Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #103563
View in linear mode

Subject: "New Pics.... Tinted Tails" Previous topic | Next topic
ThePerfectShiftJun-02-09 04:54 PM
Member since May 02nd 2006
199 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#103563, "New Pics.... Tinted Tails"

What's up guys, I just got a job at Advanced Auto Parts(a huge step up from the pawn shop aka hell) and they carry VHT products. Well yesterday we got in some new products and Nite Shades happened to be one of them. I quickly grabbed two cans (one for my car and one for my girls) not realizing one can would probably do both cars...

Ended up costing $10 a can after my employee discount. The finished product(plus pics of my system as well):

(the amp for my highs)

the beast

I LOVE the outcome of the tails. I used two light coats and some touch ups to even out the opacity.

Originally posted by thedawg

I ran 15-18psi on my stock a604 for about 30k miles then it broke. It makes cool whining noises now.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: New Pics.... Tinted Tails, RoninEclipse2G, Jun-02-09 05:14 PM, #1
RE: New Pics.... Tinted Tails, ThePerfectShift, Jun-02-09 06:48 PM, #2
      RE: New Pics.... Tinted Tails, RoninEclipse2G, Jun-02-09 07:01 PM, #3
      RE: New Pics.... Tinted Tails, eclipse982nrRST, Jun-02-09 07:09 PM, #4
           RE: New Pics.... Tinted Tails, 420agreenvilleSC, Jun-02-09 08:34 PM, #5
                RE: New Pics.... Tinted Tails, ThePerfectShift, Jun-02-09 09:52 PM, #6
      RE: New Pics.... Tinted Tails, eclipserstturbo, Jun-02-09 09:56 PM, #7
           RE: New Pics.... Tinted Tails, red95eclipse, Jun-02-09 10:11 PM, #8
           RE: New Pics.... Tinted Tails, ThePerfectShift, Jun-03-09 12:27 AM, #9
                RE: New Pics.... Tinted Tails, wordsarize, Jun-03-09 01:03 PM, #10
                RE: New Pics.... Tinted Tails, DanKid, Jun-03-09 01:38 PM, #11
                     RE: New Pics.... Tinted Tails, Flipboi89, Jun-03-09 03:34 PM, #12
                          RE: New Pics.... Tinted Tails, ez, Jun-03-09 05:10 PM, #13
                               RE: New Pics.... Tinted Tails, ThePerfectShift, Jun-03-09 10:51 PM, #14
                                    RE: New Pics.... Tinted Tails, red95eclipse, Jun-04-09 07:03 PM, #15
                                         RE: New Pics.... Tinted Tails, FunRS, Jun-07-09 11:49 AM, #16
                                         RE: New Pics.... Tinted Tails, dalesmitsu, Jun-10-09 03:32 PM, #17
                                              RE: New Pics.... Tinted Tails, ThePerfectShift, Jun-14-09 10:13 PM, #18
                                                   RE: New Pics.... Tinted Tails, RoninEclipse2G, Jun-15-09 11:29 AM, #19
                                                        RE: New Pics.... Tinted Tails, whtclipse98, Jun-15-09 05:13 PM, #20
                                                             RE: New Pics.... Tinted Tails, Fallen4ng31, Jun-16-09 07:51 AM, #21
                                                                  RE: New Pics.... Tinted Tails, DanKid, Jun-16-09 12:04 PM, #22
                                         RE: New Pics.... Tinted Tails, mitsu95023, Jun-17-09 09:56 AM, #23
                                              RE: New Pics.... Tinted Tails, red95eclipse, Jun-17-09 11:02 AM, #24
                                                   RE: New Pics.... Tinted Tails, ThePerfectShift, Jun-17-09 08:06 PM, #25
                                                        RE: New Pics.... Tinted Tails, dalesmitsu, Jun-17-09 08:17 PM, #26
                                                             RE: New Pics.... Tinted Tails, RoninEclipse2G, Jun-18-09 11:08 AM, #27
                                                             RE: New Pics.... Tinted Tails, ThePerfectShift, Jun-18-09 11:18 AM, #28
                                                                  RE: New Pics.... Tinted Tails, jdpilot, Jul-24-09 11:38 AM, #29
                                                                  RE: New Pics.... Tinted Tails, eclipse982nrRST, Jul-24-09 03:55 PM, #31
                                                                       RE: New Pics.... Tinted Tails, RoninEclipse2G, Jul-24-09 04:31 PM, #32
                                                                            RE: New Pics.... Tinted Tails, eclipse982nrRST, Jul-24-09 06:12 PM, #33
                                                                            RE: New Pics.... Tinted Tails, RoninEclipse2G, Jul-25-09 08:38 AM, #36
                                                                            RE: New Pics.... Tinted Tails, Nightfall, Jul-24-09 06:16 PM, #34
                                                                                 RE: New Pics.... Tinted Tails, dalesmitsu, Jul-24-09 07:15 PM, #35
                                                                  RE: New Pics.... Tinted Tails, jdpilot, Jul-24-09 11:42 AM, #30
RE: New Pics.... Tinted Tails, Babbz413, Jul-25-09 11:37 AM, #37
RE: New Pics.... Tinted Tails, eclipsers1987, Jul-26-09 12:23 AM, #38

