Go back to previous topic
Forum nameInterior/Exterior
Topic subjectNew Hood: Oem Carbon Fiber or Stock?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=7&topic_id=104817
104817, New Hood: Oem Carbon Fiber or Stock?
Posted by kvoriley27, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I want to either get the oem style carbon fiber hood or just get a new hood and get it painted.

Even though the carbon fiber is a bit more, is it cheaper just to buy the carbon fiber hood so i dont have to paint it?

Gimme your opinions pleasse.
104818, RE: New Hood: Oem Carbon Fiber or Stock?
Posted by bagged420a, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Get the CF and paint it.
104819, RE: New Hood: Oem Carbon Fiber or Stock?
Posted by megaskillz, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Even if you go with the carbon hood, I suggest that you at least get it clear coated. No matter what the manufacturer says it grade A carbon, it will fade without clear coat.
104821, RE: New Hood: Oem Carbon Fiber or Stock?
Posted by dalesmitsu, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
You can get a oem hood from Miller Imports, his prices are great and a vendor you advertising.

If you ebay route for carbon hood, good with either Vis or seibon make sure it has the metal stamp near hood latch. One other thing, expect to see the shipped box be f'up from freight carrier like fedex, when I order my box was trashed but the hood was in godd condition. Fedex shipping called me for diretctions and asked why a small box like a hood is using seme truck shipping, lady was pissed and when hood showed the box was trashed, same thing happend to my fender/front bumper. I did bought a vis oem hood from ebay cost was 250 plus 300 to ship.

machv.com sells seibon oem hood also.
104825, RE: New Hood: Oem Carbon Fiber or Stock?
Posted by ez, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I don't care what anyone says, if the choice is between CF and ANYTHING else, go with CF.

EVERY

SINGLE

TIME.
104826, RE: New Hood: Oem Carbon Fiber or Stock?
Posted by RoninEclipse2G, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by ez
I don't care what anyone says, if the choice is between CF and ANYTHING else, go with CF. EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Junkie.

We really need to get you into rehab man.
104877, RE: New Hood: Oem Carbon Fiber or Stock?
Posted by csmauley, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Well it just depends on what you want, are you going just for a replacement, or are you trying to mod out your car?

That should answer the question for you.
104882, RE: New Hood: Oem Carbon Fiber or Stock?
Posted by Flipadelphia, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
CF hoods do have clear coats on them, actually, a bunch. If you get a CF hood though I suggest putting the heat resistant stuff onto it or you'll have to wetsand and repair it in 6 months cause it'll look like shit.
105147, RE: New Hood: Oem Carbon Fiber or Stock?
Posted by csmauley, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
cf and put another clear coat on top.
105151, RE: New Hood: Oem Carbon Fiber or Stock?
Posted by shuwa29, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
dude, every post of yours is bringing up threads that are older and older. this one is from september!!!

later
105153, RE: New Hood: Oem Carbon Fiber or Stock?
Posted by 420agreenvilleSC, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by shuwa29
dude, every post of yours is bringing up threads that are older and older. this one is from september!!! later

he's just trying to fulfill his minimum post requirement to sell on the BST section on here. mods are watching.
105174, RE: New Hood: Oem Carbon Fiber or Stock?
Posted by Geimers1, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
get the carbon fiber go with the style got to get the evo carbon fiber hood
I generated this page in 0.010017871856689 seconds, executing 7 queries.