Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #24495
View in linear mode

Subject: "Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
Graph-XMay-31-07 07:04 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2607 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#24495, "Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu"

Some of you know that I have acquired Shamu as a means of keeping my DSM dream alive. I've decided at the request of a few to start chronicling my journey to resurrect her to at first a running daily, then a boosted beauty. I know that she won't be as fast as she was with the original motor, but I will come as close as possible to it with my current 2.0 block. I will be taking pictures today of the current progress and hopefully have them up tonight.

Thanks to the people that have helped thus far. It's been much appreciated.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu, TeamDR1665, May-28-07 07:19 AM, #1
RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu, Graph-X, May-28-07 08:53 AM, #2
      RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu, dsmmyth, May-28-07 09:36 AM, #3
           RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu, lild14, May-28-07 04:43 PM, #4
                RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu, Graph-X, May-29-07 12:30 AM, #5
                     RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu, turbo8u, May-29-07 04:30 AM, #6
                          RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu, Moderatorcs82685, May-29-07 04:50 AM, #7
                               RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu, Graph-X, May-29-07 06:14 AM, #8
RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, May-29-07 06:21 AM, #9
RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu, turbo8u, May-29-07 06:34 AM, #10
      RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu, Graph-X, May-29-07 07:06 AM, #11
           RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu, whodatt1, May-29-07 08:04 AM, #12
                RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu, Graph-X, May-29-07 02:35 PM, #13
                     RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu, freelancefool, May-29-07 02:53 PM, #14
                          RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu, Graph-X, May-29-07 03:13 PM, #15
                               RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu, edxmon, May-29-07 06:16 PM, #16
                                    RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu, djtrickee, May-30-07 05:34 AM, #17
                                         RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu, slowmitsu, May-30-07 07:22 AM, #18
                                         RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu, KaptainMyke, May-30-07 09:09 AM, #19
                                              RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, May-30-07 10:33 AM, #20
                                                   RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu, totaleklipse97, May-30-07 05:01 PM, #26
                                                   RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu, dsmmyth, May-31-07 07:05 AM, #36
                                         RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu, edxmon, May-30-07 01:40 PM, #21
                                              RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu, KaptainMyke, May-30-07 02:21 PM, #22
                                              RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu, slowmitsu, May-30-07 03:48 PM, #23
                                                   RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu, saikou, May-30-07 04:21 PM, #24
                                                        RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu, djtrickee, May-30-07 04:52 PM, #25
                                                        RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu, ModeratorDR1665v2, May-31-07 05:38 PM, #48
                                                        RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu, dsmmyth, May-30-07 09:17 PM, #27
                                                             RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu, Graph-X, May-31-07 12:58 AM, #28
                                                                  RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu, turbo8u, May-31-07 03:59 AM, #29
                                                                       RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu, KaptainMyke, May-31-07 04:01 AM, #30
                                                                            RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu, totaleklipse97, May-31-07 04:26 AM, #31
                                                                                 RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu, Graph-X, May-31-07 06:16 AM, #32
                                                                                      RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu, turbo8u, May-31-07 06:28 AM, #33
                                                                                      RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu, totaleklipse97, May-31-07 06:33 AM, #34
                                                                                           RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu, KaptainMyke, May-31-07 06:42 AM, #35
                                                                                                RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu, Malenko, May-31-07 07:09 AM, #37
                                                                                                     RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu, totaleklipse97, May-31-07 07:10 AM, #38
                                                                                                          RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu, ModeratoreclipzGST, May-31-07 07:26 AM, #39
                                                                                                               RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu, KaptainMyke, May-31-07 11:01 AM, #40
                                                                                                                    RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, May-31-07 11:37 AM, #41
                                                                                                                         RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu, ModeratoreclipzGST, May-31-07 11:52 AM, #42
                                                                                                                              RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu, KaptainMyke, May-31-07 12:01 PM, #43
                                                                                                                                   RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu, turbo8u, May-31-07 12:51 PM, #44
                                                                                                                                        RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, May-31-07 03:57 PM, #46
                                                                                                                                             RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu, totaleklipse97, May-31-07 04:54 PM, #47
                                                                                                                                             RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Jun-01-07 06:32 AM, #60
RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu, Moderatormicyek, May-31-07 03:38 PM, #45
RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu, Teamner947, May-31-07 06:49 PM, #49
      RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu, Nine5eclipse03, May-31-07 08:24 PM, #50
           RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu, edxmon, May-31-07 09:00 PM, #51
                RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu, Nine5eclipse03, May-31-07 09:17 PM, #52
                     RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu, Malenko, Jun-01-07 02:44 AM, #53
                          RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu, turbo8u, Jun-01-07 04:09 AM, #54
                               RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu, KaptainMyke, Jun-01-07 06:01 AM, #55
                                    RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Jun-01-07 06:09 AM, #56
                                         RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu, KaptainMyke, Jun-01-07 06:10 AM, #57
                                              RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu, djtrickee, Jun-01-07 06:15 AM, #58
                                                   RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu, 95_ESi_Person, Jun-01-07 06:30 AM, #59
                                                        RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu, TeamDR1665, Jun-01-07 08:00 AM, #61

