Go back to previous topic
Forum nameInterior/Exterior
Topic subjectAll my bolts are breaking!!!! What am I doing wrong!!
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=7&topic_id=76324
76324, All my bolts are breaking!!!! What am I doing wrong!!
Posted by BumpinTalon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Taking off my front bumper I've tried all of my bolts and they are all breaking. I just drove the car down into town.. maybe they are too hot or something? But like WTF. Are they supposed to break, should I let them cool down, or should I WD40 them before trying to take them off?
76327, RE: All my bolts are breaking!!!! What am I doing wrong!!
Posted by BoostedGS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Yeah, try WD-40, liquid wrench, PB blaster....anything to loosen them up a bit first.
76328, RE: All my bolts are breaking!!!! What am I doing wrong!!
Posted by sonikbewm, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
All but 4 of mine broke when I was switching rears. I just had to re-tap them and put new bolts in.
76329, RE: All my bolts are breaking!!!! What am I doing wrong!!
Originally posted by sonikbewm
All but 4 of mine broke when I was switching rears. I just had to re-tap them and put new bolts in.

re-tapping bolts is never cool. I don't want to have to do that...
76330, RE: All my bolts are breaking!!!! What am I doing wrong!!
Posted by jdpilot, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Same happened to me on my 97-99 conversion. Just work them REAL slow. Turning back and forth with ligui wrench. Seems to work the best. Takes FOREVER but easier then tapping!
76331, RE: All my bolts are breaking!!!! What am I doing wrong!!
I have enough threads I might be able to chase them out with another screw. I am going to zip-tie my bumper on next time ;) I finally got one out without snapping it. Rock on!
76339, RE: All my bolts are breaking!!!! What am I doing wrong!!
Posted by Eclipsemh2k, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by BumpinTalon
I have enough threads I might be able to chase them out with another screw. I am going to zip-tie my bumper on next time ;) I finally got one out without snapping it. Rock on!

my front is zip tied together...damn shady car salesman told me it was never in a accident...

---------------------------------------

Originally posted in 2gnt chat room by EclipseRST
i like to draw the most detailed genitals i can
76348, RE: All my bolts are breaking!!!! What am I doing wrong!!
25 zip ties will hold a bumper on well enough I'm thinking :) but if that was the best way to hold a bumper on, I'm pretty sure cars would come from the factory ziptied together.
76353, RE: All my bolts are breaking!!!! What am I doing wrong!!
Posted by silvreclipsers, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
try taking a 1g bumper off x( I used a lot of liquid wrench and still almost every bolt broke
I generated this page in 0.0085580348968506 seconds, executing 7 queries.