercharged eclipse, dudasd, Feb-13-02 03:09 PM, #15
RE: supercharged eclipse, BlackSoCalZ, Feb-13-02 03:11 PM, #16
RE: supercharged eclipse, Breezio, Feb-13-02 05:30 PM, #17
      RE: supercharged eclipse, TeamMichael_97RS, Feb-13-02 05:45 PM, #18
      RE: supercharged eclipse, BlackSoCalZ, Feb-13-02 06:15 PM, #19
           RE: supercharged eclipse, TeamMuRiX, Feb-13-02 10:33 PM, #20
                RE: supercharged eclipse, soldier101, Feb-14-02 01:35 AM, #21
                     RE: supercharged eclipse, TeamJeff_99gs, Feb-14-02 03:31 AM, #22
                          RE: supercharged eclipse, Breezio, Feb-14-02 05:10 AM, #23

trwebb26Feb-12-02 04:23 PM
Old School 2GNTer
347 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#105311, "RE: supercharged eclipse"
In response to Reply # 0

NO

They only make turbochargers for our car. Check out:

http://www.hahnracecraft.com
and
http://www.turbogs.com

Do a search in the archives and you will find LOTS of info on the turbo setups for our 420A powerplant.

Tim
trwebb26@yahoo.com
White 1999 GS - Manual Tranny
Mods: B&M Shifter, Symbroski Shifter Kit, RRE SS Clutch Line, AEM Short Ram Intake, Clear Side Markers, GS

basikstylz (Guest)Feb-12-02 04:26 PM

#105312, "RE: supercharged eclipse"
In response to Reply # 1

Super charger?? HMMM that sounds familer. Kory? Rob? any input on this one?

99EclipseFeb-12-02 04:27 PM
Old School 2GNTer
853 posts,
#105313, "RE: supercharged eclipse"
In response to Reply # 1

Not so quick there webb.. If im not mistaken the PT cruiser does have the 420a platform.. Jackson racing has just came out with a supercharger for the PT cruiser or is going to really soon. Try e-mailing Jackson Racing I don't have there web addy on hand but im sure someone knows it or you could find it.. I wouldn't mind seeing a supercharged eclipse but a turbocharger will always in my eyes prevail over a supercharger.. not a bad thought though..

Thunderous_TalonFeb-12-02 04:30 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1422 posts,
#105314, "RE: supercharged eclipse"
In response to Reply # 3

has the platform, but it wont fit. too much custom work would be required. imo

Original 15 of 2gnt.com

tim97rsFeb-12-02 05:05 PM
Donating 2GNT member
4255 posts,
#105315, "RE: supercharged eclipse"
In response to Reply # 4

???super..what???

USED TO HAVE...Everything you wish you had, and then some...

You are somebody special Tim, you matter! - from the admins (but nobody likes you, because your username is just like that other guy's, and you whine a lot)

BreezioFeb-12-02 05:25 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4863 posts,
#105316, "RE: supercharged eclipse"
In response to Reply # 5

you can slap a turbo or supercharger on anything if you want to custom make the kit. I'm betting it wouldn't even be that hard to put a supercharger on if you use the "centerfugal" style superchargers that use a compressor housing of a turbo ran off of a belt drive from the crank. I think those are kinda cool, plus you can run intercoolers with them were standard "roots" style blowers you can't run intercoolers (but generally don't need to).

check out these guys http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/
they make good belt driven "centerfugal" superchagers, which can be put any anything with less 'fab' work then a turbo because they don't deal with the exhaust system.

Actually now that I think about it.. I might look into making a customer setup for my car using one of their superchargers.
Oh.. and there are also a few other companies that make the same style of supercharger, some of them are pretty slick.

KoryFeb-12-02 05:33 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2620 posts,
#105317, "RE: supercharged eclipse"
In response to Reply # 6

10sec all motor eclipse? that would be SO badass!!!

96RS ~ full 99GS Special Edit. body conversion, aem cai, greddy header, greddy sp exhaust, afx pulley, B&M SS, magecores & NGKs, S-AFC, A/F and Volt guages, Sparco Torino Seat, illuminas, prokits, ingalls camber, gunmetal GS rims, ST Sways, STBs, lower rear tie bar, Sony Xplode head, Xplode 10 disk, Boston Components, 2 Kenwood amps, 12" MTX sub, a shit load more.

