Go back to previous topic
Forum name4G63 Tech
Topic subjectFluid Question for transmission. please help!!!!
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=67&topic_id=6111
6111, Fluid Question for transmission. please help!!!!
Posted by Mattcky2k, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
ok i ordered some BG syncro shift fluid for my transmission cause everyone i've talked to swears by it but it says it's for front wheel drive manual transmissions on the bottle? has anyone every used this on an AWD car? seems to me like it wouldn't make much difference but i thought i'd ask just in case. also i ordered Redline 75W90 gear oil for the transfer case and all of that. TIA
6112, RE: Fluid Question for transmission. please help!!!!
Posted by Jeff_99gs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
BG Synchro Shift II?

Works wonders! It is fine for AWD trannies.
6113, RE: Fluid Question for transmission. please help!!!!
Posted by L2RTSiAWD, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Works fine on AWD, I'm trying some Amsoil becasue a couple people that I trust said it worked better for them than BG.
6114, RE: Fluid Question for transmission. please help!!!!
Posted by Skillionaire, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Pennzoil Synchromesh, available at autozone is what most of the guys around here use. Its also much cheaper than BG at around $4/qt. A local guy that bulids dsm trannies wont use anything else.
6115, RE: Fluid Question for transmission. please help!!!!
Posted by HybriDSM, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
All of the above seem to have great things going for them. I personally use BG but have heard about alot of people using Synchromesh and AMSoil.
6116, RE: Fluid Question for transmission. please help!!!!
Posted by thedawg, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I just went to RRE yesterday and they gave me Redline.

Thats kinda odd since they recommend syncroshift on their website. :shrug

http://www.roadraceengineering.com/eclfluids.htm
6117, RE: Fluid Question for transmission. please help!!!!
Posted by Vandy420a, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i'm about to change my trannyfluid right now...wish me luck...

(mmm gear oil smells so nice, I hope I spill alot on myself, preferrably the Syncroshift because its so cheap...)

Vandy
6118, RE: Fluid Question for transmission. please help!!!!
Posted by Mattcky2k, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
so will 75w90 gear oil be alright for the transfer case? i was told that i should use 80w90 in it. or will it be that big of a difference?
6119, RE: Fluid Question for transmission. please help!!!!
Posted by Vandy420a, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
wow ok i'm very UN-impressed with BG...my difficulties getting into 3rd at high speed/rpm from 2nd are still there, adn now the car jumps and whines more in reverse... :shrug

Vandy

P.S. Hot tip, get a funnel and get some hose or something from NAPA to fit the funnel, run the funnel from on top of the engine (with the hood popped to the tranny, then have a friend pour while you put the hose in the tranny...SOOO much cleaner than "bottle pourers" or attempting to have the funnel under the car...:thumbsup
I generated this page in 0.013492107391357 seconds, executing 7 queries.