TeamDR1665May-28-07 07:19 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#24499, "RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu"
In response to Reply # 0

Whoa....

You're bring Shamu back? That's awesome. Props to you, sir.

Graph-XMay-28-07 08:53 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2607 posts,
#24502, "RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu"
In response to Reply # 1

Thanks Driggs. Right now, I am working on getting the fuel system together. I've checked the lines and they all look good. Now, I just need a fuel pump and FPR, Thanks go to Terry for one of his Star_Turbo_Talon signature fuel rails (minus the signature). I'll be hanging out in the search option for a while since I've never had to do anything with the fuel on the Talon, cept putting in a walhboro. Lucky me, I have a 95 so the FPR could handle the 50 shot of nitrous that I fired off maybe 3 times. I have pictures now of the car as it currently looks and will put them up later tonight or tomorrow (As soon as I can get the cable for the camera from my parents house).

dsmmythMay-28-07 09:36 AM
Member since Aug 24th 2004
1178 posts,
#24504, "RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu"
In response to Reply # 2

Sweet.

Gay avatar though.

1998 Eclipse GS

GS-T Axleback|CAI|OBX 4-1 Header|AF/X UDP|

Originally posted by Kaoz78
Did you happen to look at the post date of this topic? I didn't think so there Jesus. Way to raise Lazarus, buddy.

lild14May-28-07 04:43 PM
Donating 2GNT member
343 posts,
#24516, "RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu"
In response to Reply # 3
May-28-07 04:44 PM by lild14

Originally posted by dsmmyth
Sweet. Gay avatar though.

+1

=Dan=

98rs eclipse- Mods: BC2, C/F hood, custom turbo system consisting of a PTE SC50, turbosmart ultra gate (10psi), star FMIC and pipes, SFMU, HKS SSQV, 3" V-BAND downpipe from ATP, Zeitronix Wideband LCD displaying boost, egt and 02. *** SOLD and will be missed***

2006 gsxr 750- jardine gp1 exhaust, -1,+2 stealth sprockets, DID 525 chain, JD products pro TRE. 0-60 in a sneeze. ran a 10.8 avg 1/4 mile my first time to the track on street tires, stock swingarm and unstrapped.

Graph-XMay-29-07 12:30 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2607 posts,
#24521, "RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu"
In response to Reply # 4

Yeah well, I decided to stop changing my avatar cause someone seems to always provide me with a new one as soon as I change it. Anyways, back on topic please.

turbo8uMay-29-07 04:30 AM
Member since Jun 15th 2003
10552 posts,
#24526, "RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu"
In response to Reply # 5

your avatar is so hef

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

96 Black ESi
91 Red TSI AWD (RIP)
02 WRX

"turnin wrenches for nine hours in the pouring rain, just to get the beast up and running again"

Aerospace Certified TIG welder for Precision Castparts in Portland, OR.

JoshSpair.com

Moderatorcs82685May-29-07 04:50 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2007 posts,
#24529, "RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu"
In response to Reply # 6

Good to here you're getting here back on the road.

Originally posted by Graph-X
I've checked the lines and they all look good. Now, I just need a fuel pump and FPR

Are you going with a walbro or just looking for a stocker to get up and running? I've got a donatable spare stocker to help a 2gnt'er bring a car back to life if you need. Although I imagine if you're eventually getting it back to boosted status you may just want to put in a walbro to start.

I contributed to the Wiki!
EVO IX - just a really expensive boost gauge and a K&N air filter
96 Eclipse RS -awaiting registration and inspection
95 Eclipse GS - parts car
Mods/Profile - http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=cs82685

Graph-XMay-29-07 06:14 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2607 posts,
#24530, "RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu"
In response to Reply # 7

I was originally going to use an external pump, but Terry talked me out of it. I've got a spare walboro that I'm going to put in there. and yes it will eventually be boosted again. First things first... Put the beast back together.