RoninEclipse2GJun-02-09 05:14 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#103565, "RE: New Pics.... Tinted Tails"
In response to Reply # 0

outside looks great

the tails came out very nice.

you need to remount your stereo deck properly, the factory mounts have spots to bolt right to the deck, you'll lose the trimring because the deck will sit back farther and it wont fit but everything will look much cleaner.

IMO you should clean up the trunk area a bit, mount the amps and box better.

Erik P.
Official 2GNT thread Hijacker
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...
All we know is, He's not The Stig... But he is The Stig's Spartan cousin!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ThePerfectShiftJun-02-09 06:48 PM
199 posts,
#103568, "RE: New Pics.... Tinted Tails"
In response to Reply # 1

that would be lovely if the jackass that broke into my car didn't rip the mount points out of it.

Thanks for the compliments man.

I ran 15-18psi on my stock a604 for about 30k miles then it broke. It makes cool whining noises now.

RoninEclipse2GJun-02-09 07:01 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#103569, "RE: New Pics.... Tinted Tails"
In response to Reply # 2

I'll give you my interior mounts and such from my parts car after I get the dash out if you want them for the cost of shipping. new brackets cost ~$10 at the dealer.

theives piss me the fuck off.

Erik P.
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...

eclipse982nrRSTJun-02-09 07:09 PM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
#103570, "RE: New Pics.... Tinted Tails"
In response to Reply # 3

Those look sexy. I love shaded 2gnt tails, thats why I did mine last year.

I also like the 2gnt lettering, where did you pick up the letters from?

Also, I gotta get me some of those Kanye style shades!

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

420agreenvilleSCJun-02-09 08:34 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
#103571, "RE: New Pics.... Tinted Tails"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by eclipse982nrRSTI love shaded 2gnt tails, thats why I did mine last year. I also like the 2gnt lettering, where did you pick up the letters from?

x2

http://www.2gnt.com/quote_db.php?id=278

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

ThePerfectShiftJun-02-09 09:52 PM
199 posts,
#103574, "RE: New Pics.... Tinted Tails"
In response to Reply # 5

Thanks guys....
I got the lettering from Auto Zone. In the same aisle as the stupid stick on fender vents. They were like a buck a piece.

eclipserstturboJun-02-09 09:56 PM
Member since Nov 19th 2008
281 posts,
#103576, "RE: New Pics.... Tinted Tails"
In response to Reply # 2

Ditto, that looks sick. I think I might have to take the altezzas off and do my stock tails like that. How did you get everything (car especially and did you clear the tails or is that just the two shades of VHT) so fucking shiny? It's pissing me off. Mine looks like it doesn't even have the first coat of clear compared to yours. VERY NICE! Keep up the good work.

I CONTRIBUTED TO THE WIKI!
ah... turbo. I love the turbo, the boost, the speed, the sound.
and its all better when you do it yourself. cheaper too.

red95eclipseJun-02-09 10:11 PM
Member since Oct 07th 2008
59 posts,
#103577, "RE: New Pics.... Tinted Tails"
In response to Reply # 7

Yea looks great just watch out for the cops. I had mine professionally done and all it does is give them another reason to pull you over. I used the same stuff you did at first and they were too dark.

ThePerfectShiftJun-03-09 12:27 AM
199 posts,
#103580, "RE: New Pics.... Tinted Tails"
In response to Reply # 7

naw i didn't clear over them, that's just how they turned out. I took the pictures not too long after I applied the tint so it may possibly get a little more matte once dried over night but so far they're pretty damn glossy.

wordsarizeJun-03-09 01:03 PM
Member since Nov 23rd 2008
16 posts,
#103586, "RE: New Pics.... Tinted Tails"
In response to Reply # 9

looks very nice.. im plannin to do that too wit mine... but wit the actual tint material since my boy got some

DanKidJun-03-09 01:38 PM
Member since Oct 29th 2004
480 posts,
#103587, "RE: New Pics.... Tinted Tails"
In response to Reply # 9

Originally posted by ThePerfectShift
naw i didn't clear over them, that's just how they turned out. I took the pictures not too long after I applied the tint so it may possibly get a little more matte once dried over night but so far they're pretty damn glossy.

