Go back to previous topic
Forum nameInterior/Exterior
Topic subjectStealth Mode Light Cut Off Switch
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=7&topic_id=104063
104063, Stealth Mode Light Cut Off Switch
Posted by greekgodchaos2, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Hey, I was wondering if anyone can tell me how to wire up my external lights to one toggle switch to then be grounded or something so that even when I hit the brake pedals the lights wont come on. This is mainly just a fun mod on my stealthy car project :P but I am very curious about how to do this. Thanks guys!
104065, RE: Stealth Mode Light Cut Off Switch
Posted by ez, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
(Just as long as you don't do this on the street)

There is a switch next to the brake pedal that you can intercept, and put an inline switch into. That's the easiest route, because if you try to do it at the back of the car near the tail lights, you'll have to intercept every wire that connects to a brake bulb (I think it's four + the third brake light).
104066, RE: Stealth Mode Light Cut Off Switch
Posted by Corbin, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
You might make it a momentary switch, just to make sure you don't leave it off when you need brake lights (rush hour traffic). Your cruise control will likely be disabled when you have the switch off (open).

Corbin
'95 ESI-T

Now with more power and fewer leaks

Humble servant of the Wiki
104161, RE: Stealth Mode Light Cut Off Switch
Posted by nicho919, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Do _NOT_ do this on the street. You aren't Alex Roy or "Torquenstein". What possible reason could you have to make this mod? The ONLY possible reason is to elude someone.
104187, RE: Stealth Mode Light Cut Off Switch
Posted by clipse97, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
yea theres only one thing u would need to be stealth to do lol
104209, RE: Stealth Mode Light Cut Off Switch
Posted by Tuxdreamerx, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by nicho919
Do _NOT_ do this on the street. You aren't Alex Roy or "Torquenstein". What possible reason could you have to make this mod? The ONLY possible reason is to elude someone.

Maybe he has a crazy ex. Seriously or he might be undercover. Come on there are possible reasons.
I generated this page in 0.0079121589660645 seconds, executing 7 queries.