Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #4984
View in linear mode

Subject: "Timing belt" Previous topic | Next topic
Talon93AwdJul-30-07 12:24 PM
Member since Jul 19th 2007
17 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4984, "Timing belt"

ok well as you know i took off my head and check the valves and such. well i just slide the timing belt off the cam gears so now i have the head back on and everything installed back on but now i need the timing belt back on. i have piston #1 at TDC on the compression stroke. and everything is lined up. what i dont understand very well on vfaq is were exactly the tensioner is for the timing belt. im a picture kind of person so vfaq didnt help much. do i have to remove the front engine mount by the cam gears and jack the engine up alittle bit? please let me know what i need to do and what tool i might need to rent. im selling my car soon and buying a new car lol no more dsms i need a reliable car. any pics would be helpful!!

1998 Eclipse GS - Daily Driver
1993 Talon TSI AWD Auto - Project

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

ModeratoreclipzGSTJul-30-07 03:19 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4985, "RE: Timing belt"
In response to Reply # 0

http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=16&topic_id=107225&mesg_id=107225&page=

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

JayWeezie88Jul-30-07 04:49 PM
Member since Jul 08th 2005
130 posts,
#4986, "RE: Timing belt"
In response to Reply # 1
Jul-30-07 04:50 PM by JayWeezie88

lol eclipz

I did my timing when i had the block on the engine stand but it is possible to do it by just taking off the lower timing cover.

Did you make the tensioner tool?

It was so different for my car since I did the balance shaft removal (don't have to worry about the oil pump sprocket lining up and you get rid of a sprocket too) and since I could just take out the tensioner and put it in the vice to compress it.

But why are you putting your timing belt back on if you think you have a stretched rod(s)?

99 GST - Some stuff

14.083 @ 97.37 (10psi-ish ATCO 3/13/07)

"She said its JUST a car...I said your JUST a girl"

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #4984 Previous topic | Next topic