Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 4 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #5397
View in linear mode

Subject: "The Wraith" Previous topic | Next topic
DanKidMar-15-06 04:26 AM
Member since Oct 29th 2004
480 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5397, "The Wraith"

What's up guys. I don't know if any of you have ever seen this movie but it's a cool movie back from the 80's about this ghost car. For those of you have seen it you might find it kind of cool to know that the car is being restored by someone in Kansas. I found the specs of the car in a forum and the car had a 2.2 liter engine with two T25 turbos which put out 400hp and 300 lbs of torque. The paint job on the car alone cost $30,000. And you have to remember this was back in the 80's so that was a whole lot of money for a paint job back then. Here are the links.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1654649
http://www.thewraithcar.com/restore/index.htm

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: The Wraith, BlackMagic, Mar-15-06 04:39 AM, #1
RE: The Wraith, DanKid, Mar-15-06 05:27 AM, #2
      RE: The Wraith, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Mar-15-06 05:31 AM, #3
           RE: The Wraith, Moderatormicyek, Mar-15-06 05:38 AM, #4
                RE: The Wraith, Kirby, Mar-15-06 05:54 AM, #5
                     RE: The Wraith, KaptainMyke, Mar-15-06 06:06 AM, #6
                          RE: The Wraith, DanKid, Mar-15-06 06:24 AM, #7
                               RE: The Wraith, Kirby, Mar-15-06 07:13 AM, #8
                                    RE: The Wraith, TeamDR1665, Mar-15-06 07:23 AM, #9
                                         RE: The Wraith, DanKid, Mar-15-06 08:14 AM, #10
                                              RE: The Wraith, Initial DSM, Mar-15-06 09:46 AM, #11
                                              RE: The Wraith, TeamDR1665, Mar-15-06 12:32 PM, #12
                                                   RE: The Wraith, gramozeka, Mar-15-06 12:46 PM, #13
                                                        RE: The Wraith, shuwa29, Mar-16-06 05:09 PM, #14
                                                             RE: The Wraith, oRACLe063, Mar-21-06 07:26 AM, #15
                                                                  RE: The Wraith, BumpinTalon, Mar-21-06 06:26 PM, #16
                                                                  RE: The Wraith, Moderatorjuan, Mar-21-06 06:56 PM, #17
                                                                       RE: The Wraith, Moderatormicyek, Mar-22-06 01:47 AM, #18
                                                                            RE: The Wraith, oRACLe063, Mar-22-06 07:34 PM, #19

BlackMagicMar-15-06 04:39 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1243 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5398, "RE: The Wraith"
In response to Reply # 0

what an interesting looking machine, id rock it

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=1133
*form follows function*

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

DanKidMar-15-06 05:27 AM
480 posts,
#5404, "RE: The Wraith"
In response to Reply # 1
Mar-15-06 05:51 AM by DanKid

Originally posted by BlackMagic
what an interesting looking machine, id rock it

Hell Yeah. I would definately drive it even if it was made 20 years ago. The body design still looks futuristic after all of these years.

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonMar-15-06 05:31 AM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#5405, "RE: The Wraith"
In response to Reply # 2

YEah that was a good movie just too simple of a plot. Back when Sheen was a nobody actor.

Also if you watch the movie there are a Daytona that was supposedly builtup by the character and streetraced.

Terry

ModeratormicyekMar-15-06 05:38 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5070 posts,
#5406, "RE: The Wraith"
In response to Reply # 3

lol

getty up

-kent-

'98 Talon...gone, but not forgotten

KirbyMar-15-06 05:54 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2181 posts,
#5408, "RE: The Wraith"
In response to Reply # 4

I just bought that DVD a week ago out of the $5 bin..lol Me and my bro used to watch it all the time back in the day. Stupid 80's movie but a few decent cars...

I edited to the wiki!

Originally posted by DR1665
NOTE TO SELF: Go commando to wedding. Scar the Irishman for life.

KaptainMykeMar-15-06 06:06 AM
Donating 2GNT member
10179 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#5410, "RE: The Wraith"
In response to Reply # 5

Wow, that is incredible! I've had that movie for a few years now on Dvd and we watched it a few times.

If you read the history on that car, it was to be an actual production model super sports car back in the day. The movie was to headline it and stun the world. However, it was too expensive to build and Dodge/Chrysler scrapped the entire project off the line in Detroit.

I loved that movie and it's history of the car.

Good stuff!

https://www.kaptainmyke.com

DanKidMar-15-06 06:24 AM
480 posts,
#5411, "RE: The Wraith"
In response to Reply # 6

If that car would have gone into production it would have been way ahead of it's time. I thought it was funny that the car in the movie with the supercharger sticking out through the hood actually had a non-functioning supercharger. I guess that's like these guys today who install intercoolers on cars with no turbo's.

