Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #81209
View in threaded mode

Subject: "A few pics with the carbon fiber hood installed" 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Previous topic | Next topic
FlyinEsiFeb-02-05 01:21 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#81209, "A few pics with the carbon fiber hood installed"
Feb-02-05 01:23 PM by FlyinEsi

I have a few pictures someone else took this weekend of my car with the carbon fiber hood on. I have some better ones at my house, but I can't upload them, plus I have new rims coming, so I will get new pictures up in a couple weeks.

What do you think? I'm still torn if I like it or not.

if the pictures don't work, let me know.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
eclipse982nrRSTFeb-02-05 01:35 PM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#81211, "RE: A few pics with the carbon fiber hood installed"
In response to Reply # 0

i like, A++

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

csmakioFeb-02-05 01:55 PM
Member since Jun 18th 2003
412 posts,
#81212, "RE: A few pics with the carbon fiber hood installed"
In response to Reply # 1

Looks awesome dude, i say you get some Hood Pins on there to. I dont know but hood pins add alot IMO

HAHN Stage 1 \ Greddy Power Extreme 2.5'' Catback

optimuspetersonFeb-02-05 02:07 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2353 posts,
#81214, "RE: A few pics with the carbon fiber hood installed"
In response to Reply # 2

looks good, you should cut out the black plastic piece in the bumper.

http://home.bendcable.com/optimuspeterson <<<<HRC Stage 2 and Star Instructions
95 Eclipse - SOLD | 93 BMW 318is - SOLD | 2000 S-10 Extreme on 20's - SOLD
93 Toyota/shaved/bagged/body dropped - SOLD | 97 GSX - SOLD
2006 Scion tC

FlyinEsiFeb-02-05 02:10 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
#81215, "RE: A few pics with the carbon fiber hood installed"
In response to Reply # 3
Feb-02-05 02:17 PM by FlyinEsi

I thought about it, but that is a brand new bumper and I didn't want to potentially ruin it by cutting into it.

Oh yeah, and i have hood locks rather than hood pins, but they are not installed since i wasn't sure I was going to keep the hood. And I'm not sure how the locks will look either, I'm thinking about buying pins.

This is what I have

EvMan2345Feb-02-05 02:15 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1888 posts,
#81217, "RE: A few pics with the carbon fiber hood installed"
In response to Reply # 4

i like it, but then again, im biased...

Evan B
97 GS- FOR SALE
90 GSX-sold
Stamford CT
EvMan2345@aol.com

eclipse982nrRSTFeb-02-05 02:19 PM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
#81218, "RE: A few pics with the carbon fiber hood installed"
In response to Reply # 5

no offense, but those are the fugliest hood locks/pins ive EVER seen, lol. please dont use those!!!

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

csmakioFeb-02-05 02:21 PM
Member since Jun 18th 2003
412 posts,
#81219, "RE: A few pics with the carbon fiber hood installed"
In response to Reply # 6

I have sparco hood pins they look pimp

HAHN Stage 1 \ Greddy Power Extreme 2.5'' Catback

optimuspetersonFeb-02-05 02:32 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2353 posts,
#81220, "RE: A few pics with the carbon fiber hood installed"
In response to Reply # 7

so do you plan on removing your latch if you are gong to use those hood locks??

What I did was used regular hood pins and then also used the stock latch. But the kicker was that I installed a silenoid to pop the stock latch. At first it was just a hidden switch to pop it then I hooked it up to an aux in my alarm. So i would go to the front of the car and undo the pins and then hit the hidden switch and presto...my hood poped open.

Just think that with the hood locks if you want to keep your car running and pop the hood you will have to keep them on a seperate key ring.

http://home.bendcable.com/optimuspeterson <<<<HRC Stage 2 and Star Instructions
95 Eclipse - SOLD | 93 BMW 318is - SOLD | 2000 S-10 Extreme on 20's - SOLD
93 Toyota/shaved/bagged/body dropped - SOLD | 97 GSX - SOLD
2006 Scion tC

PowerEclipsesFeb-02-05 03:36 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3215 posts,
#81223, "RE: A few pics with the carbon fiber hood installed"
In response to Reply # 8

silver/ CF is great man you know! hah need hood pins and I think a splitter would just top that off i think it would look really good then

Boca Raton, Florida
95 Eclipse GS- sold
99 Eclipse GSX- 386awhp
98 Eclipse GS- sold
92 Prelude

sonikbewmFeb-02-05 04:42 PM
Member since Dec 01st 2001
4011 posts,
#81224, "RE: A few pics with the carbon fiber hood installed"
In response to Reply # 9

looks good. ditch those hood locks and just get the sparco pins.

Jason
'11 Ford Mustang GT/CS
'11 Ford Mustang V6 6-Speed (SOLD)
'04 Nissan 350z Touring (SOLD)
'95 Turbo Eclipse GS (SOLD and will be missed)
'90 Talon TSi AWD (SOLD)

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #81209 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Previous topic | Next topic