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneMay-29-07 06:21 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#24531, "RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu"
In response to Reply # 0

I know that she won't be as fast as she was with the original motor

That car was never fast. Good luck with the shitbox.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

turbo8uMay-29-07 06:34 AM
10552 posts,
#24533, "RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu"
In response to Reply # 9

Originally posted by DarkOne
Originally posted by Graph-X I know that she won't be as fast as she was with the original motor
That car was never fast. Good luck with the shitbox.

dinowned

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

96 Black ESi
91 Red TSI AWD (RIP)
02 WRX

"turnin wrenches for nine hours in the pouring rain, just to get the beast up and running again"

JoshSpair.com

Graph-XMay-29-07 07:06 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2607 posts,
#24534, "RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu"
In response to Reply # 10

haterz!

whodatt1May-29-07 08:04 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2531 posts,
#24535, "RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu"
In response to Reply # 11

The car put down some nice numbers after a lot of work was done to unfuck a lot of it, and some non-retarded tuning was done. Sux that when it started to show its true potential, it got ransacked. good luck with it Nick.
I got your VM and have put down the date for the meet on my calendar.

-97 GS (First project, 299 whp)(sold)
- 97 RS 2.6 last numbers: 306hp, 352tq @16psi (Dead, parted out)
- 99 GS OZ, Hahn Kit, 56k miles (Sold)
--------
- 00 Nissan Maxima GLE (Daily Driver)
- 02 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro

Graph-XMay-29-07 02:35 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2607 posts,
#24550, "RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu"
In response to Reply # 12

pics

freelancefoolMay-29-07 02:53 PM
Donating 2GNT member
765 posts,
#24551, "RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu"
In response to Reply # 13

Ouch. That's gonna be a pretty good bit of work. For a shameless plug, I have almost a complete interior sitting in a spare room here at the house. As well as some window motors, glass, etc if you need anything.

My Blog

Graph-XMay-29-07 03:13 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2607 posts,
#24552, "RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu"
In response to Reply # 14

Thanks, I'll keep you in mind, but I think there's some people a little closer to home that have what I need. I'll let you know if there's anything missing that I might need though.

edxmonMay-29-07 06:16 PM
Member since Jul 26th 2005
1006 posts,
#24560, "RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu"
In response to Reply # 15

I havent been on the boards long enought, but ide like to know what the story behind this "Shamu" is.

Originally posted by turbo8u
his girl kept looking out and down my car like uh ok we're in this 100 whatever thousand dollar car and that little whatever it is just raped us.... turbo screamed past the window like a vortex of ownage :-P robbing his engine of all the air around, and thats how i like it

Originally posted by ez
I came across a huge sack of walnuts in my grandmas garage - I better make use of them.

I contributed to the wiki! My Page: edxmon

djtrickeeMay-30-07 05:34 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#24572, "RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu"
In response to Reply # 16

Originally posted by edxmon
I havent been on the boards long enought, but ide like to know what the story behind this "Shamu" is.

Jeebus. Search!

Search for Brynden, or better yet search for BRYDEN

.........................................................................................................................

Built. That's All...
.........................................................................................................................
www.monkeybuttpirate.com
2 Fingers of Scotch with a milk back... Stat!

slowmitsuMay-30-07 07:22 AM
Member since May 26th 2005
343 posts,
#24573, "RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu"
In response to Reply # 17

Originally posted by djtrickee
Search for Brynden, or better yet search for BRYDEN

Well, with both of the last Pits iterations removed he might actually get results with BryNden. lol

Or maybe we should just start flagging old threads with a "drama" label and just add that button to the search function.

_______

BPU'd skittle

KaptainMykeMay-30-07 09:09 AM
Donating 2GNT member
10179 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#24576, "RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu"
In response to Reply # 18

what happened to it? Was it vandalized? or just stripped?

I guess I lost track of Shamu after whodatt bought it. I understand he sold it now to someone else, but wtf why is it trashed in the inside? What does the outsides look like?

https://www.kaptainmyke.com

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneMay-30-07 10:33 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#24583, "RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu"
In response to Reply # 19

Originally posted by KaptainMyke
what happened to it? Was it vandalized? or just stripped? I guess I lost track of Shamu after whodatt bought it. I understand he sold it now to someone else, but wtf why is it trashed in the inside? What does the outsides look like?

Hugeass had it sitting at some shop (ERT?) and someone broke into it. They stole the stereo, speakers, and DVD player, SAFC, and some other stuff. Hugeass got frustrated and parted it out, then sold the shell to Kulaga. Kulaga then sold it to GraphX here.