Man make sure you get some clear coat on them quick. Mine looked glossy and nice like yours so I didn't clear them either and after a few months of rain and sun exposure they ended up fading and eventually peeling off bad. I ended up having to completely take off the night shades with alcohol and a bit of acetone.

Flipboi89Jun-03-09 03:34 PM
Member since Oct 06th 2007
392 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#103588, "RE: New Pics.... Tinted Tails"
In response to Reply # 11

Curious what was your procedure how you did those? Im planning on shading my reverse lights and signal markers and I wanna do it right.

Car Status: P0140 o2 circuit number bank 1 sensor 2 Cel. Ill fix it tomorow lol.

Estimated mileage on engine: 15,xxx

ezJun-03-09 05:10 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3461 posts,
#103592, "RE: New Pics.... Tinted Tails"
In response to Reply # 12

Now do the same with your reverse lights IMO

That's all I want to nightshade on my car - the reverse lights - but it's lame that I have to buy a whole can to paint 5 square inches of surface area.

2gnt: '99 RS-T, killed by a toyota, pending rebuild...
Daily: Volt
Daily #2: '99 EVG ebike- STOLEN by PEDRO

ThePerfectShiftJun-03-09 10:51 PM
199 posts,
#103593, "RE: New Pics.... Tinted Tails"
In response to Reply # 13

I'm debating on the reverse lights. My girl is for it too. I just don't wanna go overkill nah mean? I'm prolly gonna end up doing them though. They look dark in the day, but you cant even tell they're tinted at night with the lights on.

All I did, for the one who asked, was remove the tails, wipe them real good with alchohol (isopropyl....not smirnoff... lol) sprayed down the work area with a hose to minimize dust kick up, and sprayed one light coat, waited 5 mins, sprayed a medium coat, waited 10 minutes, and touched up the lighter areas. I waited 2 hours and put them back on the car.

Oh and they're still glossy today

red95eclipseJun-04-09 07:03 PM
59 posts,
#103599, "RE: New Pics.... Tinted Tails"
In response to Reply # 14

Here is a pic of mine. Sorry for the xtra-large picture I dont know how to resize it.

FunRSJun-07-09 11:49 AM
Old School 2GNTer
67 posts,
#103609, "RE: New Pics.... Tinted Tails"
In response to Reply # 15
Jun-07-09 11:52 AM by FunRS

Hey perfectshift where in florida are you at? I just check your profile and see that your in Daytona. I'm up here in Jacksonville

99 RS AEM Coldair intake
18x7 somethings
Phantom Tach W/Shift Light
A/F gauge
Kenwood KVT-512
Boston Acustic 6.5 up front& Fosgate 6.5 in back Alpine AMP MRV-F302 Pionner XM satellite radio
NX wet 50 shoot

dalesmitsuJun-10-09 03:32 PM
Member since May 13th 2006
986 posts,
#103613, "RE: New Pics.... Tinted Tails"
In response to Reply # 16

Originally posted by FunRS
Hey perfectshift where in florida are you at? I just check your profile and see that your in Daytona. I'm up here in Jacksonville

Congrats, getting hired at Advance. How often did you apply was is it tough getting or you know someone that worked at advance. Do they look at points on the persons driving record. Reason is I have two

I'm trying to get in at my local store and keep my night job on the side.

ThePerfectShiftJun-14-09 10:13 PM
199 posts,
#103624, "RE: New Pics.... Tinted Tails"
In response to Reply # 17

Thx Guys. Well thanks to the mechanical knowledge i recieved from owning a 2gnt, my application and parts knowledge was impressive to the manager. I actually live in Port Orange, but I work in Daytona. I'm down for a meet anytime!!!

RoninEclipse2GJun-15-09 11:29 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#103627, "RE: New Pics.... Tinted Tails"
In response to Reply # 18

Originally posted by ThePerfectShift
Thx Guys. Well thanks to the mechanical knowledge i recieved from owning a 2gnt, my application and parts knowledge was impressive to the manager.

