Go back to previous topic
Forum name4G63 Tech
Topic subjectMy cars been acting funny...
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=67&topic_id=1440
1440, My cars been acting funny...
Posted by eclipzGST, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Ever since I hooked up my S-AFC, my blinky-blinky AF guage acted weird. Sometimes it would work, sometimes it would not. When it wouldn't work, it'd stay pegged LED green. The connections good, soldered and taped well.
I noticed last night when it was in it's pegged green mode, that when I turned my defogger off, it started working. :scratch
I go out today, start the car and it's cycling like normal. I turned on the defogger, still ok. Turn it off, it pegs green. :scratch
I logged a few times when it was pegged green and the logger showed it as cycling perfectly as normal and reading fine in closed loop.
The A/F guage is tapped 5" from the ECU. Yet the ECU shows it as fine I'm stumped.
Also, the other day after I was done playing with the CD changer harness, the ECU will now reset if I leave the car off for more than a few hours. Has to reset itself everyday while I drive to work. The radio also will ask me for the code now when I start it.
It's like the battery disconnects itself after an hour.
I had no troubles with this car for a LONG time and now I'm paying for it with a visit from the electrical gremlins. :rolleyes
1441, RE: My cars been acting funny...
Posted by Hult250R, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Sounds like a bad ground or a short somewhere :shrug
1442, RE: My cars been acting funny...
All the S-AFC splices are soldered. And the A/F guage issue is just wacky. Why the hell would the defogger have ANYTHING at all to do with the readings?
Sunday, everything is coming out and getting rewired. Will also give me the opportunity to clean the hell out of the car.
1443, RE: My cars been acting funny...
Posted by Jeff_99gs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Electrical problems are a pain in the ass and sometimes don't tend to make any sense at all. The speakers in my Spyder stop working as soon as you raise the top up half an inch, but otherwise work flawlessly all the time with the top down. No reason for it, it just happens.

I would just trace all the wires as far as you can for any loose ends or bad connections. I have to tear the entire insides of the Spyder out to hardwire the speakers.
1444, RE: My cars been acting funny...
I thought you sold the Spyder? Update your sig foo. :D
1445, RE: My cars been acting funny...
Posted by Jeff_99gs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I am trying to sell the Spyder. I need to fix this issue in order to get rid of it. :)
1446, RE: My cars been acting funny...
When I got home the other night, I noticed the lights didn't come on when I opened the door. I reached don and jiggled the switch. Nothing. Tried the dome lights, nothing.
Underhood fuse for the interior lights blew. Swapped it this morning. No more problems. Radio keeps time and the ECU doesn't reset itself. It idles again. ;) For the last week or so, every time I came to a stop, the idle would drop to like 200 rpms. :-o Funny how a fuse for the interior lights would cause that stuff huh.? :shrug
I'm still going to check all the connections for the A/F guage tomorrow. Hopefully, I can make enough room in my 1 stall garage to fit both quads and the front half of my car in there. I figure since I'll have the pillar off and will be playing with wiring, it'll give me a chance to finish hooking up the water and tranny temp guages. Or at least the water temp unless I can find 8 qts of B&M trick shift.
I generated this page in 0.0090959072113037 seconds, executing 7 queries.