That car's been passed around more 2GNT'ers than the drunk local girl at the shootout-before-last.

'13 Evo X (mostly stock)

totaleklipse97May-30-07 05:01 PM
Member since May 14th 2003
3589 posts,
#24610, "RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu"
In response to Reply # 20

Originally posted by KaptainMyke what happened to it? Was it vandalized? or just stripped? I guess I lost track of Shamu after whodatt bought it. I understand he sold it now to someone else, but wtf why is it trashed in the inside? What does the outsides look like?
Hugeass had it sitting at some shop (ERT?) and someone broke into it. They stole the stereo, speakers, and DVD player, SAFC, and some other stuff. Hugeass got frustrated and parted it out, then sold the shell to Kulaga. Kulaga then sold it to GraphX here. That car's been passed around more 2GNT'ers than the drunk local girl at the shootout-before-last.

Actually the break-in was at the Dyno Shop after it was done at ERT. If I remember correctly.. either way.. it got fucking trashed. I almost bought it from Kulaga but had no way to transport it back here. Seeing the pictures I'm glad I didn't.

Oh, and Dino, was that the drunk slip-n-slide bitch or the other dirty nasty fuckhole at the shootout?

-----------------------------------

My DSM registry.......Powered By Exile Racing
VW= The joy of driving
DSM= The frustration of fixing

The wonders of 2gnt chat:

‹totaleklipse97› so what benefits do i get from being ur e-boyfriend
‹Jen› uh... the honor?
‹totaleklipse97› somehow i guess i got that title now
‹Jen› somehow.....

dsmmythMay-31-07 07:05 AM
1178 posts,
#24631, "RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu"
In response to Reply # 20

Well, hopefully you can pull it off. You seem to have a lot of heart.

If it was me though, I'd probably be too discouraged to continue every time I saw it.

Good luck.

1998 Eclipse GS

Did you happen to look at the post date of this topic? I didn't think so there Jesus. Way to raise Lazarus, buddy.

edxmonMay-30-07 01:40 PM
1006 posts,
#24598, "RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu"
In response to Reply # 17

Originally posted by edxmon I havent been on the boards long enought, but ide like to know what the story behind this "Shamu" is.
Jeebus. Search! Search for Brynden, or better yet search for BRYDEN

now how the fuck was I supposed to come up with that name?

"Oh yeah, hmmm I want to learn about shamu, so Ill do a search for BRYDEN, that makes sense!"

his girl kept looking out and down my car like uh ok we're in this 100 whatever thousand dollar car and that little whatever it is just raped us.... turbo screamed past the window like a vortex of ownage :-P robbing his engine of all the air around, and thats how i like it

Originally posted by ez
I came across a huge sack of walnuts in my grandmas garage - I better make use of them.

KaptainMykeMay-30-07 02:21 PM
Donating 2GNT member
10179 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#24603, "RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu"
In response to Reply # 21
May-30-07 02:21 PM by KaptainMyke

Originally posted by edxmon I havent been on the boards long enought, but ide like to know what the story behind this "Shamu" is.
now how the fuck was I supposed to come up with that name? "Oh yeah, hmmm I want to learn about shamu, so Ill do a search for BRYDEN, that makes sense!"

LOL newbs.

Major LAFFO @ Dino's post. bwahahaaa that's just oh so CRAZY!

slowmitsuMay-30-07 03:48 PM
343 posts,
#24607, "RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu"
In response to Reply # 21

now how the fuck was I supposed to come up with that name? "Oh yeah, hmmm I want to learn about shamu, so Ill do a search for BRYDEN, that makes sense!"

The search has plenty of results for "Shamu". Before your time, you'll get over it.

_______

BPU'd skittle

saikouMay-30-07 04:21 PM
Member since Nov 24th 2005
454 posts,
#24608, "RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu"
In response to Reply # 23

Originally posted by slowmitsu
The search has plenty of results for "Shamu". Before your time, you'll get over it.

edxpokeman

slowmitsu

whaa?

djtrickeeMay-30-07 04:52 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#24609, "RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu"
In response to Reply # 24
May-30-07 04:53 PM by djtrickee

Originally posted by saikou
Originally posted by slowmitsu The search has plenty of results for "Shamu". Before your time, you'll get over it.
edxpokeman Member since Jul 26th 2005 slowmitsu Member since May 26th 2005 whaa?

Nice. N3wb on N3wb action. Double-teamed imo. I bet Edxmon was on the bottom.

