Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #107869
View in linear mode

Subject: "Treadstone Turbo Kit 420a" Previous topic | Next topic
OnichanMay-15-10 02:53 PM
Member since May 12th 2010
2 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#107869, "Treadstone Turbo Kit 420a"
May-15-10 03:08 PM by Onichan

Hello I have bought a new treadstone turbo kit for a 420a for my 98 Eclipse http://www.treadstoneperformance.com/product.phtml?p=235&phot_key=375 and have searched around but could not find any help or anything about installing it. Has anybody installed one and wouldn't mind giving a little bit of help or some good pictures of the install process? I have the general idea of how it goes but a couple of things I am unsure of. Mainly the piping had no instructions and I am unsure about how it goes to the exhaust. Any help would be greatly appreciated and thanks.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Treadstone Turbo Kit 420a, Onichan, May-17-10 08:13 AM, #1
RE: Treadstone Turbo Kit 420a, Ebster1085, May-17-10 08:56 AM, #2
RE: Treadstone Turbo Kit 420a, megaskillz, May-17-10 09:17 AM, #3
RE: Treadstone Turbo Kit 420a, Tuxdreamerx, May-18-10 02:25 PM, #4
      RE: Treadstone Turbo Kit 420a, eclipse9504, May-19-10 01:35 PM, #5
           RE: Treadstone Turbo Kit 420a, megaskillz, May-20-10 12:38 PM, #6

OnichanMay-17-10 08:13 AM
Member since May 12th 2010
2 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#107873, "RE: Treadstone Turbo Kit 420a"
In response to Reply # 0

Nobody has anything?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Ebster1085May-17-10 08:56 AM
Member since Jun 11th 2009
531 posts,
#107875, "RE: Treadstone Turbo Kit 420a"
In response to Reply # 1

Search function..

1999 Eclipse GS
Built motor
Hahn 16G Turbo w/ FMIC
Hahn Stage 5 Portfueler (270's & 500's)
Zeitronix Zt-2 wideband w/ 3.5bar MAP
3" SS Turbo Back
CM Stage 4 Clutch and Fidanza Flywheel
Baer Big Brake Kit

megaskillzMay-17-10 09:17 AM
Member since Oct 12th 2008
105 posts,
#107876, "RE: Treadstone Turbo Kit 420a"
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by Onichan
Hello I have bought a new treadstone turbo kit for a 420a for my 98 Eclipse http://www.treadstoneperformance.com/product.phtml?p=235&phot_key=375 and have searched around but could not find any help or anything about installing it. Has anybody installed one and wouldn't mind giving a little bit of help or some good pictures of the install process? I have the general idea of how it goes but a couple of things I am unsure of. Mainly the piping had no instructions and I am unsure about how it goes to the exhaust. Any help would be greatly appreciated and thanks.

Hi. The treadstone kit looks like a good kit but be prepared for some fabrication. One of the issues that I remember seeing on this forum was an issue with the down pipe not lining up with stock exhaust and also it was not allowing for use of the factory a/c condensor fan.

You have to use the search in turbo/nitrous tech.

Here is a thread I found just now. It might help you out a little.
http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=100886&mode=full

TuxdreamerxMay-18-10 02:25 PM
Donating 2GNT member
384 posts,
#107884, "RE: Treadstone Turbo Kit 420a"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by megaskillz
Originally posted by Onichan Hello I have bought a new treadstone turbo kit for a 420a for my 98 Eclipse http://www.treadstoneperformance.com/product.phtml?p=235&phot_key=375 and have searched around but could not find any help or anything about installing it. Has anybody installed one and wouldn't mind giving a little bit of help or some good pictures of the install process? I have the general idea of how it goes but a couple of things I am unsure of. Mainly the piping had no instructions and I am unsure about how it goes to the exhaust. Any help would be greatly appreciated and thanks.
Hi. The treadstone kit looks like a good kit but be prepared for some fabrication. One of the issues that I remember seeing on this forum was an issue with the down pipe not lining up with stock exhaust and also it was not allowing for use of the factory a/c condensor fan. You have to use the search in turbo/nitrous tech. Here is a thread I found just now. It might help you out a little. http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=100886&mode=full

My intercooler piping is what doesnt allow me to use a factory ac condensor fan. But hey I dont have an ac conpressor so no big deal.

eclipse9504May-19-10 01:35 PM
Member since Nov 28th 2005
22 posts,
#107886, "RE: Treadstone Turbo Kit 420a"
In response to Reply # 4

I have that kit installed on my 95 eclipse that I put on myself. I have a/c and power steering. The downpipe does come about 1" or so from the condenser fan, but had no problems. I do plan on putting some slim fans. I do suggest that you take the downpipe to get fabbed up at a muffler shop so they can hook it up to your existing exhaust. The intercooler I mounted up with some metal brackets I had lying around. I'll see if I can post up some pics later. The kit is pretty easy to install. Mind you I do work at a dealership so I did have the use of a lift which makes it ten times easier to install. But it could be done in a weekend or less depending on your motivation. The kit is worth every penny.

----------------------------------------

megaskillzMay-20-10 12:38 PM
Member since Oct 12th 2008
105 posts,
#107890, "RE: Treadstone Turbo Kit 420a"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by eclipse9504
I have that kit installed on my 95 eclipse that I put on myself. I have a/c and power steering. The downpipe does come about 1" or so from the condenser fan, but had no problems. I do plan on putting some slim fans. I do suggest that you take the downpipe to get fabbed up at a muffler shop so they can hook it up to your existing exhaust. The intercooler I mounted up with some metal brackets I had lying around. I'll see if I can post up some pics later. The kit is pretty easy to install. Mind you I do work at a dealership so I did have the use of a lift which makes it ten times easier to install. But it could be done in a weekend or less depending on your motivation. The kit is worth every penny.

I would like to see some pics of this kit as well. It looks like a good kit. The only thing that I'm a little skeptical of is the fmic. From the pics on the site it looks really small and it doesn't fill up the space in the front bumper.

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #107869 Previous topic | Next topic