Go back to previous topic
Forum nameInterior/Exterior
Topic subject2ga sideskirts, install question
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=7&topic_id=100497
100497, 2ga sideskirts, install question
Posted by RS2G, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
hello, i bought some 2ga sideskirts no doorcaps. but im missing all the components to install it, i tried autozone and strauss but couldnt find anything, what's it called? or where do you buy them? thank you in advance.

Johnny
100500, RE: 2ga sideskirts, install question
Posted by foggy45, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
which part you looking for? the door caps? or the skirt install hardwear?
Door caps- $110 from dealer get these from here or a junk yard
hardwear- $3-5 EACH PLUG from dealer. get these from the junkyard or use the body fastners from a nissan ($1.50 for 5 of them)

on the bottom of the skirs are screw holes these are just std panel screws

hint: when you get this fitted and are ready for final install, get a tube of Window Urethane and run a FINE bead along the edge of the panel and then install. this will keep the skirt flush with the body and look nicer (cuts out the inherent waves in the urethane skirt)
100506, RE: 2ga sideskirts, install question
Posted by boosted60trimrst, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
make sure if you get the panel clips from a nissan that you didnt drill the hole already for the clips that are supposed to be used cuz the nissan are a hair smaller . i made that mistake then had to buy then 4 3 bucks a piece at mitsu . The way i installed them was by putting silicone on the end of all the clips then pushed the skirt into the body then pull off and you will have the marks for all the holes . Make sure you make the holes a tad smaller . i also had that problem. Then on the bottom just use self tapping screws with washers .
100509, RE: 2ga sideskirts, install question
Posted by RS2G, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
looks like im better off with mitsu plugs, but $3-5 bucks a piece, its a lot. now under the skirt, the std screws dont go directly to the car but in a small white squared-shape thing. whats that called? . i chose to go without doorcaps. it looks better imo. thanks for the help.

100510, RE: 2ga sideskirts, install question
Posted by boosted60trimrst, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i just drilled self tapping screw directly into the body .dont know what u mean by white things
100515, RE: 2ga sideskirts, install question
Posted by foggy45, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by boosted60trimrst
i just drilled self tapping screw directly into the body .dont know what u mean by white things

they are square plastic screw keepers avaliable at autozone
100514, RE: 2ga sideskirts, install question
Posted by scirio, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I used rivets. Those bad boys arent going anywhere :)
Oh and I didn't use door caps either, instead I shaved (filled in) the body line on the door:
Old pic

that me hiding behind the pilar
I generated this page in 0.0086138248443604 seconds, executing 7 queries.