Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #81209
View in linear mode

Subject: "A few pics with the carbon fiber hood installed" Previous topic | Next topic
FlyinEsiFeb-02-05 01:21 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#81209, "A few pics with the carbon fiber hood installed"
Feb-02-05 01:23 PM by FlyinEsi

I have a few pictures someone else took this weekend of my car with the carbon fiber hood on. I have some better ones at my house, but I can't upload them, plus I have new rims coming, so I will get new pictures up in a couple weeks.

What do you think? I'm still torn if I like it or not.

if the pictures don't work, let me know.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: A few pics with the carbon fiber hood installed, eclipse982nrRST, Feb-02-05 01:35 PM, #1
RE: A few pics with the carbon fiber hood installed, csmakio, Feb-02-05 01:55 PM, #2
      RE: A few pics with the carbon fiber hood installed, optimuspeterson, Feb-02-05 02:07 PM, #3
           RE: A few pics with the carbon fiber hood installed, FlyinEsi, Feb-02-05 02:10 PM, #4
                RE: A few pics with the carbon fiber hood installed, EvMan2345, Feb-02-05 02:15 PM, #5
                     RE: A few pics with the carbon fiber hood installed, eclipse982nrRST, Feb-02-05 02:19 PM, #6
                          RE: A few pics with the carbon fiber hood installed, csmakio, Feb-02-05 02:21 PM, #7
                               RE: A few pics with the carbon fiber hood installed, optimuspeterson, Feb-02-05 02:32 PM, #8
                                    RE: A few pics with the carbon fiber hood installed, PowerEclipses, Feb-02-05 03:36 PM, #9
                                         RE: A few pics with the carbon fiber hood installed, sonikbewm, Feb-02-05 04:42 PM, #10
                                              RE: A few pics with the carbon fiber hood installed, Pitchblack98, Feb-02-05 05:36 PM, #11
                                                   RE: A few pics with the carbon fiber hood installed, satal95, Feb-02-05 06:22 PM, #12
                                                        RE: A few pics with the carbon fiber hood installed, FlyinEsi, Feb-03-05 03:28 AM, #13
                                                             RE: A few pics with the carbon fiber hood installed, run4cvr, Feb-03-05 05:08 PM, #14
                                                                  RE: A few pics with the carbon fiber hood installed, Uberingram, Feb-03-05 05:11 PM, #15
                                                                       RE: A few pics with the carbon fiber hood installed, Aggression, Feb-04-05 04:14 AM, #16
                                                                            RE: A few pics with the carbon fiber hood installed, EclipseRST, Feb-04-05 05:11 AM, #17
                                                                                 RE: A few pics with the carbon fiber hood installed, SilverBullet20g, Feb-04-05 06:14 AM, #18
                                                                                      RE: A few pics with the carbon fiber hood installed, Ryan_Hes, Feb-04-05 06:18 AM, #19
                                                                                           RE: A few pics with the carbon fiber hood installed, scothern, Feb-04-05 07:46 AM, #20
                                                                                                RE: A few pics with the carbon fiber hood installed, HipHop615, Feb-04-05 07:50 AM, #21
                                                                                                     RE: A few pics with the carbon fiber hood installed, FlyinEsi, Feb-04-05 08:22 AM, #22
                                                                                                          RE: A few pics with the carbon fiber hood installed, scothern, Feb-04-05 09:14 AM, #23
                                                                                                          RE: A few pics with the carbon fiber hood installed, dizzastic, Feb-05-05 11:17 PM, #24
                                                                                                               RE: A few pics with the carbon fiber hood installed, 420a-Tnthewerks, Feb-06-05 05:21 AM, #25
                                                                                                                    RE: A few pics with the carbon fiber hood installed, kelvinb1, Feb-06-05 06:38 AM, #26
                                                                                                          RE: A few pics with the carbon fiber hood installed, TeamDR1665, Feb-06-05 07:05 AM, #27
                                                                                                               RE: A few pics with the carbon fiber hood installed, Aggression, Feb-06-05 07:39 AM, #28
                                                                                                               RE: A few pics with the carbon fiber hood installed, dizzastic, Feb-06-05 08:51 AM, #29
                                                                                                                    RE: A few pics with the carbon fiber hood installed, pfmicks, Feb-07-05 04:59 PM, #30
                                                                                                                         RE: A few pics with the carbon fiber hood installed, Blizare, Feb-07-05 07:10 PM, #31
                                                                                                               RE: A few pics with the carbon fiber hood installed, FlyinEsi, Feb-08-05 08:41 AM, #32
                                                                                                                    RE: A few pics with the carbon fiber hood installed, Aggression, Feb-08-05 09:26 AM, #33
                                                                                                                         RE: A few pics with the carbon fiber hood installed, FlyinEsi, Feb-08-05 10:57 AM, #34
                                                                                                                              RE: A few pics with the carbon fiber hood installed, FlyinEsi, Feb-09-05 08:14 AM, #35
                                                                                                                                   RE: A few pics with the carbon fiber hood installed, injendsm, Feb-09-05 08:22 AM, #36
                                                                                                                                        RE: A few pics with the carbon fiber hood installed, FlyinEsi, Feb-09-05 08:24 AM, #37
                                                                                                                                             RE: A few pics with the carbon fiber hood installed, gofaster87, Feb-09-05 06:45 PM, #38

