Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 4 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #32796
View in linear mode

Subject: "which car would you buy/recommend and why?" Previous topic | Next topic
lild14Apr-27-08 07:50 AM
Donating 2GNT member
343 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#32796, "Poll question: which car would you buy/recommend and why?"

looking at an addition to the fleet. im looking for a new car that is not expensive, good gas mileage, cargo space and comfortable amount of room. i have narrowed it down to these 4 choices. i must say, i like every one of them, however i am looking for some real world opinions from those who own one themselves or know of someone who does. TIA guys

edit: the car will be strictly a dd meaning no mods.

Poll result (7 votes)
suzuki sx4 hatchback (0 votes)Vote
scion xd (0 votes)Vote
scion tc (5 votes)Vote
honda fit (2 votes)Vote

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: which car would you buy/recommend and why?, eclipse982nrRST, Apr-27-08 08:13 AM, #1
RE: which car would you buy/recommend and why?, totaleklipse97, Apr-27-08 09:25 AM, #2
RE: which car would you buy/recommend and why?, foggy45, Apr-27-08 10:39 AM, #3
RE: which car would you buy/recommend and why?, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Apr-27-08 11:51 AM, #4
      RE: which car would you buy/recommend and why?, CopperEclipse96, Apr-27-08 03:22 PM, #5
           RE: which car would you buy/recommend and why?, 2GeclipseRS, May-07-08 10:05 AM, #6
                RE: which car would you buy/recommend and why?, lild14, May-07-08 11:08 AM, #7

eclipse982nrRSTApr-27-08 08:13 AM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#32797, "RE: which car would you buy/recommend and why?"
In response to Reply # 0

Its more family'ish, But I love the 06+ Monte Carlo's.

As a tech, I have yet to see any problems with any aspect of those cars besides noisey steering shafts, which is a simple fix that GM came out with a new design.

I personally dont like Honda, Toyota, or Ford so each to their own.

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

totaleklipse97Apr-27-08 09:25 AM
Member since May 14th 2003
3589 posts,
#32798, "RE: which car would you buy/recommend and why?"
In response to Reply # 1

Out of your list.. not out of personal experience, but I think the Tc would be the most stylish and I haven't heard anything too bad about them (not to say there isn't, every car has problems). It's a car I've considered myself given the reasonable price range of them also.

-----------------------------------

My DSM registry.......Powered By Exile Racing
VW= The joy of driving
DSM= The frustration of fixing

The wonders of 2gnt chat:

‹totaleklipse97› so what benefits do i get from being ur e-boyfriend
‹Jen› uh... the honor?
‹totaleklipse97› somehow i guess i got that title now
‹Jen› somehow.....

foggy45Apr-27-08 10:39 AM
Member since Dec 28th 2003
1032 posts,
#32799, "RE: which car would you buy/recommend and why?"
In response to Reply # 0

eventhough it has tiny little balls, i'd go with the fit.
if you look at "Spoon" for instance, they are doing some crazy things with those things in Japan.

second choice would be the TC, they look good and are getting good aftermarket support to make good power and performance

Best sum up of working on a 2GNT
DR1665- "#5. Spike that motherfucker on the garage floor and grab a beer. You deserve it."

Ahhhh Priceless . . .
eclipse982nrRST "its actually lightish red"
RoninEclipse2G "yeah, they already have a color for that... it's called PINK"

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonApr-27-08 11:51 AM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#32800, "RE: which car would you buy/recommend and why?"
In response to Reply # 3

My younger sister has an 08 TC and I was kinda surprised and how nice it was. Comes with a load of options ect and is built pretty decent.

Terry

CopperEclipse96Apr-27-08 03:22 PM
Member since Jan 14th 2003
2532 posts,
#32801, "RE: which car would you buy/recommend and why?"
In response to Reply # 4

my buddy has a tC... not bad cars for the money. I might look att picking up a used one for a commuter... haven't really priced them yet though.

---------------------------------------

-Ian
-1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS (SOLD!)
-2006 Nissan Frontier NISMO
-2003 CBR600RR

2GeclipseRSMay-07-08 10:05 AM
Member since May 06th 2007
781 posts,
#33013, "RE: which car would you buy/recommend and why?"
In response to Reply # 5

Car: Fit

Reason: Honda

Goodnight sweetheart...yes its time to go...bum bum bum bum bum...good night sweetheart yes I am one little a$$hole......bum bum bum bum....

lild14May-07-08 11:08 AM
Donating 2GNT member
343 posts,
#33017, "RE: which car would you buy/recommend and why?"
In response to Reply # 6

getting a scion xb toyota is just as good IMO. i test drove the fit, xb,xd and tc. the fit lacks balls, the xb and tc have decent power and get about the same mileage as the fit. ive decided on the xb, possibly the limited production run if my dealer can get it. woop woop

=Dan=

98rs eclipse- Mods: BC2, C/F hood, custom turbo system consisting of a PTE SC50, turbosmart ultra gate (10psi), star FMIC and pipes, SFMU, HKS SSQV, 3" V-BAND downpipe from ATP, Zeitronix Wideband LCD displaying boost, egt and 02. *** SOLD and will be missed***

2006 gsxr 750- jardine gp1 exhaust, -1,+2 stealth sprockets, DID 525 chain, JD products pro TRE. 0-60 in a sneeze. ran a 10.8 avg 1/4 mile my first time to the track on street tires, stock swingarm and unstrapped.

Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #32796 Previous topic | Next topic