Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #921
View in linear mode

Subject: "blinker blinking rapidly?" Previous topic | Next topic
JustinJan-21-01 05:55 PM
Old School 2GNTer
73 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#921, "blinker blinking rapidly?"

Tonight I noticed my drivers side blinkers (front and back) are blink very rapidly compared tot he passenger side..

Any ideas on what this may be?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

CorgiEclipseJan-22-01 01:16 AM
Old School 2GNTer
15 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#922, "RE: blinker blinking rapidly?"
In response to Reply # 0

It means that something is wrong. A bulb is burnt out somewhere usually when this occurs. Don't know if you have actually gotten out of the car and walked around it with the signal on. And I am not trying to insult your intelligence, but that is the normal reason...Good luck
Bev

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

JustinJan-22-01 01:20 AM
Old School 2GNTer
73 posts,
#923, "RE: blinker blinking rapidly?"
In response to Reply # 1

I have gotten out and looked...they all blink..nothing is burnt out..

endless73Jan-22-01 02:13 AM
Old School 2GNTer
253 posts,
#924, "RE: blinker blinking rapidly?"
In response to Reply # 0

yeah, i have the same problem, but it's on the passenger side. all the filaments in the bulbs are fine. on my car, i think there's something wrong with the black wire connected to the middle bulf of the passenger side taillight, because when i play around with it, the lights blink like normal. then after a while, it occurs again. i haven't figured it out yet, but it definitely is a electrical problem.

Eclipse-15.621 @ 89.5 mph
M3-13.192 @ 111 mph
Pick your poison!
http://www.onlineshowoff.com/index.asp?section=profile&username=endless73

Teameclipse804Jan-22-01 10:06 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
#925, "RE: blinker blinking rapidly?"
In response to Reply # 3

Also have someone step on the brake to double check that both bulbs come on when the brakes are hit. Also check your front turn signals etc. Its either the bulbs, or the wires themselves...

eclipse804@hotmail.com
http://importdeals.homestead.com
Import Parts and Performance

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl
1997 Eclipse GS - Royal Sapphire Pearl

js99rsJan-22-01 10:51 AM
Old School 2GNTer
332 posts,
#926, "RE: blinker blinking rapidly?"
In response to Reply # 4

mine did the same thing...one of the wires in the bulb was loose. there are two things that light up inside each bulb. one is probably burnt out or loose. get a new bulb and test it out. bulbs are only like $.50 at walmart

-jason

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #921 Previous topic | Next topic