Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #4108
View in linear mode

Subject: "To buy or not to buy?" Previous topic | Next topic
babybeclipseDec-07-03 02:04 PM
Member since Mar 01st 2002
3083 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4108, "To buy or not to buy?"
Dec-07-03 02:07 PM by babybeclipse

ok, I want to spend less than 1k. He's askin 1200 for a 90 1gen GSX stick. This ISN'T a project car...just a daily driver (could someday become a good looking beater but I don't care right now).
Here is the ad-5speed, trans grinds only going into 1st when its cold. The body has some dented panels. Car runs fine and pulls good. First person with 1200$ in hand takes the car.
The car looks better in person then it does in the pic

Here is an email I got from him-

I'll give you the car for 1k. just take it off my hands before i go into
insurance debt. it has a coolant leak somewhere be the intakemanifold. and
stutters some times.

Does the 4g63 have a heated TB and it could be leaking from there and causing the stutter?

He also said he didn't do any recall work on it. Think I can get the recall stuff done by going to the dealer and giving them the VIN?

What do you guys think?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: To buy or not to buy?, Diceman19, Dec-07-03 03:12 PM, #1
RE: To buy or not to buy?, babybeclipse, Dec-07-03 03:19 PM, #2
      RE: To buy or not to buy?, Diceman19, Dec-08-03 02:22 AM, #3
           RE: To buy or not to buy?, babybeclipse, Dec-08-03 05:47 AM, #4
                RE: To buy or not to buy?, Diceman19, Dec-08-03 08:02 AM, #5
                     RE: To buy or not to buy?, babybeclipse, Dec-08-03 12:01 PM, #6
                          RE: To buy or not to buy?, Diceman19, Dec-08-03 03:16 PM, #7

Diceman19Dec-07-03 03:12 PM
Donating 2GNT member
4629 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4109, "RE: To buy or not to buy?"
In response to Reply # 0

give him 1k and take the car. i would get the coolant thing fixed. the body panels can wait. i would get the recalls done. i would also say that if you want it to be a good daily driver/beater or even someday a sleeper, you will have to get the tranny rebuilt.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

babybeclipseDec-07-03 03:19 PM
3083 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4110, "RE: To buy or not to buy?"
In response to Reply # 1

so what is up with the trans? bad first gear syncro? How long do you think I can drive it before I need to put money in it?

Diceman19Dec-08-03 02:22 AM
Donating 2GNT member
4629 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4111, "RE: To buy or not to buy?"
In response to Reply # 2

probly bad 1st gear syncro. you can drive it a while since you dont spend a lot of time is first gear IMO. my tranny grinds into second if i rev high or shift uber fast. it sometimes grinds into 1st but not often. i am probly not gonna get it fixed until late next year or maybe the year after. i just dont want to rip the engine/tranny out to get it rebuilt, plus i dont have the whole lotta dollas it is gonna cost to have shep racing rebuild it....

babybeclipseDec-08-03 05:47 AM
3083 posts,
#4112, "RE: To buy or not to buy?"
In response to Reply # 3

Sweet, I've got two to choose from. Hopefully I'll have two DSM's before it starts to snow around her

oh, Do 4g63 motors have coolent running through the throttle body? Thats the only thing I could think of coolent near the manifold. Could that leak be causing it to run off?

Do the heater core lines run anywere near the manifold?

Diceman19Dec-08-03 08:02 AM
Donating 2GNT member
4629 posts,
#4113, "RE: To buy or not to buy?"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by babybeclipse
Sweet, I've got two to choose from. Hopefully I'll have two DSM's before it starts to snow around her oh, Do 4g63 motors have coolent running through the throttle body? Thats the only thing I could think of coolent near the manifold. Could that leak be causing it to run off? Do the heater core lines run anywere near the manifold?

i am not that far along yet. pm jeff.

babybeclipseDec-08-03 12:01 PM
3083 posts,
#4114, "RE: To buy or not to buy?"
In response to Reply # 5

DAMN SOLD!!!

I can only hope the other guy in Michigan sells for 1k.

Diceman19Dec-08-03 03:16 PM
Donating 2GNT member
4629 posts,
#4115, "RE: To buy or not to buy?"
In response to Reply # 6

buy now, ask questions later.

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #4108 Previous topic | Next topic