Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #1440
View in linear mode

Subject: "My cars been acting funny..." Previous topic | Next topic
ModeratoreclipzGSTSep-15-05 08:55 AM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1440, "My cars been acting funny..."

Ever since I hooked up my S-AFC, my blinky-blinky AF guage acted weird. Sometimes it would work, sometimes it would not. When it wouldn't work, it'd stay pegged LED green. The connections good, soldered and taped well.
I noticed last night when it was in it's pegged green mode, that when I turned my defogger off, it started working.
I go out today, start the car and it's cycling like normal. I turned on the defogger, still ok. Turn it off, it pegs green.
I logged a few times when it was pegged green and the logger showed it as cycling perfectly as normal and reading fine in closed loop.
The A/F guage is tapped 5" from the ECU. Yet the ECU shows it as fine I'm stumped.
Also, the other day after I was done playing with the CD changer harness, the ECU will now reset if I leave the car off for more than a few hours. Has to reset itself everyday while I drive to work. The radio also will ask me for the code now when I start it.
It's like the battery disconnects itself after an hour.
I had no troubles with this car for a LONG time and now I'm paying for it with a visit from the electrical gremlins.

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: My cars been acting funny..., Hult250R, Sep-15-05 11:17 AM, #1
RE: My cars been acting funny..., ModeratoreclipzGST, Sep-15-05 11:25 AM, #2
      RE: My cars been acting funny..., TeamJeff_99gs, Sep-15-05 04:24 PM, #3
           RE: My cars been acting funny..., ModeratoreclipzGST, Sep-15-05 09:05 PM, #4
                RE: My cars been acting funny..., TeamJeff_99gs, Sep-16-05 05:17 AM, #5
                     RE: My cars been acting funny..., ModeratoreclipzGST, Sep-16-05 05:07 PM, #6

Hult250RSep-15-05 11:17 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2017 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1441, "RE: My cars been acting funny..."
In response to Reply # 0

Sounds like a bad ground or a short somewhere

----------------------------------------

I used to have a 420A...

'92 TSi AWD

11.8 @ 119mph
470awhp 405 ft/lb torque
30psi on E85 w/ Borg Warner S256 Turbo

My DSM Registry: http://www.dsmregistry.com/166

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ModeratoreclipzGSTSep-15-05 11:25 AM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#1442, "RE: My cars been acting funny..."
In response to Reply # 1

All the S-AFC splices are soldered. And the A/F guage issue is just wacky. Why the hell would the defogger have ANYTHING at all to do with the readings?
Sunday, everything is coming out and getting rewired. Will also give me the opportunity to clean the hell out of the car.

When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

TeamJeff_99gsSep-15-05 04:24 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
#1443, "RE: My cars been acting funny..."
In response to Reply # 2

Electrical problems are a pain in the ass and sometimes don't tend to make any sense at all. The speakers in my Spyder stop working as soon as you raise the top up half an inch, but otherwise work flawlessly all the time with the top down. No reason for it, it just happens.

I would just trace all the wires as far as you can for any loose ends or bad connections. I have to tear the entire insides of the Spyder out to hardwire the speakers.

ModeratoreclipzGSTSep-15-05 09:05 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#1444, "RE: My cars been acting funny..."
In response to Reply # 3

I thought you sold the Spyder? Update your sig foo.

TeamJeff_99gsSep-16-05 05:17 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
#1445, "RE: My cars been acting funny..."
In response to Reply # 4

I am trying to sell the Spyder. I need to fix this issue in order to get rid of it.

ModeratoreclipzGSTSep-16-05 05:07 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#1446, "RE: My cars been acting funny..."
In response to Reply # 5

When I got home the other night, I noticed the lights didn't come on when I opened the door. I reached don and jiggled the switch. Nothing. Tried the dome lights, nothing.
Underhood fuse for the interior lights blew. Swapped it this morning. No more problems. Radio keeps time and the ECU doesn't reset itself. It idles again. For the last week or so, every time I came to a stop, the idle would drop to like 200 rpms. Funny how a fuse for the interior lights would cause that stuff huh.?
I'm still going to check all the connections for the A/F guage tomorrow. Hopefully, I can make enough room in my 1 stall garage to fit both quads and the front half of my car in there. I figure since I'll have the pillar off and will be playing with wiring, it'll give me a chance to finish hooking up the water and tranny temp guages. Or at least the water temp unless I can find 8 qts of B&M trick shift.

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #1440 Previous topic | Next topic