Go back to previous topic
Forum nameInterior/Exterior
Topic subjectHow do I remove guage wires going up the A-pillar?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=7&topic_id=105609
105609, How do I remove guage wires going up the A-pillar?
Posted by Guinness97, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I'm getting ready to sell my boost guage and am having real difficulty removing the wires running up the A-pillar. I'm trying to pull the wires down through the dash from above the clutch pedal and fuse box area. Apart from removing the whole dash, I am stumped on how to remove these wires. I'm real close to getting my wire cutters out....

Any ideas?

105610, RE: How do I remove guage wires going up the A-pillar?
Posted by ez, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
The wires should just pull out, but it depends on how crazy the person installing them was. Sometimes I do the flossing maneuver (pull the wire from the top and the bottom, back and forth) to see where the wire is getting stuck. Do not remove the dash when you can simply cut a wire, LOL.
105611, RE: How do I remove guage wires going up the A-pillar?
Posted by Fallen4ng31, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
If the wiring is too crazy, just terminate them, and tuck them away out of sight.
105612, RE: How do I remove guage wires going up the A-pillar?
Posted by Guinness97, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I will have to try the flossing method. I would hate to terminate/cut the wires because I think my Talon deserves better. I may have to resort to it though...
105613, RE: How do I remove guage wires going up the A-pillar?
Posted by Slo2g, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Fallen4ng31
If the wiring is too crazy, just terminate them, and tuck them away out of sight.

+1 and make sure to plug the vac line if its a mechanical gauge. Nothing wrong with it so you can install another one later if needed.
I generated this page in 0.0084290504455566 seconds, executing 7 queries.