97GSX ~ 18psi~ Ported/Clipped 10 degrees Frank 2 w/47trim, Ported Exh. housing, Tial 40mm External Wastegate with discharge tube, Ported O2 housing, 3" downpipe, 3" Straight Pipe, Apex N1, fake cat, K&N FIPK, Greddy IC Piping, Type S bov, S-AFC, Profec B, Greddy TT, Slimline Fan, RRE Catch Can, Greddy Big FMIC, ND 660s, Walboro 190lph, ACT 2600 w/street disk, clutch SS line, lighten flywheel, removed cruise control line, Greddy EGT, Coolant, Boost Gauges, motor mount inserts, Magnecor & plugs, greddy oil cap, greddy radiator cap, and free mods. To all the haters _|_ tia

The Original 2GNT []D[][]Y[][]D

96 RS

97 GSX

ModeratorEvuLFleAFeb-12-02 06:08 PM
Old School 2GNTer
9791 posts,
#105318, "RE: supercharged eclipse"
In response to Reply # 7

sc aint all motor fool

------------------------------------------------
98 ESi
95 GS

RyaN95i4Feb-12-02 06:25 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2152 posts,
#105319, "RE: supercharged eclipse"
In response to Reply # 4

PT head is turned opposite ours. wont work.

Dreamspeed is actually working on a centrifugal sc kit for our engine tho. i posted about it a while back and got no responses, hehe

95 Avenger
ATX->MTX Swap
Holset HX40 @ 26 psi

BreezioFeb-12-02 06:42 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4863 posts,
#105320, "RE: supercharged eclipse"
In response to Reply # 9

I've been talking for a while about staying all motor with my zx2.. but i think that's starting to change. The more I think about it.. the more it seems I'm going to custom make a centrifugal SC kit for my car.. and from the research i've done so far.. doesn't seem like it'll be all the hard. Next thing I have to do is go check clearences and routing areas under my hood. but i also won't be doing this for quite sometime, if I even do it at all.

evan2Feb-13-02 03:00 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3903 posts,
#105321, "RE: supercharged eclipse"
In response to Reply # 10

he wasnt saying the SCed ecipse would be the all motor 10sec eclipse
i think kory was refering to the guys name that made this post...

meaning a 10sec ALLL motor eclipse would be bad ass..

prob sound like a beast ahah

I love dino and 2gnt. ####ers (my word) bliz stole it but i let him borrow it

JenFeb-13-02 08:19 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2349 posts,
#105322, "RE: supercharged eclipse"
In response to Reply # 11

Did anyone say NO?

Jen & Cody - http://dsmxtsi.freehomepage.com
-1995 Eagle Talon ESi
-1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
-1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS-T
-1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
-1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX

1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX

damastaFeb-13-02 10:51 AM
Member since Dec 16th 2001
302 posts,
#105323, "RE: supercharged eclipse"
In response to Reply # 12

That picture was posted here about a year ago, there were a couple guys on this board that said they were working on a custom SC for our engine, turned out to be some big joke or something. Some people were pissed. NOTE: I'm not saying the picture is fake or altered but that drive shaft running from left to right there had something to do with the thing not working. Anyway, if anyone remembers what I'm talking about from a year ago or so, they can probably clarify a bit more than me. I've got a horrible memory.

Coo'
alex_ries@hotmail.com

Coo'
alex_ries@hotmail.com

klipzracerFeb-13-02 01:56 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4006 posts,
#105324, "RE: supercharged eclipse"
In response to Reply # 13

hahaha, jen whipped out the pic!

dudasdFeb-13-02 03:09 PM
Donating 2GNT member
735 posts,
#105325, "RE: supercharged eclipse"
In response to Reply # 14

One small problem with laughing at that pic and saying that the drive shaft is what doesn't work, I unfortunately must remind everyone to take a look at the Honduh kits that Vortech makes, all the sudden that drive shaft looks kinda familiar. Not saying it is truly legit in the pic, but at the same time I could be...who would have thought last months Sport Compact Car....a twin engine Hyundai that runs 10's???? That I can verify having actually seen the damn thing.....Who knows maybe someone has made a custom kit and is not sharing the wealth of info the bum!!!!!

BlackSoCalZFeb-13-02 03:11 PM
Old School 2GNTer
67 posts,
#105326, "RE: supercharged eclipse"
In response to Reply # 0

You also might wanna check out www.ProCharger.com ATIs kits IMO are superior to the Vortech blowers, and are much easier to route, mainly because they are all self contained and dont require tapping into the oil pan. You just have to change the oil in the blower every 6K miles or so. If you really wanted to im sure that you could probably find a way to strap a blower on, but at what cost is the big question... They would be good to help get some lowend torque to the wheels, but the turbo setups are more efficient... But it would be kinda cool if you could get it done!

- Ryan

2000 Camaro Z28 - M6
367.9 RWHP/360.2 RWTQ
http://Ryans2000Z28.freewebspace.com

BreezioFeb-13-02 05:30 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4863 posts,
#105327, "RE: supercharged eclipse"
In response to Reply # 16

Well hey.. if you like the "no oil lines" thing.. check out http://www.powerdyne.com/ these guys use an internal belt drive instead of a gear drive that doesn't use any oil at all. So far as I know the belt lasts the normal life of the supercharger and is very quiet.