eclipse982nrRSTFeb-02-05 01:35 PM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#81211, "RE: A few pics with the carbon fiber hood installed"
In response to Reply # 0

i like, A++

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

csmakioFeb-02-05 01:55 PM
Member since Jun 18th 2003
412 posts,
#81212, "RE: A few pics with the carbon fiber hood installed"
In response to Reply # 1

Looks awesome dude, i say you get some Hood Pins on there to. I dont know but hood pins add alot IMO

HAHN Stage 1 \ Greddy Power Extreme 2.5'' Catback

optimuspetersonFeb-02-05 02:07 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2353 posts,
#81214, "RE: A few pics with the carbon fiber hood installed"
In response to Reply # 2

looks good, you should cut out the black plastic piece in the bumper.

http://home.bendcable.com/optimuspeterson <<<<HRC Stage 2 and Star Instructions
95 Eclipse - SOLD | 93 BMW 318is - SOLD | 2000 S-10 Extreme on 20's - SOLD
93 Toyota/shaved/bagged/body dropped - SOLD | 97 GSX - SOLD
2006 Scion tC

FlyinEsiFeb-02-05 02:10 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
#81215, "RE: A few pics with the carbon fiber hood installed"
In response to Reply # 3
Feb-02-05 02:17 PM by FlyinEsi

I thought about it, but that is a brand new bumper and I didn't want to potentially ruin it by cutting into it.

Oh yeah, and i have hood locks rather than hood pins, but they are not installed since i wasn't sure I was going to keep the hood. And I'm not sure how the locks will look either, I'm thinking about buying pins.

This is what I have

EvMan2345Feb-02-05 02:15 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1888 posts,
#81217, "RE: A few pics with the carbon fiber hood installed"
In response to Reply # 4

i like it, but then again, im biased...

Evan B
97 GS- FOR SALE
90 GSX-sold
Stamford CT
EvMan2345@aol.com

eclipse982nrRSTFeb-02-05 02:19 PM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
#81218, "RE: A few pics with the carbon fiber hood installed"
In response to Reply # 5

no offense, but those are the fugliest hood locks/pins ive EVER seen, lol. please dont use those!!!

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

csmakioFeb-02-05 02:21 PM
Member since Jun 18th 2003
412 posts,
#81219, "RE: A few pics with the carbon fiber hood installed"
In response to Reply # 6

I have sparco hood pins they look pimp

HAHN Stage 1 \ Greddy Power Extreme 2.5'' Catback

optimuspetersonFeb-02-05 02:32 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2353 posts,
#81220, "RE: A few pics with the carbon fiber hood installed"
In response to Reply # 7

so do you plan on removing your latch if you are gong to use those hood locks??

What I did was used regular hood pins and then also used the stock latch. But the kicker was that I installed a silenoid to pop the stock latch. At first it was just a hidden switch to pop it then I hooked it up to an aux in my alarm. So i would go to the front of the car and undo the pins and then hit the hidden switch and presto...my hood poped open.

Just think that with the hood locks if you want to keep your car running and pop the hood you will have to keep them on a seperate key ring.

http://home.bendcable.com/optimuspeterson <<<<HRC Stage 2 and Star Instructions
95 Eclipse - SOLD | 93 BMW 318is - SOLD | 2000 S-10 Extreme on 20's - SOLD
93 Toyota/shaved/bagged/body dropped - SOLD | 97 GSX - SOLD
2006 Scion tC

PowerEclipsesFeb-02-05 03:36 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3215 posts,
#81223, "RE: A few pics with the carbon fiber hood installed"
In response to Reply # 8

silver/ CF is great man you know! hah need hood pins and I think a splitter would just top that off i think it would look really good then

Boca Raton, Florida
95 Eclipse GS- sold
99 Eclipse GSX- 386awhp
98 Eclipse GS- sold
92 Prelude

sonikbewmFeb-02-05 04:42 PM
Member since Dec 01st 2001
4011 posts,
#81224, "RE: A few pics with the carbon fiber hood installed"
In response to Reply # 9

looks good. ditch those hood locks and just get the sparco pins.

