Go back to previous topic
Forum nameInterior/Exterior
Topic subjectblinker blinking rapidly?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=7&topic_id=921
921, blinker blinking rapidly?
Posted by Justin, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Tonight I noticed my drivers side blinkers (front and back) are blink very rapidly compared tot he passenger side..

Any ideas on what this may be?
922, RE: blinker blinking rapidly?
Posted by CorgiEclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
It means that something is wrong. A bulb is burnt out somewhere usually when this occurs. Don't know if you have actually gotten out of the car and walked around it with the signal on. And I am not trying to insult your intelligence, but that is the normal reason...Good luck
Bev
923, RE: blinker blinking rapidly?
Posted by Justin, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I have gotten out and looked...they all blink..nothing is burnt out..
924, RE: blinker blinking rapidly?
Posted by endless73, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
yeah, i have the same problem, but it's on the passenger side. all the filaments in the bulbs are fine. on my car, i think there's something wrong with the black wire connected to the middle bulf of the passenger side taillight, because when i play around with it, the lights blink like normal. then after a while, it occurs again. i haven't figured it out yet, but it definitely is a electrical problem.
925, RE: blinker blinking rapidly?
Posted by eclipse804, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Also have someone step on the brake to double check that both bulbs come on when the brakes are hit. Also check your front turn signals etc. Its either the bulbs, or the wires themselves...

eclipse804@hotmail.com
http://importdeals.homestead.com
Import Parts and Performance

926, RE: blinker blinking rapidly?
Posted by js99rs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
mine did the same thing...one of the wires in the bulb was loose. there are two things that light up inside each bulb. one is probably burnt out or loose. get a new bulb and test it out. bulbs are only like $.50 at walmart
I generated this page in 0.010193109512329 seconds, executing 7 queries.