TeamMichael_97RSFeb-13-02 05:45 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#105328, "RE: supercharged eclipse"
In response to Reply # 17

Possible? Yes. But it would be a completely custom set up. There is no bolt on affair as of yet. And from what I remmeber the guy who actually did that set was having problems with th elong drifeshaft for the supercharger... the sulution would be u-joint or CV joint in it. But it's not going to be an easy thing if you decide to custome fabricate a kit.

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it." - Albert Einstein

Michael J. Kulaga
e-mail: Michael_97RS@2gntDSM.zzn.com aol IM: MJKulga
http://highlander.dsmpower.com/

Injen CAI, 55mm TB, Hooker 4-1 Stepped Header, GS-T Muffler, AFX UDP, S-AFC, 8.5mm Magnecor Wires, Crane Fireball HI-6DI2, SS Clutch Line, NRG Susp. Motor Mount Ins., FU/RU/RL STBs, TSW Blade 17x7.5, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 215/45ZR-17. Front KVR Cross-Drilled Rotors & Carbon Fiber Pads

To Be Installed: Ported/Polished Intake Manifold 1/2, Rear disc brake conversion kit w/, Rear KVR Cross Drilled Rotors & Carbon Fiber Kevlar Pads, SS Brake Lines

Firefly:
Mal: You don't know me, son, so let me put this to you plainly: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.

BlackSoCalZFeb-13-02 06:15 PM
Old School 2GNTer
67 posts,
#105329, "RE: supercharged eclipse"
In response to Reply # 17

>Well hey.. if you like the "no oil lines" thing.. check out
>http://www.powerdyne.com/ these guys use an internal belt
>drive instead of a gear drive that doesn't use any oil at
>all. So far as I know the belt lasts the normal life of the
>supercharger and is very quiet.

Thats true about the PDynes.... but its also a fact that theyre a POS If going with a blown application, I would stay with ATI as far as the centrifugal charges go... but its true that the PDynes are probably the easiest to get together, but they have more problems then you would know what to do with.... for our applications anyway, im not trying to knock Powerdyne..... much Just my $.02

- Ryan

2000 Camaro Z28 - M6
367.9 RWHP/360.2 RWTQ
http://Ryans2000Z28.freewebspace.com

TeamMuRiXFeb-13-02 10:33 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1502 posts,
#105330, "RE: supercharged eclipse"
In response to Reply # 19

1.Search the archives. I see too many questions that have been asked too many times.

2.Search the archives. It answers evertything.

3.personal experience - a supercharger does not package well into our engine bay. the clearance at the front of the hood is an issue, The clearance at the belts is an issue, The clearance over the downpipe is an issue. I worked on this years ago. I think it is in the archives anyway.

05 Mazda RX-8
06 Lotus Elise

soldier101Feb-14-02 01:35 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3862 posts,
#105331, "RE: supercharged eclipse"
In response to Reply # 20

take horsepower to make horsepower eh?

turbo8u: "jiggle jiggle then vroom vroom pshhhh"
-Mike Pruett
2gnt member# 976
MOPAR Stage 2
SRTForums.com member #37 (Yeah, I signed up when it first came out, and ended up getting one, cool huh?)
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
- General George Patton (1885-1945)

TeamJeff_99gsFeb-14-02 03:31 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
#105332, "RE: supercharged eclipse"
In response to Reply # 21

>take horsepower to make horsepower eh?

I never understood why people make such a big deal out of this...
Yes, it takes power to make it, but you are still making horsepower.

I don't think superchargers belong on 4 bangers since a single turbo is so much more efficient, but I don't see anything wrong with them on larger displacement engines. Parasitic loss is better than no gain at all...

BreezioFeb-14-02 05:10 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4863 posts,
#105333, "RE: supercharged eclipse"
In response to Reply # 22

Your not trying to pull that "superchargers take power from the crank and aren't as good as turbos" crap are you? takes power to make power like the guy said, either off the crank or by putting a big plug in exhaust and using it to turn the compressor. The important part is how well the compressor wheel is designed (and therfore how high it's effeciany is).

about the power dyne thing, Yeah, i wasn't planning on using them. I'm gonna use a vortech V-5 probably. but I will look into those ATI ones, but they seem more for the larger motors (going by their CFM ratings) do you by any chance no the price of one of those units by it's self? the ATI ones..? I couldn't find a price anywhere on their website.

about the eclipse's though.. it does seem to be that there isn't any room to put a centrifigul supercharger anywhere in there. which kinda sucks, but oh well, you guys got more turbo options then you know what to do with.

with my zx2 on the other hand.. only have two crappy turbo kits to chose from. so I'm thinking if I go forced induction, my best bet will be a nice easy to make (not too expensive either) custom centrifugal supercharger setup. but that's just in my cause with my car.

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #105310 Previous topic | Next topic