Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #100497
View in linear mode

Subject: "2ga sideskirts, install question" Previous topic | Next topic
RS2GFeb-05-08 02:35 PM
Member since Nov 28th 2007
43 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#100497, "2ga sideskirts, install question"

hello, i bought some 2ga sideskirts no doorcaps. but im missing all the components to install it, i tried autozone and strauss but couldnt find anything, what's it called? or where do you buy them? thank you in advance.

Johnny

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: 2ga sideskirts, install question, foggy45, Feb-05-08 05:49 PM, #1
RE: 2ga sideskirts, install question, boosted60trimrst, Feb-06-08 10:30 AM, #2
RE: 2ga sideskirts, install question, RS2G, Feb-06-08 05:21 PM, #3
      RE: 2ga sideskirts, install question, boosted60trimrst, Feb-06-08 05:36 PM, #4
           RE: 2ga sideskirts, install question, foggy45, Feb-07-08 12:51 PM, #6
RE: 2ga sideskirts, install question, scirio, Feb-07-08 11:31 AM, #5

foggy45Feb-05-08 05:49 PM
Member since Dec 28th 2003
1032 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#100500, "RE: 2ga sideskirts, install question"
In response to Reply # 0

which part you looking for? the door caps? or the skirt install hardwear?
Door caps- $110 from dealer get these from here or a junk yard
hardwear- $3-5 EACH PLUG from dealer. get these from the junkyard or use the body fastners from a nissan ($1.50 for 5 of them)

on the bottom of the skirs are screw holes these are just std panel screws

hint: when you get this fitted and are ready for final install, get a tube of Window Urethane and run a FINE bead along the edge of the panel and then install. this will keep the skirt flush with the body and look nicer (cuts out the inherent waves in the urethane skirt)

Best sum up of working on a 2GNT
DR1665- "#5. Spike that motherfucker on the garage floor and grab a beer. You deserve it."

Ahhhh Priceless . . .
eclipse982nrRST "its actually lightish red"
RoninEclipse2G "yeah, they already have a color for that... it's called PINK"

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

boosted60trimrstFeb-06-08 10:30 AM
Member since Sep 10th 2005
1183 posts,
#100506, "RE: 2ga sideskirts, install question"
In response to Reply # 1

make sure if you get the panel clips from a nissan that you didnt drill the hole already for the clips that are supposed to be used cuz the nissan are a hair smaller . i made that mistake then had to buy then 4 3 bucks a piece at mitsu . The way i installed them was by putting silicone on the end of all the clips then pushed the skirt into the body then pull off and you will have the marks for all the holes . Make sure you make the holes a tad smaller . i also had that problem. Then on the bottom just use self tapping screws with washers .

LED tails : Done for now!
99 eclipse rst
cobalt blue met. paint,star stage 2 upgraded t3/t460trim turbo ceramic coated , polished compressor housing, ,optima yellow top, chrome i/c piping ,front mount ntercooler ,apexi turbo timer . zeitronix wb02 ,faze oil ,boost gauge,egt ,bosch 4x plugs,kyb agx struts, pro kit springs.17''adr venomous rims,Falken azenis ,brembo dilled/slotted rotors ,turbo xs bov ,oil catch can,manual shiftknob,autometer pyrometer egt , vortech sfmu,b&m fuel pressure gauge ,accel 310cc injectors ,gasketmatched and polished intake manifold ,58mm throttle body ,no egr,polished turbonetics wastegate,fuel pump rewire,homade fcd and a lot more .LED reverse lights ,sidemarkers and tails .atx to mtx swap . South bend tz clutch . Tons more
http://imageshack.us>

http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=boosted60trimrst
My contribution to the wiki
http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=crank%20arm%20spindle%20mod%20to%20fit%20power%20panels

RS2GFeb-06-08 05:21 PM
Member since Nov 28th 2007
43 posts,
#100509, "RE: 2ga sideskirts, install question"
In response to Reply # 1

looks like im better off with mitsu plugs, but $3-5 bucks a piece, its a lot. now under the skirt, the std screws dont go directly to the car but in a small white squared-shape thing. whats that called? . i chose to go without doorcaps. it looks better imo. thanks for the help.

boosted60trimrstFeb-06-08 05:36 PM
Member since Sep 10th 2005
1183 posts,
#100510, "RE: 2ga sideskirts, install question"
In response to Reply # 3

i just drilled self tapping screw directly into the body .dont know what u mean by white things

LED tails : Done for now!
99 eclipse rst
cobalt blue met. paint,star stage 2 upgraded t3/t460trim turbo ceramic coated , polished compressor housing, ,optima yellow top, chrome i/c piping ,front mount ntercooler ,apexi turbo timer . zeitronix wb02 ,faze oil ,boost gauge,egt ,bosch 4x plugs,kyb agx struts, pro kit springs.17''adr venomous rims,Falken azenis ,brembo dilled/slotted rotors ,turbo xs bov ,oil catch can,manual shiftknob,autometer pyrometer egt , vortech sfmu,b&m fuel pressure gauge ,accel 310cc injectors ,gasketmatched and polished intake manifold ,58mm throttle body ,no egr,polished turbonetics wastegate,fuel pump rewire,homade fcd and a lot more .LED reverse lights ,sidemarkers and tails .atx to mtx swap . South bend tz clutch . Tons more
http://imageshack.us>

http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=boosted60trimrst
My contribution to the wiki
http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=crank%20arm%20spindle%20mod%20to%20fit%20power%20panels

foggy45Feb-07-08 12:51 PM
Member since Dec 28th 2003
1032 posts,
#100515, "RE: 2ga sideskirts, install question"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by boosted60trimrst
i just drilled self tapping screw directly into the body .dont know what u mean by white things

they are square plastic screw keepers avaliable at autozone

Best sum up of working on a 2GNT
DR1665- "#5. Spike that motherfucker on the garage floor and grab a beer. You deserve it."

Ahhhh Priceless . . .
eclipse982nrRST "its actually lightish red"
RoninEclipse2G "yeah, they already have a color for that... it's called PINK"

scirioFeb-07-08 11:31 AM
Member since May 13th 2002
1637 posts,
#100514, "RE: 2ga sideskirts, install question"
In response to Reply # 0

I used rivets. Those bad boys arent going anywhere
Oh and I didn't use door caps either, instead I shaved (filled in) the body line on the door:
Old pic

that me hiding behind the pilar

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #100497 Previous topic | Next topic