Jason
'11 Ford Mustang GT/CS
'11 Ford Mustang V6 6-Speed (SOLD)
'04 Nissan 350z Touring (SOLD)
'95 Turbo Eclipse GS (SOLD and will be missed)
'90 Talon TSi AWD (SOLD)

Pitchblack98Feb-02-05 05:36 PM
Member since Jan 11th 2003
1691 posts,
#81227, "RE: A few pics with the carbon fiber hood installed"
In response to Reply # 10

you can get the exact same hood locks but that have a real carbon fiber piece in place of the big silver disk. they look much better than those are going to. I had those on my CF hood and they look like big nipples on your hood. The CF ones blend soo much better. THe key part is still silver, but the rest of the locks are carbon fiber.

satal95Feb-02-05 06:22 PM
Member since Aug 04th 2003
351 posts,
#81231, "RE: A few pics with the carbon fiber hood installed"
In response to Reply # 11

Originally posted by Pitchblack98
you can get the exact same hood locks but that have a real carbon fiber piece in place of the big silver disk. they look much better than those are going to. I had those on my CF hood and they look like big nipples on your hood. The CF ones blend soo much better. THe key part is still silver, but the rest of the locks are carbon fiber.

sparco makes these i bought mine for around $65 at my local tuner shop. look awesome though better than having the silver disc.

FlyinEsiFeb-03-05 03:28 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
#81250, "RE: A few pics with the carbon fiber hood installed"
In response to Reply # 12

Originally posted by satal95
Originally posted by Pitchblack98 you can get the exact same hood locks but that have a real carbon fiber piece in place of the big silver disk. they look much better than those are going to. I had those on my CF hood and they look like big nipples on your hood. The CF ones blend soo much better. THe key part is still silver, but the rest of the locks are carbon fiber.
sparco makes these i bought mine for around $65 at my local tuner shop. look awesome though better than having the silver disc.

I have the carbon fiber ones, just couldn't find a picture of them.

run4cvrFeb-03-05 05:08 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2477 posts,
#81274, "RE: A few pics with the carbon fiber hood installed"
In response to Reply # 13

Where was that meet?

John 96 GS

UberingramFeb-03-05 05:11 PM
Donating 2GNT member
10001 posts,
#81275, "RE: A few pics with the carbon fiber hood installed"
In response to Reply # 14

I don't like it, Dan. Your car was mucho sexy the way you brought over to my place.

AggressionFeb-04-05 04:14 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3025 posts,
#81288, "RE: A few pics with the carbon fiber hood installed"
In response to Reply # 15

I think it looks really really good IMO....but then again I am another one of the bias members!

--------------------

- 05 Subaru STi
- 97 eclipse gs (289whp w/ 276tq)

EclipseRSTFeb-04-05 05:11 AM
Member since Apr 17th 2002
5394 posts,
#81290, "RE: A few pics with the carbon fiber hood installed"
In response to Reply # 16

I don't like it. But I think it's because I love sleepers and your car looked stock. Not now...

HAVE: '04 Grand Prix GTP Comp G

SilverBullet20gFeb-04-05 06:14 AM
Member since Sep 25th 2004
558 posts,
#81297, "RE: A few pics with the carbon fiber hood installed"
In response to Reply # 17

It looks good!

(parting out 95 GS)

Ryan_HesFeb-04-05 06:18 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3450 posts,
#81298, "RE: A few pics with the carbon fiber hood installed"
In response to Reply # 18

In my opinion, I think your car looks better with the stock hood. I would sell the CF hood and invest in something else. Just my honest opinion, but you car looks good other than that. What rims did you choose?

Ryan
IRyanHester@Hotmail.com

'03 Mazda 6s

scothernFeb-04-05 07:46 AM
Member since Jul 07th 2002
998 posts,
#81301, "RE: A few pics with the carbon fiber hood installed"
In response to Reply # 19

I think it looks like crap. you need to take that hood off and give it to me.

