Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #104817
View in linear mode

Subject: "New Hood: Oem Carbon Fiber or Stock?" Previous topic | Next topic
kvoriley27Jul-29-10 06:54 AM
Member since Jun 08th 2010
34 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#104817, "New Hood: Oem Carbon Fiber or Stock?"

I want to either get the oem style carbon fiber hood or just get a new hood and get it painted.

Even though the carbon fiber is a bit more, is it cheaper just to buy the carbon fiber hood so i dont have to paint it?

Gimme your opinions pleasse.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: New Hood: Oem Carbon Fiber or Stock?, bagged420a, Jul-29-10 08:09 AM, #1
RE: New Hood: Oem Carbon Fiber or Stock?, megaskillz, Jul-29-10 08:41 AM, #2
      RE: New Hood: Oem Carbon Fiber or Stock?, dalesmitsu, Jul-29-10 01:42 PM, #3
           RE: New Hood: Oem Carbon Fiber or Stock?, ez, Jul-30-10 07:42 PM, #4
                RE: New Hood: Oem Carbon Fiber or Stock?, RoninEclipse2G, Jul-31-10 01:38 PM, #5
                     RE: New Hood: Oem Carbon Fiber or Stock?, csmauley, Sep-06-10 07:22 PM, #6
                          RE: New Hood: Oem Carbon Fiber or Stock?, Flipadelphia, Sep-09-10 06:32 PM, #7
RE: New Hood: Oem Carbon Fiber or Stock?, csmauley, Jan-03-11 08:34 PM, #8
RE: New Hood: Oem Carbon Fiber or Stock?, shuwa29, Jan-03-11 09:55 PM, #9
      RE: New Hood: Oem Carbon Fiber or Stock?, 420agreenvilleSC, Jan-04-11 05:44 PM, #10
RE: New Hood: Oem Carbon Fiber or Stock?, Geimers1, Jan-14-11 08:41 PM, #11

bagged420aJul-29-10 08:09 AM
Member since Mar 11th 2009
107 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#104818, "RE: New Hood: Oem Carbon Fiber or Stock?"
In response to Reply # 0

Get the CF and paint it.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

megaskillzJul-29-10 08:41 AM
Member since Oct 12th 2008
105 posts,
#104819, "RE: New Hood: Oem Carbon Fiber or Stock?"
In response to Reply # 1

Even if you go with the carbon hood, I suggest that you at least get it clear coated. No matter what the manufacturer says it grade A carbon, it will fade without clear coat.

dalesmitsuJul-29-10 01:42 PM
Member since May 13th 2006
986 posts,
#104821, "RE: New Hood: Oem Carbon Fiber or Stock?"
In response to Reply # 2

You can get a oem hood from Miller Imports, his prices are great and a vendor you advertising.

If you ebay route for carbon hood, good with either Vis or seibon make sure it has the metal stamp near hood latch. One other thing, expect to see the shipped box be f'up from freight carrier like fedex, when I order my box was trashed but the hood was in godd condition. Fedex shipping called me for diretctions and asked why a small box like a hood is using seme truck shipping, lady was pissed and when hood showed the box was trashed, same thing happend to my fender/front bumper. I did bought a vis oem hood from ebay cost was 250 plus 300 to ship.

machv.com sells seibon oem hood also.

__
1995 gs Saved from the crusher
1998 RS gone to(Dsm Heaven)
1997 gs gone to Dsm heaven

ezJul-30-10 07:42 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3461 posts,
#104825, "RE: New Hood: Oem Carbon Fiber or Stock?"
In response to Reply # 3

I don't care what anyone says, if the choice is between CF and ANYTHING else, go with CF.

EVERY

SINGLE

TIME.

2gnt: '99 RS-T, killed by a toyota, pending rebuild...
Daily: Volt
Daily #2: '99 EVG ebike- STOLEN by PEDRO

RoninEclipse2GJul-31-10 01:38 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#104826, "RE: New Hood: Oem Carbon Fiber or Stock?"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by ez
I don't care what anyone says, if the choice is between CF and ANYTHING else, go with CF. EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Junkie.

We really need to get you into rehab man.

Erik P.
Official 2GNT thread Hijacker
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...
All we know is, He's not The Stig... But he is The Stig's Spartan cousin!

csmauleySep-06-10 07:22 PM
Member since Sep 06th 2010
15 posts,
#104877, "RE: New Hood: Oem Carbon Fiber or Stock?"
In response to Reply # 5

Well it just depends on what you want, are you going just for a replacement, or are you trying to mod out your car?

That should answer the question for you.

FlipadelphiaSep-09-10 06:32 PM
Member since Sep 02nd 2010
58 posts,
#104882, "RE: New Hood: Oem Carbon Fiber or Stock?"
In response to Reply # 6

CF hoods do have clear coats on them, actually, a bunch. If you get a CF hood though I suggest putting the heat resistant stuff onto it or you'll have to wetsand and repair it in 6 months cause it'll look like shit.

csmauleyJan-03-11 08:34 PM
Member since Sep 06th 2010
15 posts,
#105147, "RE: New Hood: Oem Carbon Fiber or Stock?"
In response to Reply # 0

cf and put another clear coat on top.

shuwa29Jan-03-11 09:55 PM
Member since Mar 15th 2002
2301 posts,
#105151, "RE: New Hood: Oem Carbon Fiber or Stock?"
In response to Reply # 8

dude, every post of yours is bringing up threads that are older and older. this one is from september!!!

later

2GNT #1865
2006 Yamaha YZF R6 (Blue/Black)
2005 Honda CBR 600 RR (Blue REPSOL)
2003 BMW 325I Premium/Sport Package
2003 Honda CBR 600 RR (sold)
1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS (sold)
Shuwa's links:
http://www.facebook.com/Shuwa29
http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b50/shuwa29/

DarkOne> but we all have that inner ricer that is just dying to come out sometimes...

420agreenvilleSCJan-04-11 05:44 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
#105153, "RE: New Hood: Oem Carbon Fiber or Stock?"
In response to Reply # 9

Originally posted by shuwa29
dude, every post of yours is bringing up threads that are older and older. this one is from september!!! later

he's just trying to fulfill his minimum post requirement to sell on the BST section on here. mods are watching.

http://www.2gnt.com/quote_db.php?id=278

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

Geimers1Jan-14-11 08:41 PM
Member since Dec 15th 2010
20 posts,
#105174, "RE: New Hood: Oem Carbon Fiber or Stock?"
In response to Reply # 0

get the carbon fiber go with the style got to get the evo carbon fiber hood

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #104817 Previous topic | Next topic