Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #3409
View in linear mode

Subject: "had to be towed home....." Previous topic | Next topic
All4thaN0okieMay-20-04 05:32 PM
Member since Nov 19th 2001
501 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3409, "had to be towed home....."

getting on the freeway tonight... in third gear..about 5k rpms at WOT... car went "pop" and i felt it start to slow down... and then white smoke was everywhere coming out the exhaust

looked under the car ..not leaking everything..... car starts right up... no problem... just smokes like a mo fo... i'm thinking headgasket... but.. what else could it be?? the smoke was white and there was A LOT of it....

looking at my checking account... i have $57 and.... $11
in my pocket.... no job... but.. i do have a check..probably for more than $1200 on the way... dont know exactly when it will be here though.. so... this sucks

but.. the good news is.... i have a 1g BOV on the way! and a brode UICP sitting right here waiting to be installed

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

TeamJeff_99gsMay-20-04 05:50 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3410, "RE: had to be towed home....."
In response to Reply # 0

Headgasket, turbo seals, etc. Not much to go on really

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

All4thaN0okieMay-20-04 05:57 PM
501 posts,
#3411, "RE: had to be towed home....."
In response to Reply # 1

sorry.. wish i had more info..but i dont

RemyMay-20-04 06:18 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6156 posts,
#3412, "RE: had to be towed home....."
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by All4thaN0okie
sorry.. wish i had more info..but i dont

get a job !! lol Good luck bro.

www.cnnmotorsports.com

chrysler kidMay-20-04 06:22 PM
Member since Sep 25th 2002
7411 posts,
#3413, "RE: had to be towed home....."
In response to Reply # 3

its the turbo, its dead. my first ever encounter with an eclipse was at teh stoplight infront of my neighbor hood. a black dsm with bodykit rims and bunch of gauges was spewing smoke everywhere driving about 25mph. i yelled and ask what happened and he said he didnt watch the oil temp. it was wierd because it made me want an eclipse even more

11.65 @ 115

All4thaN0okieMay-20-04 07:15 PM
501 posts,
#3414, "RE: had to be towed home....."
In response to Reply # 4

i hope it is just the turbo... if so... evo16g here i come

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #3409 Previous topic | Next topic