Actually, I really liek it. CF is a close color match to yoru car so it really doesn't kill the sleeper look.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

99 Eclipse RS

"Can't we all just hit a Bong"?

HipHop615Feb-04-05 07:50 AM
Member since Sep 14th 2003
2333 posts,
#81302, "RE: A few pics with the carbon fiber hood installed"
In response to Reply # 20

I think it looks pretty clean, but its really just up to you man, if you end up not liking it I dont think it would be to hard to sell it to another fellow DSMer

Turbo8u - "I've never heard so many BOV's in my life at once..." (At So. Cali Meet-Up Sep. 25th)

Parts 4 Sale:

ADR GT Sport White Rims w/ Ventus Tires - $400
Sony CDX-444RF 10-CD Player - $90 Shipped OBO
Single 12" Sub Box - $15 OBO
95 Heater Core - $35 Shipped OBO
StreetGlow Stuff - $75 OBO

PARTING OUT 97-99 Eclipse RS

GROUP BUY OEM CF Hoods

http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=49&topic_id=3652&mode=full

Parts I Want/Need:

Levoc Auto Shifter
Polished/Chromed Valve Cover

Just Ask Q's & Make Offers (IM IN SO. CALI) HipHop615@yahoo.com

FlyinEsiFeb-04-05 08:22 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
#81307, "RE: A few pics with the carbon fiber hood installed"
In response to Reply # 21

John

It was a ClubSW meet at Pecos Park on Saturday @ 12:00, I found out about it at 12:30 and showed up late.
They had a meet at In-and-Out last night that I went to and got to meet up with Mario, the guy with the badass AWD Spyder. He just dropped in a new motor, new BB turbo, huge bastard, and he is wearing in the motor right now.

Uberingram

I liked it better too!!

Ryan_Hes

ADR Cypher, they are in, but I can't pick up until Mon/Tues because I have to wait for payment to clear on my credit card so it becomes available again.

Scothern

It's yours, e-mail me, you can buy it. Or else going in the For Sale section next week.

I'm going to try to sell local, but maybe we can work something out.

scothernFeb-04-05 09:14 AM
Member since Jul 07th 2002
998 posts,
#81310, "RE: A few pics with the carbon fiber hood installed"
In response to Reply # 22

Originally posted by FlyinEsi
Scothern
It's yours, e-mail me, you can buy it. Or else going in the For Sale section next week. I'm going to try to sell local, but maybe we can work something out.

I wish dude. I don't have the cash. Hence the term "Give it to me." I like it man. Why are you selling it?

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

99 Eclipse RS

"Can't we all just hit a Bong"?

dizzasticFeb-05-05 11:17 PM
Member since Jun 24th 2004
95 posts,
#81343, "RE: A few pics with the carbon fiber hood installed"
In response to Reply # 23

theres another idea you could do too thats if you got the hood for umm the weight factor which is possible but you could just get it painted. just my .02 cents

420a-TnthewerksFeb-06-05 05:21 AM
Member since Jun 11th 2004
2267 posts,
#81348, "RE: A few pics with the carbon fiber hood installed"
In response to Reply # 24

yeah you could paint it. but if you got the black cyphers, i would definately keep it. i think it looks really good with the gunmetal.

DAMN, EVERYBODY'S GETTING THE CYPHERS, I WANT THE CYPHERS lol.

kelvinb1Feb-06-05 06:38 AM
Member since Apr 06th 2004
1543 posts,
#81349, "RE: A few pics with the carbon fiber hood installed"
In response to Reply # 25

i like it.

TeamDR1665Feb-06-05 07:05 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#81350, "RE: A few pics with the carbon fiber hood installed"
In response to Reply # 22

It was a ClubSW meet at Pecos Park on Saturday @ 12:00, I found out about it at 12:30 and showed up late. They had a meet at In-and-Out last night that I went to and got to meet up with Mario, the guy with the badass AWD Spyder. He just dropped in a new motor, new BB turbo, huge bastard, and he is wearing in the motor right now.

Interesting... second person from 2GNT to move to Phoenix who doesn't get together with az2gnt... Oh well. At least you have a 4G63.

AggressionFeb-06-05 07:39 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3025 posts,
#81351, "RE: A few pics with the carbon fiber hood installed"
In response to Reply # 27

I think if he was trying to acheive the sleeper look he would try and hide the fmic with some black mesh or something. I think the fmic would give away more then the cf hood. The hood looks close to the factory hood that if you were rolling next to him you really wouldn't be able to tell unless you looked really closely. Plus if its night time, there is no way you could tell.