Built. That's All...
www.monkeybuttpirate.com

ModeratorDR1665v2May-31-07 05:38 PM
Member since Sep 07th 2004
1223 posts,
#24656, "RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu"
In response to Reply # 25

Nice. N3wb on N3wb action. Double-teamed imo. I bet Edxmon was on the bottom.

Haha. Tell me about it.

FNGs.

dsmmythMay-30-07 09:17 PM
1178 posts,
#24616, "RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu"
In response to Reply # 24
May-30-07 09:18 PM by dsmmyth

Originally posted by saikou
edxpokeman

LMAO.

I remember that.

1998 Eclipse GS

Graph-XMay-31-07 12:58 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2607 posts,
#24618, "RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu"
In response to Reply # 27

The pics are a little misleading. It's not as bad as it looks. As soon as I rewire the stereo system it will look much nicer.

turbo8uMay-31-07 03:59 AM
10552 posts,
#24623, "RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu"
In response to Reply # 28

It's not as bad as it looks.

yea it is

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

96 Black ESi
91 Red TSI AWD (RIP)
02 WRX

JoshSpair.com

KaptainMykeMay-31-07 04:01 AM
Donating 2GNT member
10179 posts,
#24624, "RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu"
In response to Reply # 29

Originally posted by Graph-X It's not as bad as it looks.
yea it is

X2

totaleklipse97May-31-07 04:26 AM
3589 posts,
#24625, "RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu"
In response to Reply # 30

Originally posted by Graph-X It's not as bad as it looks.
yea it is
X2

Some of us have seen this car in person... Yes, IT IS!

VW= The joy of driving

‹Jen› uh... the honor?
‹Jen› somehow.....

Graph-XMay-31-07 06:16 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2607 posts,
#24626, "RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu"
In response to Reply # 31
May-31-07 06:31 AM by Graph-X

No sense in bitching.... better to say nothing at all.

turbo8uMay-31-07 06:28 AM
10552 posts,
#24627, "RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu"
In response to Reply # 32

talk about self pwnage

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

96 Black ESi
91 Red TSI AWD (RIP)
02 WRX

JoshSpair.com

totaleklipse97May-31-07 06:33 AM
3589 posts,
#24629, "RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu"
In response to Reply # 32
May-31-07 07:05 AM by Malenko

Ya, bad deals are something we will talk about some other time. I didn't quite get the message that the wiring was in complete disarray either. I only heard about the condition of the frame and suspension. Other than wiring its still in better shape than what I'm working with now. I still wouldn't mind finding a nice shell to swap my motor into. Just finding the time and money to put up in the mean time is rough. Good luck fixing the community whore, LOL.. If it makes you feel better, I even drove it when it was a 2.6L. So ya, it's been around

VW= The joy of driving

‹Jen› uh... the honor?
‹Jen› somehow.....

KaptainMykeMay-31-07 06:42 AM
Donating 2GNT member
10179 posts,
#24630, "RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu"
In response to Reply # 34
May-31-07 06:42 AM by KaptainMyke

haha I sat/rode/farted in it, too. LOL

MalenkoMay-31-07 07:09 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3534 posts,
#24632, "RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu"
In response to Reply # 35

lets not gay up this thread anymore then totaleklipse97 and Graph-X's avatars already are. keep it on topic kids.

Also, I have tan front and rear seats you can have if you need them

totaleklipse97May-31-07 07:10 AM
3589 posts,
#24633, "RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu"
In response to Reply # 37
May-31-07 07:13 AM by totaleklipse97

Originally posted by Malenko
lets not gay up this thread anymore then totaleklipse97 and Graph-X's avatars already are. keep it on topic kids. Also, I have tan front and rear seats you can have if you need them

I don't have an avatar.. homo! (well not until terri decides he needs his kicks for the day and puts it in there.)

(edit: i couldn't see it until i went into my profile editor.. wtf??) Can we make a motion that terri can't edit avatars anymore?

VW= The joy of driving

‹Jen› uh... the honor?
‹Jen› somehow.....

ModeratoreclipzGSTMay-31-07 07:26 AM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#24634, "RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu"
In response to Reply # 38
May-31-07 07:34 AM by eclipzGST

Originally posted by totaleklipse97Can we make a motion that terri can't edit avatars anymore?

