Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #47821
View in linear mode

Subject: "JE vs Wiseco" Previous topic | Next topic
740 turbo brickDec-20-11 09:03 PM
Member since Jun 09th 2008
831 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#47821, "JE vs Wiseco"

Tax time is getting closer, which means I am starting shopping for engine parts. Obviously both of these brands are top of the line. But which is the best to go with? I checked Modern Performance, who doesnt seem to have 2G parts anymore for some reason, and raceeng.com. JE pistons from them were $600+, and Wiseco were around $450. Obviously Im inclined to go with Wiseco to have some money left over for other motor parts, but I dont want to go with them if people have used Wiseco pistons before with poor results. Opinions needed here.

95 Eclipse GS: 10.5:1, Crower 2's and MSII
186 WHP - 150 WTQ
14.697 @ 93.85 MPH......Gone, but not forgotten
99 420A Avenger: Given to my sister
99 GS OZ: Sold
03 Evo 8: Family Car with balls

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: JE vs Wiseco, Moderatorbullettdsm, Dec-20-11 09:08 PM, #1
RE: JE vs Wiseco, Slo2g, Dec-20-11 10:18 PM, #2
      RE: JE vs Wiseco, Fotowntalon, Dec-21-11 08:04 AM, #3
      RE: JE vs Wiseco, 420agreenvilleSC, Dec-21-11 10:18 AM, #4
           RE: JE vs Wiseco, Moderatorteklein, Dec-21-11 06:28 PM, #5
                RE: JE vs Wiseco, Slo2g, Dec-21-11 06:32 PM, #6
                RE: JE vs Wiseco, 420agreenvilleSC, Dec-21-11 09:45 PM, #7
                     RE: JE vs Wiseco, AdministratorCODE4, Dec-21-11 11:27 PM, #8
                          RE: JE vs Wiseco, Moderatorxcasbonx, Dec-22-11 06:57 AM, #9
                               RE: JE vs Wiseco, 420agreenvilleSC, Dec-22-11 08:47 AM, #10
                RE: JE vs Wiseco, 740 turbo brick, Dec-22-11 03:21 PM, #11

ModeratorbullettdsmDec-20-11 09:08 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2676 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#47822, "RE: JE vs Wiseco"
In response to Reply # 0

You know my opinion. I'm a big JE fan. Tried and tested, over and over. Have you tried E-Bay for the JE's?

Captain Caveman

96 RS Turbo 11.414 @ 119.62 MSNS, Crower 2 NA cams, BW366, 10.5 comp, UDP, 60mm TB, W/A intercooler, 3.55 tranny 567.9whp 430tq
97 RS NA 13.188 @ 103.87 MSnS powered 12.5 comp, Crower 3's and 219.4whp with 175tq
98 RS DD 12.5 comp on stock ECU, LTH, Crower 2's, Koni, GC, Hypercoil, DG hats
99 OZ 5sp Stocker 15.856 @ 85.97
99 GS stocker auto 17.7@77mph!

wiki home page:http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=bullettdsm

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Slo2gDec-20-11 10:18 PM
Member since Feb 10th 2006
1074 posts,
#47823, "RE: JE vs Wiseco"
In response to Reply # 1

I ran wiseco in my last build and Tim is still running them. I've never had an issue with them and also never had any excessive piston slap. I also bought them for the 1g but sold that set up before I could run them, the guy I sold them to is having no issues with them either. I personally like them, esp for a na build, but if you want top if line venolia is really nice as well as Arias. Take it with a grain its just my opinion.

FotowntalonDec-21-11 08:04 AM
Member since Aug 09th 2009
350 posts,
#47829, "RE: JE vs Wiseco"
In response to Reply # 2

Damn it Colby, haven't I told you a million times to order your pistons through me and you do have to worry about pricing? *sigh*

Anyways, JE's tend to weigh a little less on average, but Wiseco's come with a nice skirt coating. Both sets come with rings. I cant get you Wiseco's for $425+shipping (or you can pick them up for free)OR JE's for $450 for the 8.5's or $475 for the 10.5's with the same shipping deal. If you want higher comp, like 11.5 I can call my contact at Wossner (not an official distributor for them but have a friend there) and can work out a deal there. Not sure on there pricing, but 'should' be able to get them to you for under $500.

