Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #105609
View in linear mode

Subject: "How do I remove guage wires going up the A-pillar?" Previous topic | Next topic
Guinness97Feb-11-12 09:57 PM
Member since Dec 06th 2004
89 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#105609, "How do I remove guage wires going up the A-pillar?"

I'm getting ready to sell my boost guage and am having real difficulty removing the wires running up the A-pillar. I'm trying to pull the wires down through the dash from above the clutch pedal and fuse box area. Apart from removing the whole dash, I am stumped on how to remove these wires. I'm real close to getting my wire cutters out....

Any ideas?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

ezFeb-12-12 02:59 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3461 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#105610, "RE: How do I remove guage wires going up the A-pillar?"
In response to Reply # 0

The wires should just pull out, but it depends on how crazy the person installing them was. Sometimes I do the flossing maneuver (pull the wire from the top and the bottom, back and forth) to see where the wire is getting stuck. Do not remove the dash when you can simply cut a wire, LOL.

2gnt: '99 RS-T, killed by a toyota, pending rebuild...
Daily: Volt
Daily #2: '99 EVG ebike- STOLEN by PEDRO

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Fallen4ng31Feb-13-12 02:54 PM
Donating 2GNT member
370 posts,
#105611, "RE: How do I remove guage wires going up the A-pillar?"
In response to Reply # 1

If the wiring is too crazy, just terminate them, and tuck them away out of sight.

1998 Eclipse RS-T - Totaled 4/23/09 -
1998 Eclipse GST - Stroked 2.3l, HX40 fed: Build in progress
2010 Subaru Outback Limited

I hate hipsters.

Guinness97Feb-14-12 08:07 AM
Member since Dec 06th 2004
89 posts,
#105612, "RE: How do I remove guage wires going up the A-pillar?"
In response to Reply # 2

I will have to try the flossing method. I would hate to terminate/cut the wires because I think my Talon deserves better. I may have to resort to it though...

Slo2gFeb-15-12 10:59 AM
Member since Feb 10th 2006
1074 posts,
#105613, "RE: How do I remove guage wires going up the A-pillar?"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by Fallen4ng31
If the wiring is too crazy, just terminate them, and tuck them away out of sight.

+1 and make sure to plug the vac line if its a mechanical gauge. Nothing wrong with it so you can install another one later if needed.

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #105609 Previous topic | Next topic