No.
And I really don't see how rewiring the stereo will do ANYTHING to make that car look any better. You really got your work cut out for you dude.
You should restore it to it's original glory with some vinyl and a double wing.
edit: Found a pic of it at it's "best". lol

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

KaptainMykeMay-31-07 11:01 AM
Donating 2GNT member
10179 posts,
#24643, "RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu"
In response to Reply # 39

Originally posted by eclipzGST
Originally posted by totaleklipse97Can we make a motion that terri can't edit avatars anymore?
No. And I really don't see how rewiring the stereo will do ANYTHING to make that car look any better. You really got your work cut out for you dude. You should restore it to it's original glory with some vinyl and a double wing. edit: Found a pic of it at it's "best". lol

SWEET! i looked everywhere on my forum and my old backups, but didn't have anything

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonMay-31-07 11:37 AM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#24644, "RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu"
In response to Reply # 40

Frankly most of you are talking out your ass including Stanley. The car's chassis and body were in great shape. The work is that there was so much aftermarket wired into the car that when Huj removed most of it he just left the original shit hanging. The pictures are very misleading.

I dont know where stanley gets off saying the chassis and body were fucked up, they are fine and really need little to no work. The front bumper is all that needs paint but then again unlike stanleys car, Shamu has all its body panels.

All the car needs is someone with a little bit of ambition to clean up the wiring, convert the fuel system back to a single pump design and replace the broken window. If the car had a sunroof, i would have it myself.

Anyone who cant actually build their own project car should remain silent in this thread. I am not talking about paying a shop to install a LSD, ported head and cam gears Stanley. I only see a few people in this thread who have anyting usefull to say in this thread, the rest of you need to ask your mom for your balls and go do something with your own car.

If my car got owned the way Shamu did, I would have a lot of respect for the guy who had the ambition to put it back on the road as more than just a daily driver. Thats one reason I could never sell my own car to any lazy ass on this site.

Terry

ModeratoreclipzGSTMay-31-07 11:52 AM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#24645, "RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu"
In response to Reply # 41

How do you REALLY feel Terry???? hehe
Myke, I had to do a TON of searching to find that pic. Seems every pic of it that existed was on Bryndens page which is long gone. Luckily, I found a link to a pic on ricecop.com that had it listed as "the skunk car" or something. lol

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

KaptainMykeMay-31-07 12:01 PM
Donating 2GNT member
10179 posts,
#24646, "RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu"
In response to Reply # 42

Originally posted by eclipzGST
How do you REALLY feel Terry???? hehe Myke, I had to do a TON of searching to find that pic. Seems every pic of it that existed was on Bryndens page which is long gone. Luckily, I found a link to a pic on ricecop.com that had it listed as "the skunk car" or something. lol

haha that's crazy - yeah, he didn't have too many pics on my forum, either.

turbo8uMay-31-07 12:51 PM
10552 posts,
#24648, "RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu"
In response to Reply # 43

terry shamu

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

96 Black ESi
91 Red TSI AWD (RIP)
02 WRX

JoshSpair.com

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonMay-31-07 03:57 PM
8331 posts,
#24654, "RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu"
In response to Reply # 44

terry shamu

lmao kiss my ass josh.

totaleklipse97May-31-07 04:54 PM
3589 posts,
#24655, "RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu"
In response to Reply # 46

Originally posted by Star Turbo Talon
Frankly most of you are talking out your ass including Stanley. The car's chassis and body were in great shape. The work is that there was so much aftermarket wired into the car that when Huj removed most of it he just left the original shit hanging. The pictures are very misleading. I dont know where stanley gets off saying the chassis and body were fucked up, they are fine and really need little to no work. The front bumper is all that needs paint but then again unlike stanleys car, Shamu has all its body panels. All the car needs is someone with a little bit of ambition to clean up the wiring, convert the fuel system back to a single pump design and replace the broken window. If the car had a sunroof, i would have it myself. Anyone who cant actually build their own project car should remain silent in this thread. I am not talking about paying a shop to install a LSD, ported head and cam gears Stanley. I only see a few people in this thread who have anyting usefull to say in this thread, the rest of you need to ask your mom for your balls and go do something with your own car. If my car got owned the way Shamu did, I would have a lot of respect for the guy who had the ambition to put it back on the road as more than just a daily driver. Thats one reason I could never sell my own car to any lazy ass on this site. Terry

Ok.. before you go talking out of your own ass you might want to read the replies I have posted before. I never said the body/chassis was in bad shape. This is what I said:
Originally posted by totaleklipse97
I didn't quite get the message that the wiring was in complete disarray either. I only heard about the condition of the frame and suspension. Other than wiring its still in better shape than what I'm working with now.

Now, where in that fucking reply did I ONCE SAY THAT THE CHASSIS OR BODY WAS IN BAD SHAPE??????????????

