Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #102906
View in threaded mode

Subject: "look what i got today in a junkyard! " 1 | 2 | 3 | Previous topic | Next topic
boostdtalonFeb-17-09 06:36 AM
Member since Jan 18th 2009
47 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#102906, "look what i got today in a junkyard! "

so decided to got to the junk yard with some friends to help them find parts for there honda's. well i split off and browse around alittle. i about shit myself when i found a 97-99 RS sitting in front of me. well in my efforts to return my GS back to running order. i ran over to see that the car was an auto. decided that maybe i could salvage the headlights and if i'm lucky the taillights are still intact. sure enough it's all there and in decent shape.

on the way home i picked up a powerball and already have some plastx at the house. so hopefully the headlights are able to be saved. i'll post up once i've tried the powerball.

oh yeah i payed $100 for everything!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3
boostdtalonFeb-14-09 07:57 PM
47 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#102924, "RE: look what i got today in a junkyard! "
In response to Reply # 10

well made another trip to the junk yards today. low and behold not only did i find myself a NV-T350 trannie i found two of them. one without the bellhousing. and i also snagged myself a 2Gb rear bumper.

taking the trannies monday to be flushed and inspected by my friends transmission shop.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

dalesmitsuFeb-15-09 05:05 AM
Member since May 13th 2006
986 posts,
#102926, "RE: look what i got today in a junkyard! "
In response to Reply # 0
Feb-15-09 11:59 PM by dalesmitsu

Originally posted by boostdtalon
so decided to got to the junk yard with some friends to help them find parts for there honda's. well i split off and browse around alittle. i about shit myself when i found a 97-99 RS sitting in front of me. well in my efforts to return my GS back to running order. i ran over to see that the car was an auto. decided that maybe i could salvage the headlights and if i'm lucky the taillights are still intact. sure enough it's all there and in decent shape. on the way home i picked up a powerball and already have some plastx at the house. so hopefully the headlights are able to be saved. i'll post up once i've tried the powerball. oh yeah i payed $100 for everything!

Great bargin place i go would charge 100 each

1slw97Feb-15-09 03:08 PM
Member since Aug 13th 2008
129 posts,
#102927, "RE: look what i got today in a junkyard! "
In response to Reply # 12

What does that yellow tag say on the trans?? Looks like you might have got you a rebuilt trans.

97 Eclipse GS, 2.2 stroker,Gt35R,MSNS,E85 @20psi. 450hp 370tq..With issues

boostdtalonFeb-15-09 03:18 PM
47 posts,
#102928, "RE: look what i got today in a junkyard! "
In response to Reply # 13

It says to uses mits and mopar trans fluid with the part numbers on it. The one without the bellhousing looks amazing.

boostdtalonFeb-17-09 06:36 AM
47 posts,
#102946, "RE: look what i got today in a junkyard! "
In response to Reply # 14

Every 2g had the handles removed. But the interior was pretty much intact on all of them.

dalesmitsuFeb-17-09 01:37 AM
Member since May 13th 2006
986 posts,
#102948, "RE: look what i got today in a junkyard! "
In response to Reply # 11
Feb-17-09 01:38 AM by dalesmitsu

Originally posted by boostdtalon
well made another trip to the junk yards today. low and behold not only did i find myself a NV-T350 trannie i found two of them. one without the bellhousing. and i also snagged myself a 2Gb rear bumper. taking the trannies monday to be flushed and inspected by my friends transmission shop.

The mtx NV-T350 trannies without the bellhousing are the reliable ones look for when shopping for the atx to mtx swap.

How much did it cost you

boostdtalonFeb-17-09 08:21 AM
47 posts,
#102950, "RE: look what i got today in a junkyard! "
In response to Reply # 16

Originally posted by dalesmitsu
Originally posted by boostdtalon well made another trip to the junk yards today. low and behold not only did i find myself a NV-T350 trannie i found two of them. one without the bellhousing. and i also snagged myself a 2Gb rear bumper. taking the trannies monday to be flushed and inspected by my friends transmission shop.
The mtx NV-T350 trannies without the bellhousing are the reliable ones look for when shopping for the atx to mtx swap. How much did it cost you

my car was already a 5 speed so all i'll have to do is pull the bellhousing from my busted trannie and i'll have two complete trannies. $150 for both of them.

nrberndsenFeb-18-09 01:24 PM
Member since Sep 13th 2006
36 posts,
#102953, "RE: look what i got today in a junkyard! "
In response to Reply # 15

nice finds at a good price...all the yards i normally found thing dont let you go and pull your own stuff anymore and charge out the ass all of the sudden.

boostdtalonFeb-18-09 09:51 PM
47 posts,
#102955, "RE: look what i got today in a junkyard! "
In response to Reply # 18

Originally posted by nrberndsen
nice finds at a good price...all the yards i normally found thing dont let you go and pull your own stuff anymore and charge out the ass all of the sudden.

yeah thank god there are a couple of these in San Diego. i know finding these parts will be alittle easier here vice back in NC. now the only parts i have left to salvage is sideskirts and a front bumper and my body will be complete. other thing i'll need after that is springs and struts.

nrberndsenFeb-18-09 10:17 PM
Member since Sep 13th 2006
36 posts,
#102956, "RE: look what i got today in a junkyard! "
In response to Reply # 19

sounds like a good deal...happy searching

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #102906 1 | 2 | 3 | Previous topic | Next topic