Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #75072
View in linear mode

Subject: "zex kit" Previous topic | Next topic
widebodiedAug-12-04 07:40 AM
Member since Oct 22nd 2002
2257 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#75072, "zex kit"

purchased a zex wet, most of the old schoolers no my 2.4 setup(all forged fully built hear os valves, 16s, etc). the kit is coming with a 50 shot, im running 440s and 2 fuel pumps, sfmu and a safc. i wanted to do a 75-125 shot. for u nos gurus, do u think thats safe on my current fuel setup. or should i stay with the 50 shot, im running 18-20 lbs on a trick hrc 20g, race gas majority of the time, and a open atmosphere dp.

suggestions.......

DWAYNE H
1996 eclipse
under construction widebody eclipse, targa top, 19inch rollers, big brakes, 10 point custom cage, frank 2.4 hrc s20g turbo, custom marble paint job

2000 Yamaha R-1, 165rwhp 117 ftlbs tq

ALMOST THERE...... MUWHAHAHAHAHAHA

Originally posted by Thunderous_Talon
a man could build a thousand bridges, and suck one cock. he'll forever be known as a cocksucker.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: zex kit, Initial DSM, Aug-12-04 12:05 PM, #1
20psi and 100 shot... muwahahahah, widebodied, Aug-12-04 02:12 PM, #2
RE: zex kit, Teamdougie2, Aug-12-04 04:02 PM, #3
RE: zex kit, widebodied, Aug-12-04 04:05 PM, #4
      RE: zex kit, Teamdougie2, Aug-12-04 04:13 PM, #5
           RE: zex kit, widebodied, Aug-12-04 04:31 PM, #6
                RE: zex kit, 420AYE, Aug-13-04 12:16 PM, #7

Initial DSMAug-12-04 12:05 PM
Member since Sep 23rd 2003
2833 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#75076, "RE: zex kit"
In response to Reply # 0

Since you have an hrc kit, I would save up for the Portfueler kit and run higher injectors ; I have 2 fuel pumps as well, but im running 8 injector , 235cc/400cc for now and wil prolly upgrade later. I would run a 75 or 100 shot afterwards. for now, a 50 shot to be safe.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

widebodiedAug-12-04 02:12 PM
2257 posts,
#75079, "20psi and 100 shot... muwahahahah"
In response to Reply # 1

nobody is running 18+ psi and nice dose of nos besdes hrc i guess....

DWAYNE H
1996 eclipse
under construction widebody eclipse, targa top, 19inch rollers, big brakes, 10 point custom cage, frank 2.4 hrc s20g turbo, custom marble paint job

a man could build a thousand bridges, and suck one cock. he'll forever be known as a cocksucker.

Teamdougie2Aug-12-04 04:02 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2982 posts,
#75081, "RE: zex kit"
In response to Reply # 0
Aug-12-04 04:02 PM by dougie2

Originally posted by widebodied
for u nos gurus, do u think thats safe on my current fuel setup. or should i stay with the 50 shot

First of all, you shouldn't run a single nozzle wet injection on a setup like yours. I shouldn't have to tell you that.

Second thing, the answer to your question is no it's not safe on your current fuel system.

Third, you shouldn't stay with the 50 shot. That's dumb.

Doug

Xtreme Performance Services

Race Engines · Transmissions · Turbo Systems · EFI & Tuning · Fabrication · Welding
www.xtremefabrications.com

widebodiedAug-12-04 04:05 PM
2257 posts,
#75082, "RE: zex kit"
In response to Reply # 3

why not single nozzle, the neon guys are doin it all day without a problem on high boost. think it would be better to go with a indvidual injection for each runner?

DWAYNE H
1996 eclipse

Teamdougie2Aug-12-04 04:13 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2982 posts,
#75083, "RE: zex kit"
In response to Reply # 4
Aug-12-04 04:13 PM by dougie2

Originally posted by widebodied
think it would be better to go with a indvidual injection for each runner?

Definitely. A 50 shot isn't a big deal as for as the engine's concerned, but a 125-150 shot is. That much of an instant power increase to an engine like yours or mine will fuck shit up. Also, you're fuel system is about maxxed.

Doug

Xtreme Performance Services

Race Engines · Transmissions · Turbo Systems · EFI & Tuning · Fabrication · Welding
www.xtremefabrications.com

widebodiedAug-12-04 04:31 PM
2257 posts,
#75084, "RE: zex kit"
In response to Reply # 5

right, i know my fuel system is at its limit, im just trying to figure out how wet kits function as far as puttin g the mixture of gas and f n20 at the same time.

DWAYNE H
1996 eclipse

420AYEAug-13-04 12:16 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2850 posts,
#75106, "RE: zex kit"
In response to Reply # 6

wow. its a good thing your going to give this kit a good home...

Having Problems? Heres my Three step solution to anything 2gnt related.
Step 1: Put down everything in your hands.
Step 2: Grab a lucky strike, Smoke it.
Step 3: Walk to the fridge, double fist some keystone ice, sit down in the shade, drink one beer, finish cigarette, drink other beer, roll a joint, smoke it, walk back to your problem, and in about 5 minutes the solution will come to you.
If not. Go here: here

If still nothing, your trying to hard. Start over at step 1.

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #75072 Previous topic | Next topic