Oh, and your "pay a shop to install cam gears and an LSD". That didn't fucking happen. I worked my ass off at ERT as much as anyone else did to pull that transmission and install that LSD. I didn't know how to do it myself, but that sure as fuck didn't mean I didn't put any work into it. Sleeping on the floor of ERT because we just spend until 4am pulling and reinstalling my trans, while my trans is laying in peices doesn't quite constitute "dropping it off to get some work done". Oh, but you were there when we did that work too huh?? BTW, no fucking shop installed the cam gears on my car. I did that myself after I got it back from the first fuckup place I took it. When I replaced my own fucking cam seals because the first place had no idea how to install them. Re-did the timing on my car, and installed the cam gears. I don't have a garage with snap-on tools to do work on my car. I'm sorry that I've had to get help elsewhere becuase I don't have the resources myself. That makes me so much less of a dedicated member to this site. If that's what you really think of me you can kiss my fucking ass. I've said my peice.. if you don't fucking like it well that's just too bad.

VW= The joy of driving

‹Jen› uh... the honor?
‹Jen› somehow.....

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonJun-01-07 06:32 AM
8331 posts,
#24678, "RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu"
In response to Reply # 47

Originally posted by totaleklipse97
Originally posted by Star Turbo Talon Frankly most of you are talking out your ass including Stanley. The car's chassis and body were in great shape. The work is that there was so much aftermarket wired into the car that when Huj removed most of it he just left the original shit hanging. The pictures are very misleading. I dont know where stanley gets off saying the chassis and body were fucked up, they are fine and really need little to no work. The front bumper is all that needs paint but then again unlike stanleys car, Shamu has all its body panels. All the car needs is someone with a little bit of ambition to clean up the wiring, convert the fuel system back to a single pump design and replace the broken window. If the car had a sunroof, i would have it myself. Anyone who cant actually build their own project car should remain silent in this thread. I am not talking about paying a shop to install a LSD, ported head and cam gears Stanley. I only see a few people in this thread who have anyting usefull to say in this thread, the rest of you need to ask your mom for your balls and go do something with your own car. If my car got owned the way Shamu did, I would have a lot of respect for the guy who had the ambition to put it back on the road as more than just a daily driver. Thats one reason I could never sell my own car to any lazy ass on this site. Terry
Ok.. before you go talking out of your own ass you might want to read the replies I have posted before. I never said the body/chassis was in bad shape. This is what I said:
Originally posted by totaleklipse97 I didn't quite get the message that the wiring was in complete disarray either. I only heard about the condition of the frame and suspension. Other than wiring its still in better shape than what I'm working with now.
Now, where in that fucking reply did I ONCE SAY THAT THE CHASSIS OR BODY WAS IN BAD SHAPE?????????????? Oh, and your "pay a shop to install cam gears and an LSD". That didn't fucking happen. I worked my ass off at ERT as much as anyone else did to pull that transmission and install that LSD. I didn't know how to do it myself, but that sure as fuck didn't mean I didn't put any work into it. Sleeping on the floor of ERT because we just spend until 4am pulling and reinstalling my trans, while my trans is laying in peices doesn't quite constitute "dropping it off to get some work done". Oh, but you were there when we did that work too huh?? BTW, no fucking shop installed the cam gears on my car. I did that myself after I got it back from the first fuckup place I took it. When I replaced my own fucking cam seals because the first place had no idea how to install them. Re-did the timing on my car, and installed the cam gears. I don't have a garage with snap-on tools to do work on my car. I'm sorry that I've had to get help elsewhere becuase I don't have the resources myself. That makes me so much less of a dedicated member to this site. If that's what you really think of me you can kiss my fucking ass. I've said my peice.. if you don't fucking like it well that's just too bad.

Impressive, thats just liek building a car from the ground up...yeah ok genius.

ModeratormicyekMay-31-07 03:38 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5070 posts,
#24653, "RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu"
In response to Reply # 0

Even after all these year Shamu is still a very polarizing entity on this site.

Do we need a bigger sand box kids?

getty up

-kent-

'98 Talon...gone, but not forgotten

Teamner947May-31-07 06:49 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3168 posts,
#24659, "RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu"
In response to Reply # 45

We might need a section only for owners to post about their cars that have been passed around like a nasty STD

2016 WRX STi Limited (current)
2001 A4 1.8tqms (donated)
1991 GVR4 #1933 (sold)
old.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=218 (dismantled)

Nine5eclipse03May-31-07 08:24 PM
Member since Oct 11th 2004
335 posts,
#24661, "RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu"
In response to Reply # 49

So... i'm not OG enough to be familiar with shamu... and those pictures you guys are posting arent working, except for the stripped dash/interior shots. Can i get some background info? and maybe some working pics? Any info would be helpful lol, Thanks!