I love the hood man!

--------------------

- 05 Subaru STi

dizzasticFeb-06-05 08:51 AM
Member since Jun 24th 2004
95 posts,
#81355, "RE: A few pics with the carbon fiber hood installed"
In response to Reply # 28

you could also paint the fmic black as well...if you do it the right way to not clog the fins. just like at all the shows manufactuers intercoolers have there logo painted on the front like blitz,sparco, ect. Oh and forgot to say I liked the car either way.

pfmicksFeb-07-05 04:59 PM
Member since Oct 10th 2002
1349 posts,
#81392, "RE: A few pics with the carbon fiber hood installed"
In response to Reply # 29

I think the cf hood looks freaking dope.

I say keep it on

User banned for scamming members on 2GNT, WIDSM, and CHITOWNDSM. This user and his brother Jason Ames have been involved with theft of parts from other DSM members. This individual is not trustworthy and should not be involved in any type of sale.

BlizareFeb-07-05 07:10 PM
Donating 2GNT member
7595 posts,
#81403, "RE: A few pics with the carbon fiber hood installed"
In response to Reply # 30

take it off Dan.

that is all

I eat emo kids for breakfast

1995 Eagle Talon (SOLD)
72' SuperBeetle
72' Standard Beetle
56' Deluxe Beetle

FlyinEsiFeb-08-05 08:41 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
#81425, "RE: A few pics with the carbon fiber hood installed"
In response to Reply # 27

Originally posted by DR1665
Originally posted by FlyinEsi It was a ClubSW meet at Pecos Park on Saturday @ 12:00, I found out about it at 12:30 and showed up late. They had a meet at In-and-Out last night that I went to and got to meet up with Mario, the guy with the badass AWD Spyder. He just dropped in a new motor, new BB turbo, huge bastard, and he is wearing in the motor right now.
Interesting... second person from 2GNT to move to Phoenix who doesn't get together with az2gnt... Oh well. At least you have a 4G63.

Hmmmm Posted on the same day I hung out with only az2gnt guys!!!

AggressionFeb-08-05 09:26 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3025 posts,
#81428, "RE: A few pics with the carbon fiber hood installed"
In response to Reply # 32

so have you decided on whether you are keepin it or ditchin it?

--------------------

- 05 Subaru STi

FlyinEsiFeb-08-05 10:57 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
#81430, "RE: A few pics with the carbon fiber hood installed"
In response to Reply # 33

Originally posted by Aggression
so have you decided on whether you are keepin it or ditchin it?

Not yet, I get my new wheels today . . . they are going to look badass. I also just dropped my car another 3/4" all around. Looks mad pimpin. I'm going to see how the rims look with the hood on. I'm also going to a car show on Saturday. I've already talked to a few DSMers about buying my hood so it will stay on until then. I might sell it, but it might look wicked nice with the rims.

I need a few more days to decide. I'll get some pics up after this weekends car show and see what you guys think. Your opinions mean worlds to me.

FlyinEsiFeb-09-05 08:14 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
#81453, "RE: A few pics with the carbon fiber hood installed"
In response to Reply # 34

Sneak Peek...............................more to come after this weekend.

injendsmFeb-09-05 08:22 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6844 posts,
#81454, "RE: A few pics with the carbon fiber hood installed"
In response to Reply # 35

Sneak Peek...............................more to come after this weekend.

wow those look badass. i want more pics.

www.gregsorrells.com

http://ubanimator.com>

FlyinEsiFeb-09-05 08:24 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
#81455, "RE: A few pics with the carbon fiber hood installed"
In response to Reply # 36

I have more pics, but they are all a little blurry, I have all my old wheels in bags in the front and back seats, which looks shitty, and my car is dirty.

There will be some awesome pictures taken this weekend.

Be patient my son.

gofaster87Feb-09-05 06:45 PM
Member since Aug 30th 2003
113 posts,
#81469, "RE: A few pics with the carbon fiber hood installed"
In response to Reply # 37
Feb-09-05 06:46 PM by gofaster87

How much lighter is the cf hood over stock? If anything, if you dont like the look, keep the cf hood and paint it to match the car. Dropping weight is a big plus!!! Im a little biased over CF, my whole front clip on the Evo is carbon fiber.

Evo VIII, 98 Eclipse GS

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #81209 Previous topic | Next topic