Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 6 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #104833
View in linear mode

Subject: "Plug question" Previous topic | Next topic
electroheadAug-02-10 08:54 AM
Member since Dec 13th 2009
182 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#104833, "Plug question"

I`ve been getting all the parts together to put fog lights in my 95 RS. I was looking at my wiring and theres an unused plug on the driver`s side wiring by the radiator taped up. Anybody know what it`s for?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Plug question, 420agreenvilleSC, Aug-02-10 10:47 AM, #1
RE: Plug question, electrohead, Aug-02-10 05:58 PM, #2
      RE: Plug question, RoninEclipse2G, Aug-06-10 12:06 PM, #3
           RE: Plug question, 420agreenvilleSC, Aug-06-10 03:36 PM, #4
                RE: Plug question, electrohead, Aug-06-10 11:42 PM, #5
                     RE: Plug question, electrohead, Aug-12-10 03:01 AM, #6
                          RE: Plug question, Moderatorteklein, Aug-18-10 01:15 PM, #7
                               RE: Plug question, electrohead, Aug-18-10 05:14 PM, #8

420agreenvilleSCAug-02-10 10:47 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#104835, "RE: Plug question"
In response to Reply # 0

post pic(s)

http://www.2gnt.com/quote_db.php?id=278

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

electroheadAug-02-10 05:58 PM
182 posts,
#104836, "RE: Plug question"
In response to Reply # 1

Here's a pic of the plug. I used my phone. Sorry for the quality.

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

RoninEclipse2GAug-06-10 12:06 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#104841, "RE: Plug question"
In response to Reply # 2

If it was taped back to the rest of the harness it should be the connector for the stock fog light harness.

Erik P.
Official 2GNT thread Hijacker
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...
All we know is, He's not The Stig... But he is The Stig's Spartan cousin!

420agreenvilleSCAug-06-10 03:36 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
#104843, "RE: Plug question"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by RoninEclipse2G
If it was taped back to the rest of the harness it should be the connector for the stock fog light harness.

yup

http://www.2gnt.com/quote_db.php?id=278

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

electroheadAug-06-10 11:42 PM
182 posts,
#104844, "RE: Plug question"
In response to Reply # 4

That's what I thought. But in the relay box, the spaces for the relay and fuse for fog lights have no connectors installed. Plus, there is no plug on the passenger side of the radiator, if in fact it is for the fog lights. Is there something I'm overlooking in making this wiring work for the foglights? Do I need to go to a salvage yard and pick up any other components from a donor car? I'm trying to use as much factory wiring as possible.

electroheadAug-12-10 03:01 AM
182 posts,
#104848, "RE: Plug question"
In response to Reply # 5

After getting tired of trying to find what this wire is for and where it goes (or ends) I've decided to go with a universal fog light wiring kit. I'll be using a kit with a relay. Which wires on the factory fog light switch will I need to splice into? I'm still trying to make it all look as OEM as possible.

ModeratortekleinAug-18-10 01:15 PM
Member since Nov 04th 2007
1699 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#104849, "RE: Plug question"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by electrohead
After getting tired of trying to find what this wire is for and where it goes (or ends) I've decided to go with a universal fog light wiring kit. I'll be using a kit with a relay. Which wires on the factory fog light switch will I need to splice into? I'm still trying to make it all look as OEM as possible.

Use a multimer and ohm it out. I think its green and green/white. They are the actual switched ones. I just did this not too long ago.

Also, non fog cars are not wired into the engine bay for lights, thats why you cant find the harness

electroheadAug-18-10 05:14 PM
182 posts,
#104851, "RE: Plug question"
In response to Reply # 7

Thanks. When you wired your fogs, did you use an existing hole in the firewall for the switch wires, or did you drill a new one. I just wish I new what that plug is supposed to be for.

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #104833 Previous topic | Next topic