If you are worried about quality all 3 are good quality piston manufacturers and you shouldn't have a problem either way.

97 Talon ESi 14.943@91.35MPH N/A!
"If you need someone to provide an itemized build of materials and a flowchart to walk you through every build-related question you will need to answer at each step of the process, you shouldn't be playing with cars. "-Driggs

420agreenvilleSCDec-21-11 10:18 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
#47830, "RE: JE vs Wiseco"
In response to Reply # 2
Dec-21-11 10:19 AM by 420agreenvilleSC

Originally posted by Slo2g
I ran wiseco in my last build and Tim is still running them. I've never had an issue with them and also never had any excessive piston slap. I also bought them for the 1g but sold that set up before I could run them, the guy I sold them to is having no issues with them either. I personally like them, esp for a na build, but if you want top if line venolia is really nice as well as Arias. Take it with a grain its just my opinion.

I have your other wiseco's in mine.. running well

http://www.2gnt.com/quote_db.php?id=278

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

ModeratortekleinDec-21-11 06:28 PM
Member since Nov 04th 2007
1699 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#47831, "RE: JE vs Wiseco"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by 420agreenvilleSC
Originally posted by Slo2g I ran wiseco in my last build and Tim is still running them. I've never had an issue with them and also never had any excessive piston slap. I also bought them for the 1g but sold that set up before I could run them, the guy I sold them to is having no issues with them either. I personally like them, esp for a na build, but if you want top if line venolia is really nice as well as Arias. Take it with a grain its just my opinion.

Yeah, I have your Carillo's!

Also, bring it Colby. Zac and I are ready (hes driving).

Slo2gDec-21-11 06:32 PM
Member since Feb 10th 2006
1074 posts,
#47832, "RE: JE vs Wiseco"
In response to Reply # 5

Oh yeah, Mikey has wiseco and Tim has CP

420agreenvilleSCDec-21-11 09:45 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
#47835, "RE: JE vs Wiseco"
In response to Reply # 6
Dec-21-11 09:47 PM by 420agreenvilleSC

I'm a fan of wiseco's.. only cuz of my JE mishap..

hot summer temps + 21psi w/ no ignition retard = learning experience

http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=60&topic_id=40459&mode=full

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

AdministratorCODE4Dec-21-11 11:27 PM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
#47836, "RE: JE vs Wiseco"
In response to Reply # 7

that is not a problem with the product but rather operator error.

---

2012 2500HD LML

ModeratorxcasbonxDec-22-11 06:57 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2874 posts,
#47837, "RE: JE vs Wiseco"
In response to Reply # 8

Originally posted by CODE4
that is not a problem with the product but rather operator error.

Beat me to it.

I contributed to the Wiki.

420agreenvilleSCDec-22-11 08:47 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
#47838, "RE: JE vs Wiseco"
In response to Reply # 9

Originally posted by xcasbonx
Originally posted by CODE4 that is not a problem with the product but rather operator error.
Beat me to it.

I know this, but you know us humans - we love to blame plus, i was bein sarcastic lol

740 turbo brickDec-22-11 03:21 PM
Member since Jun 09th 2008
831 posts,
#47840, "RE: JE vs Wiseco"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by teklein
Originally posted by 420agreenvilleSC
Originally posted by Slo2g I ran wiseco in my last build and Tim is still running them. I've never had an issue with them and also never had any excessive piston slap. I also bought them for the 1g but sold that set up before I could run them, the guy I sold them to is having no issues with them either. I personally like them, esp for a na build, but if you want top if line venolia is really nice as well as Arias. Take it with a grain its just my opinion.
Yeah, I have your Carillo's! Also, bring it Colby. Zac and I are ready (hes driving).

Oh just you wait,...Its in the process of being brung! Ive been out of the scene for a short while due to lack of funds, but whenever money permits I am/will be back in the ranks of the 2GNT all motor competition.

95 Eclipse GS: 10.5:1, Crower 2's and MSII
186 WHP - 150 WTQ
14.697 @ 93.85 MPH......Gone, but not forgotten
99 420A Avenger: Given to my sister
99 GS OZ: Sold
03 Evo 8: Family Car with balls

Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #47821 Previous topic | Next topic