Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #6111
View in linear mode

Subject: "Fluid Question for transmission. please help!!!!" Previous topic | Next topic
Mattcky2kOct-06-03 01:05 PM
Member since Jan 27th 2002
1135 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6111, "Fluid Question for transmission. please help!!!!"

ok i ordered some BG syncro shift fluid for my transmission cause everyone i've talked to swears by it but it says it's for front wheel drive manual transmissions on the bottle? has anyone every used this on an AWD car? seems to me like it wouldn't make much difference but i thought i'd ask just in case. also i ordered Redline 75W90 gear oil for the transfer case and all of that. TIA

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX: K&N Filter, John Sheppard built transmission with GVR4 1st gear, autometer boost gauge, "free mods", Greddy type-s BOV, broken shifter

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Fluid Question for transmission. please help!!!!, TeamJeff_99gs, Oct-06-03 01:14 PM, #1
RE: Fluid Question for transmission. please help!!!!, L2RTSiAWD, Oct-06-03 01:26 PM, #2
      RE: Fluid Question for transmission. please help!!!!, Skillionaire, Oct-07-03 10:09 AM, #3
           RE: Fluid Question for transmission. please help!!!!, HybriDSM, Oct-08-03 06:03 AM, #4
                RE: Fluid Question for transmission. please help!!!!, thedawg, Oct-08-03 07:38 AM, #5
                     RE: Fluid Question for transmission. please help!!!!, Vandy420a, Oct-08-03 07:43 AM, #6
                          RE: Fluid Question for transmission. please help!!!!, Mattcky2k, Oct-09-03 02:03 AM, #7
                               RE: Fluid Question for transmission. please help!!!!, Vandy420a, Oct-09-03 04:30 AM, #8

TeamJeff_99gsOct-06-03 01:14 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6112, "RE: Fluid Question for transmission. please help!!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

BG Synchro Shift II?

Works wonders! It is fine for AWD trannies.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

L2RTSiAWDOct-06-03 01:26 PM
Member since Sep 30th 2003
244 posts,
#6113, "RE: Fluid Question for transmission. please help!!!!"
In response to Reply # 1

Works fine on AWD, I'm trying some Amsoil becasue a couple people that I trust said it worked better for them than BG.

SkillionaireOct-07-03 10:09 AM
Member since Mar 08th 2002
198 posts,
#6114, "RE: Fluid Question for transmission. please help!!!!"
In response to Reply # 2

Pennzoil Synchromesh, available at autozone is what most of the guys around here use. Its also much cheaper than BG at around $4/qt. A local guy that bulids dsm trannies wont use anything else.

93 Talon Tsi FWD
Big 16g Powered!

R.I.P 96 Turbo GS

HybriDSMOct-08-03 06:03 AM
Member since Aug 07th 2002
2407 posts,
#6115, "RE: Fluid Question for transmission. please help!!!!"
In response to Reply # 3

All of the above seem to have great things going for them. I personally use BG but have heard about alot of people using Synchromesh and AMSoil.

It's running again shitheads.

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=791

HybriDSM@gmail.com ; HybriDSM@hotmail.com

Think for yourself. Question authority does not always mean disagree with authority.

If life were perfect, I'd be Calvin and you'd be Hobbes.

thedawgOct-08-03 07:38 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6287 posts,
#6116, "RE: Fluid Question for transmission. please help!!!!"
In response to Reply # 4

I just went to RRE yesterday and they gave me Redline.

Thats kinda odd since they recommend syncroshift on their website.

http://www.roadraceengineering.com/eclfluids.htm

Vandy420aOct-08-03 07:43 AM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
2037 posts,
#6117, "RE: Fluid Question for transmission. please help!!!!"
In response to Reply # 5

i'm about to change my trannyfluid right now...wish me luck...

(mmm gear oil smells so nice, I hope I spill alot on myself, preferrably the Syncroshift because its so cheap...)

Vandy

---------------------------------------

Black 98 GST missing her owner and looking for a new one...Inquiries welcome

Mattcky2kOct-09-03 02:03 AM
Member since Jan 27th 2002
1135 posts,
#6118, "RE: Fluid Question for transmission. please help!!!!"
In response to Reply # 6

so will 75w90 gear oil be alright for the transfer case? i was told that i should use 80w90 in it. or will it be that big of a difference?

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX: K&N Filter, John Sheppard built transmission with GVR4 1st gear, autometer boost gauge, "free mods", Greddy type-s BOV, broken shifter

Vandy420aOct-09-03 04:30 AM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
2037 posts,
#6119, "RE: Fluid Question for transmission. please help!!!!"
In response to Reply # 7

wow ok i'm very UN-impressed with BG...my difficulties getting into 3rd at high speed/rpm from 2nd are still there, adn now the car jumps and whines more in reverse...

Vandy

P.S. Hot tip, get a funnel and get some hose or something from NAPA to fit the funnel, run the funnel from on top of the engine (with the hood popped to the tranny, then have a friend pour while you put the hose in the tranny...SOOO much cleaner than "bottle pourers" or attempting to have the funnel under the car..

---------------------------------------

Black 98 GST missing her owner and looking for a new one...Inquiries welcome

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #6111 Previous topic | Next topic