LOL! that sounds like how I got a job as an assistant manager for CSK auto a few years back

Erik P.

whtclipse98Jun-15-09 05:13 PM
Member since Mar 18th 2009
137 posts,
#103628, "RE: New Pics.... Tinted Tails"
In response to Reply # 19

Most of the time they will hire someone even if they do not carry automotive knowledge. I used to work there as an assistant and store manager. Having a basic knowledge of automobiles doesn't hurt.

Perfect - check out the big advance auto parts/keystone catalog for parts too. They have some cool stuff in there. That's where you used to be able to get VHT Nightshades paint from. I painted mine and swap them out with the standard ones every once in a while. If you need cheap OEM parts, the salvage area has some too.

Fallen4ng31Jun-16-09 07:51 AM
Donating 2GNT member
370 posts,
#103629, "RE: New Pics.... Tinted Tails"
In response to Reply # 20

The tails look decent. Next time, please don't model with the car; That's why there are models.

1998 Eclipse RS-T - Totaled 4/23/09 -
1998 Eclipse GST - Stroked 2.3l, HX40 fed: Build in progress
2010 Subaru Outback Limited

I hate hipsters.

DanKidJun-16-09 12:04 PM
Member since Oct 29th 2004
480 posts,
#103630, "RE: New Pics.... Tinted Tails"
In response to Reply # 21

Originally posted by Fallen4ng31
Next time, please don't model with the car; That's why there are models.

LMAO!! Remember chico, "It's not how you stand by your car, it's how you race your car." Remember that.

mitsu95023Jun-17-09 09:56 AM
Member since Mar 23rd 2009
36 posts,
#103631, "RE: New Pics.... Tinted Tails"
In response to Reply # 15

Originally posted by red95eclipse
Here is a pic of mine. Sorry for the xtra-large picture I dont know how to resize it.

i was wondering how the black would look on red, looks good, that just made up my mind on what im doing to my tail lights

'95 rs turbo project
'97 gs parts car
'01 Audi s4 DD
'80 porsche 911 993 widebody, 3.6ltr

red95eclipseJun-17-09 11:02 AM
59 posts,
#103633, "RE: New Pics.... Tinted Tails"
In response to Reply # 23

Im happy with how they turned out. Those were done with a paint gun though. Its actually a really dark blue. I used the nightshade the first time and they were way too dark so I bought another set and had them painted. Good luck with the project.

ThePerfectShiftJun-17-09 08:06 PM
199 posts,
#103634, "RE: New Pics.... Tinted Tails"
In response to Reply # 24

IMO yours would look hella better with a painted red center. My center lens is actually bc/cc black color matched to the vehicle. Professionally done by me

Oh and I decided to model because I can't afford to pay a girl to take pics on my car. Plus now you know I'm black. lol.

Oh and I tinted my reverse lights. For anyone that cares.

dalesmitsuJun-17-09 08:17 PM
986 posts,
#103635, "RE: New Pics.... Tinted Tails"
In response to Reply # 25

two questions

One, are those blue fogs brand by pilot. Price for Pilots are decent, looking for new ones, just wondered.

two, under radio are those speeding tickets.

nice 2g, all black interior is better tan/black.

RoninEclipse2GJun-18-09 11:08 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#103639, "RE: New Pics.... Tinted Tails"
In response to Reply # 26

Originally posted by dalesmitsu
Under the radio, are those speeding tickets?

LOL! good catch!

Erik P.

ThePerfectShiftJun-18-09 11:18 AM
199 posts,
#103640, "RE: New Pics.... Tinted Tails"
In response to Reply # 26

Originally posted by dalesmitsu
two questions One, are those blue fogs brand by pilot. Price for Pilots are decent, looking for new ones, just wondered. two, under radio are those speeding tickets. nice 2g, all black interior is better tan/black.

1. I honestly don't remember. They were cheap..Like >$20 @ walmart
I'll look for the box and see if i still have it.
2. Damn good catch lol. One Speeding (actually a funny story) and one Noise Pollution Ticket.

I love the black on black. I'm working towards that. If you noticed, most of my interior is removed. I'm getting ready to paint them.......

