Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #76324
View in linear mode

Subject: "All my bolts are breaking!!!! What am I doing wrong!!" Previous topic | Next topic
BumpinTalonAug-26-04 12:39 PM
Member since Mar 23rd 2004
2381 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#76324, "All my bolts are breaking!!!! What am I doing wrong!!"

Taking off my front bumper I've tried all of my bolts and they are all breaking. I just drove the car down into town.. maybe they are too hot or something? But like WTF. Are they supposed to break, should I let them cool down, or should I WD40 them before trying to take them off?

1995 Eagle Talon ESi

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: All my bolts are breaking!!!! What am I doing wrong!!, BoostedGS, Aug-26-04 01:31 PM, #1
RE: All my bolts are breaking!!!! What am I doing wrong!!, sonikbewm, Aug-26-04 01:42 PM, #2
      RE: All my bolts are breaking!!!! What am I doing wrong!!, BumpinTalon, Aug-26-04 01:45 PM, #3
           RE: All my bolts are breaking!!!! What am I doing wrong!!, jdpilot, Aug-26-04 02:36 PM, #4
                RE: All my bolts are breaking!!!! What am I doing wrong!!, BumpinTalon, Aug-26-04 03:36 PM, #5
                     RE: All my bolts are breaking!!!! What am I doing wrong!!, Eclipsemh2k, Aug-26-04 09:28 PM, #6
                          RE: All my bolts are breaking!!!! What am I doing wrong!!, BumpinTalon, Aug-27-04 10:22 AM, #7
                               RE: All my bolts are breaking!!!! What am I doing wrong!!, silvreclipsers, Aug-27-04 01:25 PM, #8

BoostedGSAug-26-04 01:31 PM
Member since Jun 30th 2002
1329 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#76327, "RE: All my bolts are breaking!!!! What am I doing wrong!!"
In response to Reply # 0

Yeah, try WD-40, liquid wrench, PB blaster....anything to loosen them up a bit first.

You are not your job.
You're not how much money you have in the bank.
You're not the car you drive.
You're not the contents of your wallet.
You're not your fu**ing post count.

97 Eclipse GS - *SOLD*
01 Audi A6 2.7T
01 YZF-R6

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

sonikbewmAug-26-04 01:42 PM
Member since Dec 01st 2001
4011 posts,
#76328, "RE: All my bolts are breaking!!!! What am I doing wrong!!"
In response to Reply # 1

All but 4 of mine broke when I was switching rears. I just had to re-tap them and put new bolts in.

Jason
'11 Ford Mustang GT/CS
'11 Ford Mustang V6 6-Speed (SOLD)
'04 Nissan 350z Touring (SOLD)
'95 Turbo Eclipse GS (SOLD and will be missed)
'90 Talon TSi AWD (SOLD)

BumpinTalonAug-26-04 01:45 PM
2381 posts,
#76329, "RE: All my bolts are breaking!!!! What am I doing wrong!!"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by sonikbewm
All but 4 of mine broke when I was switching rears. I just had to re-tap them and put new bolts in.

re-tapping bolts is never cool. I don't want to have to do that...

1995 Eagle Talon ESi

jdpilotAug-26-04 02:36 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1128 posts,
#76330, "RE: All my bolts are breaking!!!! What am I doing wrong!!"
In response to Reply # 3

Same happened to me on my 97-99 conversion. Just work them REAL slow. Turning back and forth with ligui wrench. Seems to work the best. Takes FOREVER but easier then tapping!

Second Place "Sanford Sound SLAP 2005" Mild 2-Door
http://www.sanfordsound.com/carwash2005.htm
Second Place "Scrapefest 2002" 2nd Gen Mild
1995 GS AT, 97-99 Conversion.
2000 BMW Z3 2.8
1999 Chevy K2500 crew cab
5 jets skis, 3 snowmobiles, 2 ATVs. BRAAP!
Member # 1147

BumpinTalonAug-26-04 03:36 PM
2381 posts,
#76331, "RE: All my bolts are breaking!!!! What am I doing wrong!!"
In response to Reply # 4

I have enough threads I might be able to chase them out with another screw. I am going to zip-tie my bumper on next time I finally got one out without snapping it. Rock on!

1995 Eagle Talon ESi

Eclipsemh2kAug-26-04 09:28 PM
Member since Apr 02nd 2004
644 posts,
#76339, "RE: All my bolts are breaking!!!! What am I doing wrong!!"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by BumpinTalon
I have enough threads I might be able to chase them out with another screw. I am going to zip-tie my bumper on next time I finally got one out without snapping it. Rock on!

my front is zip tied together...damn shady car salesman told me it was never in a accident...

---------------------------------------

Originally posted in 2gnt chat room by EclipseRST
i like to draw the most detailed genitals i can

BumpinTalonAug-27-04 10:22 AM
2381 posts,
#76348, "RE: All my bolts are breaking!!!! What am I doing wrong!!"
In response to Reply # 6

25 zip ties will hold a bumper on well enough I'm thinking but if that was the best way to hold a bumper on, I'm pretty sure cars would come from the factory ziptied together.

1995 Eagle Talon ESi

silvreclipsersAug-27-04 01:25 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1756 posts,
#76353, "RE: All my bolts are breaking!!!! What am I doing wrong!!"
In response to Reply # 7
Aug-27-04 01:25 PM by silvreclipsers

try taking a 1g bumper off I used a lot of liquid wrench and still almost every bolt broke

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #76324 Previous topic | Next topic