Go back to previous topic
Forum name4G63 Tech
Topic subjectTo buy or not to buy?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=67&topic_id=4108
4108, To buy or not to buy?
Posted by babybeclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
ok, I want to spend less than 1k. He's askin 1200 for a 90 1gen GSX stick. This ISN'T a project car...just a daily driver (could someday become a good looking beater but I don't care right now).
Here is the ad-5speed, trans grinds only going into 1st when its cold. The body has some dented panels. Car runs fine and pulls good. First person with 1200$ in hand takes the car.
The car looks better in person then it does in the pic

Here is an email I got from him-

I'll give you the car for 1k. just take it off my hands before i go into
insurance debt. it has a coolant leak somewhere be the intakemanifold. and
stutters some times.

Does the 4g63 have a heated TB and it could be leaking from there and causing the stutter?

He also said he didn't do any recall work on it. Think I can get the recall stuff done by going to the dealer and giving them the VIN?

What do you guys think?
4109, RE: To buy or not to buy?
Posted by Diceman19, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
give him 1k and take the car. i would get the coolant thing fixed. the body panels can wait. i would get the recalls done. i would also say that if you want it to be a good daily driver/beater or even someday a sleeper, you will have to get the tranny rebuilt.
4110, RE: To buy or not to buy?
so what is up with the trans? bad first gear syncro? How long do you think I can drive it before I need to put money in it?
4111, RE: To buy or not to buy?
probly bad 1st gear syncro. you can drive it a while since you dont spend a lot of time is first gear IMO. :-) my tranny grinds into second if i rev high or shift uber fast. it sometimes grinds into 1st but not often. i am probly not gonna get it fixed until late next year or maybe the year after. i just dont want to rip the engine/tranny out to get it rebuilt, plus i dont have the whole lotta dollas it is gonna cost to have shep racing rebuild it....
4112, RE: To buy or not to buy?
Sweet, I've got two to choose from. Hopefully I'll have two DSM's before it starts to snow around here:thumbsup

oh, Do 4g63 motors have coolent running through the throttle body? Thats the only thing I could think of coolent near the manifold. Could that leak be causing it to run off?

Do the heater core lines run anywere near the manifold?
4113, RE: To buy or not to buy?
Originally posted by babybeclipse
Sweet, I've got two to choose from. Hopefully I'll have two DSM's before it starts to snow around here:thumbsup oh, Do 4g63 motors have coolent running through the throttle body? Thats the only thing I could think of coolent near the manifold. Could that leak be causing it to run off? Do the heater core lines run anywere near the manifold?

:shrug i am not that far along yet. pm jeff.
4114, RE: To buy or not to buy?
DAMN SOLD!!!

I can only hope the other guy in Michigan sells for 1k.
4115, RE: To buy or not to buy?
buy now, ask questions later. :thumbsup
I generated this page in 0.010910987854004 seconds, executing 7 queries.