Go back to previous topic
Forum name4G63 Tech
Topic subjectTaking Front Cover off w/balance shafts removed
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=67&topic_id=7632
7632, Taking Front Cover off w/balance shafts removed
Posted by burntheblobs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
     Right now I have taken all the bolts off of my front cover except the one that is underneath that cap plug that u need the special tool to take off. Ive taken off the plug, but since my balance shafts are removed, turning the bolt only turns the stub that remains on the inside of the block. Since the stub isnt really connected to anything, should I be able to get the cover off without even removing the bolt?
     And what about the visible bolt with a copper washer to the left of my crank sprocket where a balance shaft component used to be? Remove or leave?
     Also, it seems like my alternator is in the way of the front cover...though the book says nothing about removing the alternator for the front cover. Remove or not to remove?
7633, RE: Taking Front Cover off w/balance shafts removed
Posted by Hult250R, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by burntheblobs
Since the stub isnt really connected to anything, should I be able to get the cover off without even removing the bolt? ?

Yep, you can take it out without removing it. I actually pulled mine out with the balance shaft still attatched.

And what about the visible bolt with a copper washer to the left of my crank sprocket where a balance shaft component used to be? Remove or leave?

Take it out

Also, it seems like my alternator is in the way of the front cover...though the book says nothing about removing the alternator for the front cover. Remove or not to remove?

Im not sure about that one, I did mine when the motor was outta the car. You might as well pull it off, its only 2 bolts.
7634, RE: Taking Front Cover off w/balance shafts removed
Posted by burntheblobs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Thank you sir. I'm excited to get that front cover off tomorrow!
I generated this page in 0.023920059204102 seconds, executing 7 queries.