KirbyMar-15-06 07:13 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2181 posts,
#5416, "RE: The Wraith"
In response to Reply # 7

Or when they do car movies today and talk about turbo's and use bov effects and when they pop the hood spilner really has a hedder and intake right?

I edited to the wiki!

NOTE TO SELF: Go commando to wedding. Scar the Irishman for life.

TeamDR1665Mar-15-06 07:23 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#5417, "RE: The Wraith"
In response to Reply # 8

Awesome. I went from Wichita to Arizona and the Wraith went the other way shortly there after. Stupid the Wraith.

DanKidMar-15-06 08:14 AM
480 posts,
#5418, "RE: The Wraith"
In response to Reply # 9

Awesome. I went from Wichita to Arizona and the Wraith went the other way shortly there after. Stupid the Wraith.

I forgot you were from Arizona. Have you driven on the same highways where the movie was filmed? They seemed wavy as hell in the movie. I wouldn't wanna race on those highways. One of the stunt drivers got killed on one of those roads while filming the movie.

Initial DSMMar-15-06 09:46 AM
Member since Sep 23rd 2003
2833 posts,
#5423, "RE: The Wraith"
In response to Reply # 10

400hp with just twin Garrett T25's? I wonder if he'll upgrade them.

TeamDR1665Mar-15-06 12:32 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#5433, "RE: The Wraith"
In response to Reply # 10

Originally posted by DanKid
I forgot you were from Arizona. Have you driven on the same highways where the movie was filmed? They seemed wavy as hell in the movie. I wouldn't wanna race on those highways. One of the stunt drivers got killed on one of those roads while filming the movie.

I've been on some winding roads, yes, but I honestly don't remember much, if anything, about that movie from when I watched it as a kid. I have done better than 120 across the desert on the way to MOD last April in Anaheim. It gets a bit wavy out there, but not that bad.

gramozekaMar-15-06 12:46 PM
Member since Aug 16th 2005
327 posts,
#5435, "RE: The Wraith"
In response to Reply # 12

very cool info... 400 hp 4 cyl turbo, is this the begining of dsm?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
98 Stock Talon ESi
Mods: New spark Plugs NGK, Fresh ATF, K&N, AGX, UDP and ZipTies tieing the strut towers (according to BlackMagic increases my torsional rigidity)
I know spark plugs are not a mod but the car runs so smooth now.

shuwa29Mar-16-06 05:09 PM
Member since Mar 15th 2002
2301 posts,
#5529, "RE: The Wraith"
In response to Reply # 13

i'm glad someone came across that chrysler came up with the design. i got the movie on dvd from walmart for 5 bucks...what a shave anyways, great movie.

later

2GNT #1865
2006 Yamaha YZF R6 (Blue/Black)
2005 Honda CBR 600 RR (Blue REPSOL)
2003 BMW 325I Premium/Sport Package
2003 Honda CBR 600 RR (sold)
1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS (sold)
Shuwa's links:
http://www.facebook.com/Shuwa29
http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b50/shuwa29/

DarkOne> but we all have that inner ricer that is just dying to come out sometimes...

oRACLe063Mar-21-06 07:26 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2663 posts,
#5874, "RE: The Wraith"
In response to Reply # 14

1997 RS AUTO

ORACLE063
1/4 - 17.021
60' - 2.510
Weight 2730

BumpinTalonMar-21-06 06:26 PM
Member since Mar 23rd 2004
2381 posts,
#5914, "RE: The Wraith"
In response to Reply # 15

Originally posted by oRACLe063

whooooaaaa WHEEL GAP!

1995 Eagle Talon ESi

ModeratorjuanMar-21-06 06:56 PM
Donating 2GNT member
817 posts,
#5916, "RE: The Wraith"
In response to Reply # 15

I remember renting that movie shortly after it came out, first time round (thats VHS for you young-uns).

It sure wasn't a great movie by any measure, but at the time I liked it. Course, I used to think Airwolf was cool too...

Have to say though, the Buick Wildcat concept car of the same vintage was better lookin, IMO.

juan

ModeratormicyekMar-22-06 01:47 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5070 posts,
#5927, "RE: The Wraith"
In response to Reply # 17

Originally posted by juan
Have to say though, the Buick Wildcat concept car of the same vintage was better lookin, IMO. juan

that is cool.

getty up

-kent-

'98 Talon...gone, but not forgotten

oRACLe063Mar-22-06 07:34 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2663 posts,
#6026, "RE: The Wraith"
In response to Reply # 18
Mar-22-06 07:35 PM by oRACLe063

it kinda looks like a trans am on acid

or a shroomin nsx

1997 RS AUTO

ORACLE063
1/4 - 17.021
60' - 2.510
Weight 2730

Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #5397 Previous topic | Next topic