Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Pits v3.1
Topic subjectThe Wraith
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=60&topic_id=5397
5397, The Wraith
Posted by DanKid, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
What's up guys. I don't know if any of you have ever seen this movie but it's a cool movie back from the 80's about this ghost car. For those of you have seen it you might find it kind of cool to know that the car is being restored by someone in Kansas. I found the specs of the car in a forum and the car had a 2.2 liter engine with two T25 turbos which put out 400hp and 300 lbs of torque. The paint job on the car alone cost $30,000. And you have to remember this was back in the 80's so that was a whole lot of money for a paint job back then. Here are the links.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1654649
http://www.thewraithcar.com/restore/index.htm
5398, RE: The Wraith
Posted by BlackMagic, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
what an interesting looking machine, id rock it
5404, RE: The Wraith
Originally posted by BlackMagic
what an interesting looking machine, id rock it

Hell Yeah. I would definately drive it even if it was made 20 years ago. The body design still looks futuristic after all of these years.
5405, RE: The Wraith
Posted by Star Turbo Talon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
YEah that was a good movie just too simple of a plot. Back when Sheen was a nobody actor.

Also if you watch the movie there are a Daytona that was supposedly builtup by the character and streetraced.

Terry
5406, RE: The Wraith
Posted by micyek, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM

:shrug

lol :P
5408, RE: The Wraith
Posted by Kirby, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I just bought that DVD a week ago out of the $5 bin..lol Me and my bro used to watch it all the time back in the day. Stupid 80's movie but a few decent cars...
5410, RE: The Wraith
Posted by KaptainMyke, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Wow, that is incredible! I've had that movie for a few years now on Dvd and we watched it a few times.

If you read the history on that car, it was to be an actual production model super sports car back in the day. The movie was to headline it and stun the world. However, it was too expensive to build and Dodge/Chrysler scrapped the entire project off the line in Detroit.

I loved that movie and it's history of the car.

Good stuff!
5411, RE: The Wraith
If that car would have gone into production it would have been way ahead of it's time. I thought it was funny that the car in the movie with the supercharger sticking out through the hood actually had a non-functioning supercharger. I guess that's like these guys today who install intercoolers on cars with no turbo's. :P
5416, RE: The Wraith
Posted by Kirby, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Or when they do car movies today and talk about turbo's and use bov effects and when they pop the hood spilner really has a hedder and intake right?
5417, RE: The Wraith
Posted by DR1665, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Awesome. I went from Wichita to Arizona and the Wraith went the other way shortly there after. Stupid the Wraith. :P
5418, RE: The Wraith
Originally posted by DR1665
Awesome. I went from Wichita to Arizona and the Wraith went the other way shortly there after. Stupid the Wraith. :P

I forgot you were from Arizona. Have you driven on the same highways where the movie was filmed? They seemed wavy as hell in the movie. I wouldn't wanna race on those highways. One of the stunt drivers got killed on one of those roads while filming the movie.
5423, RE: The Wraith
Posted by Initial DSM, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
400hp with just twin Garrett T25's? I wonder if he'll upgrade them.
5433, RE: The Wraith
Posted by DR1665, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by DanKid
I forgot you were from Arizona. Have you driven on the same highways where the movie was filmed? They seemed wavy as hell in the movie. I wouldn't wanna race on those highways. One of the stunt drivers got killed on one of those roads while filming the movie.

I've been on some winding roads, yes, but I honestly don't remember much, if anything, about that movie from when I watched it as a kid. I have done better than 120 across the desert on the way to MOD last April in Anaheim. It gets a bit wavy out there, but not that bad. ;)
5435, RE: The Wraith
Posted by gramozeka, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
very cool info... 400 hp 4 cyl turbo, is this the begining of dsm?
5529, RE: The Wraith
Posted by shuwa29, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i'm glad someone came across that chrysler came up with the design. i got the movie on dvd from walmart for 5 bucks...what a shave :( anyways, great movie.

later
5874, RE: The Wraith
Posted by oRACLe063, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM

5914, RE: The Wraith
Posted by BumpinTalon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by oRACLe063

whooooaaaa WHEEL GAP!
5916, RE: The Wraith
Posted by juan, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I remember renting that movie shortly after it came out, first time round (thats VHS for you young-uns).

It sure wasn't a great movie by any measure, but at the time I liked it. Course, I used to think Airwolf was cool too... ;)

Have to say though, the Buick Wildcat concept car of the same vintage was better lookin, IMO.

juan
5927, RE: The Wraith
Posted by micyek, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by juan
Have to say though, the Buick Wildcat concept car of the same vintage was better lookin, IMO. juan

that is cool.
6026, RE: The Wraith
Posted by oRACLe063, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
it kinda looks like a trans am on acid

or a shroomin nsx

I generated this page in 0.012142181396484 seconds, executing 7 queries.