Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #4712
View in linear mode

Subject: "Random questions, Rear diff oil change, Resistor for downpipe etc..." Previous topic | Next topic
PowerEclipsesJul-12-03 09:37 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3215 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4712, "Random questions, Rear diff oil change, Resistor for downpipe etc..."

Hey guys, just wondering if there is a write up for the rear diff to change the oil idk how, what kind of oil... Also when I put the a down pipe on, what kind of resistor should i use on the o2 sensor? Also is there any kind of write up for the fuel filter, i really need to get that changed. Thanks alot

Boca Raton, Florida
95 Eclipse GS- sold
99 Eclipse GSX- 386awhp
98 Eclipse GS- sold
92 Prelude

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

klipzracerJul-12-03 07:02 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4006 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4713, "RE: Random questions, Rear diff oil change, Resistor for downpipe etc..."
In response to Reply # 0

diff you dreain the oil outta the bottom plug and open plug on the back of the diff(about in the middle on the rear). fill it til oil spills out.

resistor? wtf?

fuel filter is pretty basic. just buy yourself a haynes manual from autozone, hoe!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

PowerEclipsesJul-13-03 08:05 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3215 posts,
#4714, "RE: Random questions, Rear diff oil change, Resistor for downpipe etc..."
In response to Reply # 1

haha the fuel filter is a PITA!
a resistor so i dont get a CEL after i put a down pipe on

Boca Raton, Florida
95 Eclipse GS- sold
99 Eclipse GSX- 386awhp
98 Eclipse GS- sold
92 Prelude

klipzracerJul-13-03 06:19 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4006 posts,
#4715, "RE: Random questions, Rear diff oil change, Resistor for downpipe etc..."
In response to Reply # 2

oh....well we 1st gens don't worry about that stuff too much. obd1 ownz jooz!!!!!

TeamJeff_99gsJul-15-03 06:57 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
#4716, "RE: Random questions, Rear diff oil change, Resistor for downpipe etc..."
In response to Reply # 3

Get Redline Shockproof for the rear diff. Most DSM shops carry it. As for the resistor, most people I know don't even screw with it. The CEL may come on for a little while, but in most cases it just went away by itself

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #4712 Previous topic | Next topic