Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #105066
View in linear mode

Subject: "Power window question" Previous topic | Next topic
electroheadNov-19-10 08:49 PM
Member since Dec 13th 2009
182 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#105066, "Power window question"

I've finally decided to get off my tired ass and install my power windows. I just installed the passenger side and I have no idea how to route the spider's web of wiring the correct (OEM) way. Also, do I need to install the driver's side window switch to allow my passenger side to work? I've been looking at the wiring diagrams in the Electrical Service Manual and it lists the driver's side switch as the main switch and the passenger side as the sub switch. This would explain why my window isn't going up (luckily the window is only 1/4" down). Just figure I'd ask before I start checking things unnecessarily. By the way, I looked under my dash and the relay for the power windows is installed (upper right corner of the four relay panel).

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

AdministratorCODE4Nov-19-10 09:49 PM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#105067, "RE: Power window question"
In response to Reply # 0

Not sure about the wiring, but yes, both switches must be hooked up for the circuit to work.

---

2012 2500HD LML

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

RoninEclipse2GNov-20-10 11:14 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#105068, "RE: Power window question"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by CODE4
Not sure about the wiring, but yes, both switches must be hooked up for the circuit to work.

This.

You can also use some test leads connected to the battery of a power drill to roll the window up and down in an emergency. Just connect them to the plug for the motor and touch the connectors on the battery. Depending on the polarity of your connection the window will go up or down.

Erik P.
Official 2GNT thread Hijacker
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...
All we know is, He's not The Stig... But he is The Stig's Spartan cousin!

electroheadNov-20-10 08:58 PM
182 posts,
#105069, "RE: Power window question"
In response to Reply # 2

Well, it official. I have joined the 21st century and I have power windows for the first time in over 6 years. Plus, the blue vent and window control bezels from boosted60trimrst's eclipse look pretty bad-ass as a nice contrast to the gray interior. I'm glad I retro'd LED panels into my dome light, 'cause it really makes the blue stand out.

electroheadNov-20-10 08:59 PM
182 posts,
#105070, "RE: Power window question"
In response to Reply # 3

... And thanks for the responses.

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #105066 Previous topic | Next topic