Don't sell your car to 16 year olds...

95 Eclipse RS - Sold for 6k, totalled three days later
91 Dodge Stealth R/T TT - 3" exhaust w/ no cats, eurethane motor mounts, 300M unbreakable output shaft, kevlar faced clutch, turbo XS BOV, 99 3000gt front conversion, carbon fiber hood. Dyno'd at 386hp. - SOLD! for 5k
98 Dodge Ram 1500 Club Cab 4x4 black on black.

edxmonMay-31-07 09:00 PM
1006 posts,
#24663, "RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu"
In response to Reply # 50

Originally posted by Nine5eclipse03
So... i'm not OG enough to be familiar with shamu... and those pictures you guys are posting arent working, except for the stripped dash/interior shots. Can i get some background info? and maybe some working pics? Any info would be helpful lol, Thanks!

Pfft, you're better off now even getting into this, or some one is going to start flaming you, see my post above, I asked the same exact question... and look at the responses.

Originally posted by ez

Nine5eclipse03May-31-07 09:17 PM
Member since Oct 11th 2004
335 posts,
#24664, "RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu"
In response to Reply # 51

Originally posted by Nine5eclipse03 So... i'm not OG enough to be familiar with shamu... and those pictures you guys are posting arent working, except for the stripped dash/interior shots. Can i get some background info? and maybe some working pics? Any info would be helpful lol, Thanks!
Pfft, you're better off now even getting into this, or some one is going to start flaming you, see my post above, I asked the same exact question... and look at the responses.

Yeah... but youre kinda known for saying stupid stuff.

Don't sell your car to 16 year olds...

95 Eclipse RS - Sold for 6k, totalled three days later
91 Dodge Stealth R/T TT - 3" exhaust w/ no cats, eurethane motor mounts, 300M unbreakable output shaft, kevlar faced clutch, turbo XS BOV, 99 3000gt front conversion, carbon fiber hood. Dyno'd at 386hp. - SOLD! for 5k
98 Dodge Ram 1500 Club Cab 4x4 black on black.

MalenkoJun-01-07 02:44 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3534 posts,
#24666, "RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu"
In response to Reply # 52
Jun-01-07 03:03 AM by Malenko

I felt inspired

turbo8uJun-01-07 04:09 AM
10552 posts,
#24668, "RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu"
In response to Reply # 53

dude I got underglows on my bed its tight

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

96 Black ESi
91 Red TSI AWD (RIP)
02 WRX

JoshSpair.com

KaptainMykeJun-01-07 06:01 AM
Donating 2GNT member
10179 posts,
#24673, "RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu"
In response to Reply # 54
Jun-01-07 06:09 AM by KaptainMyke

that's my car (Lois) behind Shamu, in that pic!

Old school pic, with all the graphics, lol - I think our cars were faster back then with the vinyl

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneJun-01-07 06:09 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#24674, "RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu"
In response to Reply # 55

I think our cars were faster back then with the vinyl

No.

'13 Evo X (mostly stock)

KaptainMykeJun-01-07 06:10 AM
Donating 2GNT member
10179 posts,
#24675, "RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu"
In response to Reply # 56

No.

Yes. They were.

djtrickeeJun-01-07 06:15 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#24676, "RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu"
In response to Reply # 57

Originally posted by DarkOne No.
Yes. They were.

I've got a couple more pics of his car, but I left them at home. I will post them up laters. Pretty good stuff, and a bunch of pics of his car from back in the day pits-photoshop wars. hehe.

Built. That's All...
www.monkeybuttpirate.com

95_ESi_PersonJun-01-07 06:30 AM
Member since Sep 16th 2002
3260 posts,
#24677, "RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu"
In response to Reply # 58

Not too bad. Makes my Regal project seem a whole lot easier now!

All I have to deal with is wiring and engine issues... no ECU/PCM to deal with for now.

TeamDR1665Jun-01-07 08:00 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#24680, "RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu"
In response to Reply # 59

I think this thread has outlived its usefulness.

Good luck with getting Shamu back together. It's going to take some big balls to tighten the old girl back up again. Keep your head straight and stick to the plan or this one could eat you alive.

For the new(er) guys, run a search on terms like: Brynden, Bryden, Shamu, and maybe 2.6. I'll see if I can't find something locked away somewhere that I can't dust off for more background for you guys.

Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #24495 Previous topic | Next topic