Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #104063
View in linear mode

Subject: "Stealth Mode Light Cut Off Switch" Previous topic | Next topic
greekgodchaos2Sep-16-09 07:34 PM
Member since Mar 02nd 2008
55 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#104063, "Stealth Mode Light Cut Off Switch"

Hey, I was wondering if anyone can tell me how to wire up my external lights to one toggle switch to then be grounded or something so that even when I hit the brake pedals the lights wont come on. This is mainly just a fun mod on my stealthy car project but I am very curious about how to do this. Thanks guys!

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T
FMIC, T3/T4 Turbo, TIAL Wastegate, Walboro 255, 12:1 FMU, MBC, FCD, Remanufactured Transmission w/ Cryo'd Synchros, Stage 1 Racing Clutch, Glowshift Gauges, 30000k HID, Blacked Out Taillights, 5% Window Tint, Evo 3 Racing Seats, Greddy Type-S BOV, Reventon Inspired Interior, Pilot Foglights.

Coming Soon: GSX Spoiler, CF OEM Hood, 30000k High Beam HID's, New Shocks/Springs, 2" Drop, LED Tail lights, Lip Kit+New OEM Bumper (Mines kinda effed up), OEM Foglights, 440cc 4g63 Injectors, SAFC 2?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

ezSep-16-09 08:24 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3461 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#104065, "RE: Stealth Mode Light Cut Off Switch"
In response to Reply # 0

(Just as long as you don't do this on the street)

There is a switch next to the brake pedal that you can intercept, and put an inline switch into. That's the easiest route, because if you try to do it at the back of the car near the tail lights, you'll have to intercept every wire that connects to a brake bulb (I think it's four + the third brake light).

2gnt: '99 RS-T, killed by a toyota, pending rebuild...
Daily: Volt
Daily #2: '99 EVG ebike- STOLEN by PEDRO

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ModeratorCorbinSep-17-09 06:17 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2552 posts,
#104066, "RE: Stealth Mode Light Cut Off Switch"
In response to Reply # 1

You might make it a momentary switch, just to make sure you don't leave it off when you need brake lights (rush hour traffic). Your cruise control will likely be disabled when you have the switch off (open).

Corbin
'95 ESI-T

Now with more power and fewer leaks

Humble servant of the Wiki

nicho919Oct-10-09 03:24 AM
Member since Apr 12th 2009
93 posts,
#104161, "RE: Stealth Mode Light Cut Off Switch"
In response to Reply # 2

Do _NOT_ do this on the street. You aren't Alex Roy or "Torquenstein". What possible reason could you have to make this mod? The ONLY possible reason is to elude someone.

I'm broke, it's broken. I'm broke because it's broken. It's broken because I'm broke.

Simplicity Car Club - Founding Member

clipse97Oct-25-09 07:49 PM
Member since Jan 10th 2009
25 posts,
#104187, "RE: Stealth Mode Light Cut Off Switch"
In response to Reply # 3

yea theres only one thing u would need to be stealth to do lol

TuxdreamerxOct-31-09 09:42 PM
Donating 2GNT member
384 posts,
#104209, "RE: Stealth Mode Light Cut Off Switch"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by nicho919
Do _NOT_ do this on the street. You aren't Alex Roy or "Torquenstein". What possible reason could you have to make this mod? The ONLY possible reason is to elude someone.

Maybe he has a crazy ex. Seriously or he might be undercover. Come on there are possible reasons.

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #104063 Previous topic | Next topic