Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #11479
View in linear mode

Subject: "What am I missing from the 2g install kit?" Previous topic | Next topic
BigBaldMar-30-04 05:39 PM
Member since Oct 22nd 2002
2715 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11479, "What am I missing from the 2g install kit?"

I am a n00b....It looks like the oil return line + gaskets......I know i am missing the J pipe bolts and o2 gasket...anything else i will need for this install? What are these water lines i am reading about?

1995 GST - Who the hell knows

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: What am I missing from the 2g install kit?, TeamJeff_99gs, Mar-30-04 05:57 PM, #1
RE: What am I missing from the 2g install kit?, BigBald, Mar-30-04 06:08 PM, #2
RE: What am I missing from the 2g install kit?, chrysler kid, Mar-30-04 06:08 PM, #3
      RE: What am I missing from the 2g install kit?, BigBald, Mar-30-04 06:39 PM, #4
      RE: What am I missing from the 2g install kit?, Jarrad_GST, Mar-30-04 06:40 PM, #5
           RE: What am I missing from the 2g install kit?, ModeratoreclipzGST, Mar-30-04 09:20 PM, #6
                RE: What am I missing from the 2g install kit?, BigBald, Mar-31-04 03:19 AM, #7
                     RE: What am I missing from the 2g install kit?, ModeratoreclipzGST, Mar-31-04 07:32 AM, #8
                          RE: What am I missing from the 2g install kit?, BigBald, Mar-31-04 08:18 AM, #9
                               RE: What am I missing from the 2g install kit?, Jarrad_GST, Mar-31-04 10:08 AM, #10
                                    RE: What am I missing from the 2g install kit?, ModeratoreclipzGST, Mar-31-04 11:00 AM, #11

TeamJeff_99gsMar-30-04 05:57 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11480, "RE: What am I missing from the 2g install kit?"
In response to Reply # 0

You use the stock bolts for the J pipe. What o2 gasket? For the o2 housing? That doesn't need a gasket

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

BigBaldMar-30-04 06:08 PM
2715 posts,
#11481, "RE: What am I missing from the 2g install kit?"
In response to Reply # 1

they sell them for the 02 housing...why wouldn't it need one? What stock bolts am i to use to bolt on the j pipe?

chrysler kidMar-30-04 06:08 PM
Member since Sep 25th 2002
7411 posts,
#11482, "RE: What am I missing from the 2g install kit?"
In response to Reply # 1

oil drain line. you can use the stock 2g one with some modification tho. where did you buy that kit from btw, looks like RRE

11.65 @ 115

BigBaldMar-30-04 06:39 PM
2715 posts,
#11483, "RE: What am I missing from the 2g install kit?"
In response to Reply # 3

nope it is SBR and got it new for 150 off the trader....SBR sells them like this for some odd reason.

Jarrad_GSTMar-30-04 06:40 PM
Member since Jun 23rd 2002
650 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11484, "RE: What am I missing from the 2g install kit?"
In response to Reply # 3
Mar-30-04 06:41 PM by Jarrad_GST

That picture is all you need. Thats all I got when I bought my 2g install kit from SLow boy racing. Thats everything there. Everything else use stock.

97' GST(4G63)
Evo 16G Eclipse

ModeratoreclipzGSTMar-30-04 09:20 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#11485, "RE: What am I missing from the 2g install kit?"
In response to Reply # 5
Mar-30-04 09:22 PM by eclipzGST

yup, you're missing the gasket and j-pipe bolts. Everything else is cool. The water lines you'll use are the stockers. You just switch them inlet/outlet.
I just saw a real good write up on this swap. I'll find it and post it.

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

BigBaldMar-31-04 03:19 AM
2715 posts,
#11486, "RE: What am I missing from the 2g install kit?"
In response to Reply # 6
Mar-31-04 03:24 AM by BigBald

Well I just ordered a new Oil Return line, Crush Washers, o2 Gasket and Oil DRain Gaskets from forced performance. The stuff isn't expensive minus the oil return line...this ought to be a fun install. My understanding is that the water lines will be the worse part of this install.....is this true? Are 1g water lines better to use for the Big 16g? Also where can i get J-Pipe bolts and gasket from?

ModeratoreclipzGSTMar-31-04 07:32 AM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#11487, "RE: What am I missing from the 2g install kit?"
In response to Reply # 7
Mar-31-04 07:33 AM by eclipzGST

OK, I lost internet service last night but it's back today. Here's the link to the walkthrough...
http://www.plymouthlaser.com/evo16g2.htm
And if you go the the main page on that site, he has a TON of good info for other mods and stuff.

When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

BigBaldMar-31-04 08:18 AM
2715 posts,
#11488, "RE: What am I missing from the 2g install kit?"
In response to Reply # 8

Originally posted by eclipzGST
OK, I lost internet service last night but it's back today. Here's the link to the walkthrough... http://www.plymouthlaser.com/evo16g2.htm And if you go the the main page on that site, he has a TON of good info for other mods and stuff.

Thanks alot....

Jarrad_GSTMar-31-04 10:08 AM
Member since Jun 23rd 2002
650 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11489, "RE: What am I missing from the 2g install kit?"
In response to Reply # 9
Mar-31-04 10:08 AM by Jarrad_GST

Do you have a ported 02 housing. You want to install that now instead of going back over to do it again some day. Its such a pain. And you want a ported 02 housing and maybe even a ported exhaust manifold. Makes significant different in spool up. You'll regret it later.

97' GST(4G63)
Evo 16G Eclipse

ModeratoreclipzGSTMar-31-04 11:00 AM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#11490, "RE: What am I missing from the 2g install kit?"
In response to Reply # 10

Originally posted by Jarrad_GST
Do you have a ported 02 housing. You want to install that now instead of going back over to do it again some day. Its such a pain. And you want a ported 02 housing and maybe even a ported exhaust manifold. Makes significant different in spool up. You'll regret it later.

there's also a link off of that page I posted earlier on where/what/how much to port.

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #11479 Previous topic | Next topic