Go back to previous topic
Forum nameInterior/Exterior
Topic subjectlook what i got today in a junkyard!
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=7&topic_id=102906
102906, look what i got today in a junkyard!
Posted by boostdtalon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
so decided to got to the junk yard with some friends to help them find parts for there honda's. well i split off and browse around alittle. i about shit myself when i found a 97-99 RS sitting in front of me. well in my efforts to return my GS back to running order. i ran over to see that the car was an auto. decided that maybe i could salvage the headlights and if i'm lucky the taillights are still intact. sure enough it's all there and in decent shape.

on the way home i picked up a powerball and already have some plastx at the house. so hopefully the headlights are able to be saved. i'll post up once i've tried the powerball.

oh yeah i payed $100 for everything!

:D
102907, RE: look what i got today in a junkyard!
Posted by cs82685, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by boostdtalon
so decided to got to the junk yard with some friends to help them find parts for there honda's. well i split off and browse around alittle. i about shit myself when i found a 97-99 RS sitting in front of me. well in my efforts to return my GS back to running order. i ran over to see that the car was an auto. decided that maybe i could salvage the headlights and if i'm lucky the taillights are still intact. sure enough it's all there and in decent shape. oh yeah i payed $100 for everything! :D

good deal, I just sold a set of 2gb headlights (all be it with less haze) for $100+shipping. You basically got the tails for free (although they go cheap on ebay anyways)

Makes me wanna go to the junkyard tomorrow and see if there's anything new :D
102908, RE: look what i got today in a junkyard!
Originally posted by cs82685
good deal, I just sold a set of 2gb headlights (all be it with less haze) for $100+shipping. You basically got the tails for free (although they go cheap on ebay anyways) Makes me wanna go to the junkyard tomorrow and see if there's anything new :D

yeah well i wasn't planning on buying anything yet and i couldn't skip this chance for parts. oh here's what the headlights look like now.

there is a residue on one headlight that hasn't come off. but i can't complain about how they look now.
102909, RE: look what i got today in a junkyard!
Posted by cs82685, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
They cleaned up nicely, good job :thumbsup

BTW you may be able to get rid of that one spot you're having issues with by doing a little light wet sanding
102910, RE: look what i got today in a junkyard!
Posted by Nemo, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
far out! There ain't a one of those things in a junkyard in all of SoCal.
102911, RE: look what i got today in a junkyard!
Originally posted by Nemo
far out! There ain't a one of those things in a junkyard in all of SoCal.

actually i'm in san diego. :D i know where a couple are. going to hit them up tomorrow.
102912, RE: look what i got today in a junkyard!
Posted by 95eclipse420A, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Not to thread jack, but i went out to the local pull a part today, and got a set of 2gb headlights that should clean up really nice, and a rear disk conversion w/ new wheel hubs for..... 50$ :). We should sticky this and make it a "what you found at the Junkyard" thread or something.
102914, RE: look what i got today in a junkyard!
Posted by teklein, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Mine looked worse than those, and had that same type of "drip".

Id recommended wetsading with 1000 to 2500 grit, then hand buff with Meguiars ScratchX and SwirlX. Follow up with PlastX again and they should be cyrstal clear :thumbsup
102915, RE: look what i got today in a junkyard!
Posted by RoninEclipse2G, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by teklein
Mine looked worse than those, and had that same type of "drip".

It's usually bird droppings that's etched the lexan. wetsanding is the only way to remove that.

good find on the lamps. I need to get out to the yards once it warms up around here. unfortunately 2Gb cars are super rare. A's are pretty common though.
102918, RE: look what i got today in a junkyard!
Well with alittle wetsanding and plastx. The spot came off and the headlights look awesome. Too bad I can't put them on the car till may.
102921, RE: look what i got today in a junkyard!
You might want to hit up halfass, it appears that he needs a set if you need some quick cash
102924, RE: look what i got today in a junkyard!
well made another trip to the junk yards today. low and behold not only did i find myself a NV-T350 trannie i found two of them. one without the bellhousing. and i also snagged myself a 2Gb rear bumper.

taking the trannies monday to be flushed and inspected by my friends transmission shop. :D
102926, RE: look what i got today in a junkyard!
Posted by dalesmitsu, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
so decided to got to the junk yard with some friends to help them find parts for there honda's. well i split off and browse around alittle. i about shit myself when i found a 97-99 RS sitting in front of me. well in my efforts to return my GS back to running order. i ran over to see that the car was an auto. decided that maybe i could salvage the headlights and if i'm lucky the taillights are still intact. sure enough it's all there and in decent shape. on the way home i picked up a powerball and already have some plastx at the house. so hopefully the headlights are able to be saved. i'll post up once i've tried the powerball. oh yeah i payed $100 for everything! :D

