Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #7632
View in linear mode

Subject: "Taking Front Cover off w/balance shafts removed" Previous topic | Next topic
burntheblobsMar-06-06 02:23 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1445 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7632, "Taking Front Cover off w/balance shafts removed"
Mar-06-06 02:24 PM by burntheblobs

Right now I have taken all the bolts off of my front cover except the one that is underneath that cap plug that u need the special tool to take off. Ive taken off the plug, but since my balance shafts are removed, turning the bolt only turns the stub that remains on the inside of the block. Since the stub isnt really connected to anything, should I be able to get the cover off without even removing the bolt?
     And what about the visible bolt with a copper washer to the left of my crank sprocket where a balance shaft component used to be? Remove or leave?
     Also, it seems like my alternator is in the way of the front cover...though the book says nothing about removing the alternator for the front cover. Remove or not to remove?

1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX - SOLD
2006 Mustang GT Convertible

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Hult250RMar-06-06 04:32 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2017 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7633, "RE: Taking Front Cover off w/balance shafts removed"
In response to Reply # 0
Mar-06-06 04:33 PM by Hult250R

Originally posted by burntheblobs
Since the stub isnt really connected to anything, should I be able to get the cover off without even removing the bolt? ?

Yep, you can take it out without removing it. I actually pulled mine out with the balance shaft still attatched.

And what about the visible bolt with a copper washer to the left of my crank sprocket where a balance shaft component used to be? Remove or leave?

Take it out

Also, it seems like my alternator is in the way of the front cover...though the book says nothing about removing the alternator for the front cover. Remove or not to remove?

Im not sure about that one, I did mine when the motor was outta the car. You might as well pull it off, its only 2 bolts.

----------------------------------------

I used to have a 420A...

'92 TSi AWD

11.8 @ 119mph
470awhp 405 ft/lb torque
30psi on E85 w/ Borg Warner S256 Turbo

My DSM Registry: http://www.dsmregistry.com/166

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

burntheblobsMar-06-06 06:55 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1445 posts,
#7634, "RE: Taking Front Cover off w/balance shafts removed"
In response to Reply # 1

Thank you sir. I'm excited to get that front cover off tomorrow!

1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX - SOLD
2006 Mustang GT Convertible

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #7632 Previous topic | Next topic