It seems like I always have too many projects goin on with this car to get any of them fully completed.... Guess I'm just Lazy.

jdpilotJul-24-09 11:38 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1128 posts,
#103817, "RE: New Pics.... Tinted Tails"
In response to Reply # 28

I dont liek it. Too dark IMO and I was never a fan of the blood red look you can see from under tint sprau. Heres a pic of the smoked discontinued Nakayama tails I aquired. They look really light in the pic, but the tint is pretty deep. Much beter IMO

Second Place "Sanford Sound SLAP 2005" Mild 2-Door
http://www.sanfordsound.com/carwash2005.htm
Second Place "Scrapefest 2002" 2nd Gen Mild
1995 GS AT, 97-99 Conversion.
2000 BMW Z3 2.8
1999 Chevy K2500 crew cab
5 jets skis, 3 snowmobiles, 2 ATVs. BRAAP!
Member # 1147

eclipse982nrRSTJul-24-09 03:55 PM
6314 posts,
#103819, "RE: New Pics.... Tinted Tails"
In response to Reply # 29

Originally posted by jdpilot
I dont liek it. Too dark IMO and I was never a fan of the blood red look you can see from under tint sprau. Heres a pic of the smoked discontinued Nakayama tails I aquired. They look really light in the pic, but the tint is pretty deep. Much beter IMO

That looks nice, however, I would never spend the money for those tail lamps.

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

RoninEclipse2GJul-24-09 04:31 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#103820, "RE: New Pics.... Tinted Tails"
In response to Reply # 31

Originally posted by eclipse982nrRST
Originally posted by jdpilot I dont liek it. Too dark IMO and I was never a fan of the blood red look you can see from under tint sprau. Heres a pic of the smoked discontinued Nakayama tails I aquired. They look really light in the pic, but the tint is pretty deep. Much beter IMO http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i119/jdpilot/l_eebd71fcaf69a0b2dbaa023e0414377d. jpg

And a lot of us wouldn't spend the time or effort to widebody and repaint our cars every year and a half.

Erik P.

eclipse982nrRSTJul-24-09 06:12 PM
6314 posts,
#103821, "RE: New Pics.... Tinted Tails"
In response to Reply # 32

Originally posted by RoninEclipse2G
Originally posted by jdpilot I dont liek it. Too dark IMO and I was never a fan of the blood red look you can see from under tint sprau. Heres a pic of the smoked discontinued Nakayama tails I aquired. They look really light in the pic, but the tint is pretty deep. Much beter IMO http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i119/jdpilot/l_eebd71fcaf69a0b2dbaa023e0414377d. jpg
And a lot of us wouldn't spend the time or effort to widebody and repaint our cars every year and a half.

Thats cuz alot of people here arent as picky as me

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

RoninEclipse2GJul-25-09 08:38 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#103824, "RE: New Pics.... Tinted Tails"
In response to Reply # 33

Originally posted by RoninEclipse2G
Thats cuz alot of people here arent as picky as me

Picky? That's what you're calling it now? Right...

Erik P.

NightfallJul-24-09 06:16 PM
Donating 2GNT member
335 posts,
#103822, "RE: New Pics.... Tinted Tails"
In response to Reply # 32

Car looks good man, don't get lazy lol. Get that thing "murdered out"

My favorite by far, now THESE are some pimpin ass tail lights...

dalesmitsuJul-24-09 07:15 PM
986 posts,
#103823, "RE: New Pics.... Tinted Tails"
In response to Reply # 34
Jul-24-09 07:18 PM by dalesmitsu

Originally posted by Nightfall
Car looks good man, don't get lazy lol. Get that thing "murdered out" My favorite by far, now THESE are some pimpin ass tail lights...

Fail, style of them looks like a 97-99 Prelude tails each to their own

jdpilotJul-24-09 11:42 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1128 posts,
#103818, "RE: New Pics.... Tinted Tails"
In response to Reply # 28

And get yourself some of these;
http://www.helixautomotive.com/corner_fog_mitsubishi.html

Second Place "Sanford Sound SLAP 2005" Mild 2-Door
http://www.sanfordsound.com/carwash2005.htm
Second Place "Scrapefest 2002" 2nd Gen Mild
1995 GS AT, 97-99 Conversion.
2000 BMW Z3 2.8
1999 Chevy K2500 crew cab
5 jets skis, 3 snowmobiles, 2 ATVs. BRAAP!
Member # 1147

Babbz413Jul-25-09 11:37 AM
Member since Mar 18th 2009
260 posts,
#103825, "RE: New Pics.... Tinted Tails"
In response to Reply # 0

get out of the way so i can see that clean monte carlo!

eclipsers1987Jul-26-09 12:23 AM
Member since Oct 13th 2006
10 posts,
#103831, "RE: New Pics.... Tinted Tails"
In response to Reply # 37

perfectshift - Im in your area, well ormond, and if you havent already gotten the radio bracket, Ive got one lying around in the garage I think thats left over from my part out(as well as a crap ton more) but anyways if you want it its yours. Shoot me a PM and we can meet up sometime. Let me know!

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #103563 Previous topic | Next topic