Great bargin place i go would charge 100 each
102927, RE: look what i got today in a junkyard!
Posted by 1slw97, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
What does that yellow tag say on the trans?? Looks like you might have got you a rebuilt trans.
102928, RE: look what i got today in a junkyard!
It says to uses mits and mopar trans fluid with the part numbers on it. The one without the bellhousing looks amazing.
102946, RE: look what i got today in a junkyard!
Every 2g had the handles removed. But the interior was pretty much intact on all of them.
102948, RE: look what i got today in a junkyard!
well made another trip to the junk yards today. low and behold not only did i find myself a NV-T350 trannie i found two of them. one without the bellhousing. and i also snagged myself a 2Gb rear bumper. taking the trannies monday to be flushed and inspected by my friends transmission shop. :D

The mtx NV-T350 trannies without the bellhousing are the reliable ones look for when shopping for the atx to mtx swap.

How much did it cost you
102950, RE: look what i got today in a junkyard!
Originally posted by dalesmitsu
Originally posted by boostdtalon well made another trip to the junk yards today. low and behold not only did i find myself a NV-T350 trannie i found two of them. one without the bellhousing. and i also snagged myself a 2Gb rear bumper. taking the trannies monday to be flushed and inspected by my friends transmission shop. :D
The mtx NV-T350 trannies without the bellhousing are the reliable ones look for when shopping for the atx to mtx swap. How much did it cost you

my car was already a 5 speed so all i'll have to do is pull the bellhousing from my busted trannie and i'll have two complete trannies. $150 for both of them. :D
102953, RE: look what i got today in a junkyard!
Posted by nrberndsen, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
nice finds at a good price...all the yards i normally found thing dont let you go and pull your own stuff anymore and charge out the ass all of the sudden.
102955, RE: look what i got today in a junkyard!
Originally posted by nrberndsen
nice finds at a good price...all the yards i normally found thing dont let you go and pull your own stuff anymore and charge out the ass all of the sudden.

yeah thank god there are a couple of these in San Diego. i know finding these parts will be alittle easier here vice back in NC. now the only parts i have left to salvage is sideskirts and a front bumper and my body will be complete. other thing i'll need after that is springs and struts.
102956, RE: look what i got today in a junkyard!
Posted by nrberndsen, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
sounds like a good deal...happy searching
102958, RE: look what i got today in a junkyard!
Posted by scorpo86, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i have a crap load of pull it yourself junk yard. out of all the years i have gone i have never seen and 2g in there. i just find advengers. nice find
102960, RE: look what i got today in a junkyard!
Originally posted by scorpo86
i have a crap load of pull it yourself junk yard. out of all the years i have gone i have never seen and 2g in there. i just find advengers. nice find

yeah thats why i was so happy when i found them. everytime i did find one it was striped and i never found anything i could use till now.
102967, RE: look what i got today in a junkyard!
i've been thinking about painting the car panda or keeping it black. what do ya'll think? i mean the bumper i got for the car is white.

stable: 05' Evo MR
95' GS (part of jackstand racing since 05')
102969, RE: look what i got today in a junkyard!
white with a black top? that always looks good.
102970, RE: look what i got today in a junkyard!
yeah like a talon. i've loved that look since i first had my talon. it was black and red.
102978, RE: look what i got today in a junkyard!
Originally posted by RoninEclipse2G
white with a black top? that always looks good.

I'm doing this to my white 2g I already have a Vis hood 2.5 tint my 16 stocker blackout this summer and I might buy a CF hatch either paint the black keep it factory but wingless.

I agree about junkyard rates but there's place that lets me pull the part, depends on what it is he'll let me have it Freebie or small fee. They also have a few of each cloud cars or DSM. Once I saw 99 2g going for 1500 it had minor front end damage, its luck on certain days.

I've heard good things about local Repo-auctions too, you guys might wanna look into them.
102985, RE: look what i got today in a junkyard!
yeah i've been to auctions back home since most of my friends and family have licenses for the big auto auctions. i'll probably go with them again when i get back to NC.
103172, RE: look what i got today in a junkyard!
Posted by klynt96rst, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
nice score! espcially for 100!! most junkyards around here want over 100 for a pair of lights by themselves!!
104762, RE: look what i got today in a junkyard!
Posted by dsm247, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
thats a great buy man
I generated this page in 0.0088150501251221 seconds, executing 7 queries.